Home

NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2023, 10:50 AM   #41
Rookie

SportsGamer89's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Then you're expected to either shut down the superstar and/or outscore them. All the while, expected to break legendary records while starting at 60 OVR.

Being that it seems you played MyCareer, how are the AI Teammates. In the past, AI Teammates were terrible and made the mode unplayable. I'm hoping that I don't have to carry the team because my build won't be a score first player

The AI plays well to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2023, 03:14 AM   #42
MVP

zello144's Arena

They just added new templates.
Old 10-28-2023, 06:43 PM   #43
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer89
The AI plays well to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I put 3 different characters on the Mavs to try and get Luka and Kyrie what they needed to be successful. While it's nice to be able to set the lineups after your first game, it's really hard to build a good roster tho. Your superstars play well, but it's really hard to get your bench to be consistent. I finally had to bench Kyrie and run him as a 6th man because the bench was always last in the league for me. I was always last in offensive rebounds even after trading for Steven Adams and Daniel Gafford.
Old 10-28-2023, 06:51 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I put 3 different characters on the Mavs to try and get Luka and Kyrie what they needed to be successful. While it's nice to be able to set the lineups after your first game, it's really hard to build a good roster tho. Your superstars play well, but it's really hard to get your bench to be consistent. I finally had to bench Kyrie and run him as a 6th man because the bench was always last in the league for me. I was always last in offensive rebounds even after trading for Steven Adams and Daniel Gafford.
That's disappointing, but as long as the superstars play well, I can tolerate the bench being inconsistent.

I'm waiting until Start of Season 3 to start MyCareer
Old 11-01-2023, 05:36 PM   #45
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I just started playing MyCareer and the first couple games were fun, like the way the team played...I'm a 6'6" pg on my Celtics but I have to say I absolutely hate the way 2K makes you have to play with other people IE joining a affiliation and being able to get my Daily spin for my rewards. I find no enjoyment at all playing with others. I can't hit shots....never really been able to online and it's just not fun...this really sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2023, 07:19 PM   #46
Just started!

My wife bought me NBA 2K24 for our PS4 as a early Christmas present. I haven't played a new 2K since 2k19. So I was surprised when WNBA was included. I've always wanted to play WNBA as a game, as to create my women dream team. However I have noticed that you Cannot create women caws for use in the season. Is there a reason?
Old 11-01-2023, 07:52 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I just started playing MyCareer and the first couple games were fun, like the way the team played...I'm a 6'6" pg on my Celtics but I have to say I absolutely hate the way 2K makes you have to play with other people IE joining a affiliation and being able to get my Daily spin for my rewards. I find no enjoyment at all playing with others. I can't hit shots....never really been able to online and it's just not fun...this really sucks.
I've yet to play, but that's the thing I don't like. I don't mind doing some of the BS quests and traveling all around the City. It was useful for VC farming. But as someone who doesn't want to play with others online, this mode almost forces you to play online if you want to get all the bonuses. I don't want to play online to get Daily Spin or play to unlock perks. I don't mind the grind, but I'm not grinding to get high levels. I have responsibilities lol.

I'm still planning on playing once Season 3 starts. My biggest gripe in the past was AI Teammates wasn't playing up to par, but it seems like AI Teammates are better this year.
Old 11-02-2023, 03:59 PM   #48
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I've yet to play, but that's the thing I don't like. I don't mind doing some of the BS quests and traveling all around the City. It was useful for VC farming. But as someone who doesn't want to play with others online, this mode almost forces you to play online if you want to get all the bonuses. I don't want to play online to get Daily Spin or play to unlock perks. I don't mind the grind, but I'm not grinding to get high levels. I have responsibilities lol.

I'm still planning on playing once Season 3 starts. My biggest gripe in the past was AI Teammates wasn't playing up to par, but it seems like AI Teammates are better this year.
I personally don't think I'll ever join an Affiliation having to score 100 pts and win 10 games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »