Home

NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2023, 06:48 PM   #33
Rookie

Rondo To KG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 MyPlayer Thread

Is it even possible to progress shooting badges this year exclusively playing vs. the AI on All-Star difficulty? Just had my best shooting game with my 74 OVR Sharpshooter (7-12 from deep, 58%) and ended up having most of my shooting badges regress.

My ratings aren't high enough to compete on Superstar yet and I have no interest in playing online, so if it isn't possible, it seems like I'm just stuck with bronze shooting badges unless I just shot-jack 20+ threes a game?
Old 09-30-2023, 08:35 AM   #34
Rookie

doorknobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shainscott14
What would your advice be to someone who hasn’t played mycareer in a while and looking to get started? Is the only way to get a good player by spending VC? Do you do the mycareer story challenges?
There's um... almost no story? I mean, there is a story, but 2K appears to have finally realized that nobody is buying their game for the hammy acting and courier runs and awkward pauses that feels sexually charged in an inappropriate kind of way (I can't believe there wasn't a hidden thing going between MP and the front desk girl - or front desk girls really - in '23), although parts of that still exist. I'd say it ends up more or less costing around 12000-13000 VC for one OVR, give or take. It's probably more fun to grind on the W where you can start at 85 OVR or in MyNBA where you can player lock for a similar enough experience.
Old 09-30-2023, 10:46 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorknobb
There's um... almost no story? I mean, there is a story, but 2K appears to have finally realized that nobody is buying their game for the hammy acting and courier runs and awkward pauses that feels sexually charged in an inappropriate kind of way (I can't believe there wasn't a hidden thing going between MP and the front desk girl - or front desk girls really - in '23), although parts of that still exist. I'd say it ends up more or less costing around 12000-13000 VC for one OVR, give or take. It's probably more fun to grind on the W where you can start at 85 OVR or in MyNBA where you can player lock for a similar enough experience.
I did the W at 85. The progression is very slower if you chose the 85 OVR starting point. Only thing for me is that I chose the position and playstyle opposite of my norm. So it's not as enjoyable. I made 10K VC so far from The W and 10K from the Trendsetter Myteam award
Part of me just wants to do the Player-lock and not deal with the MyCareer BS. But., I like the structure of MyCareer over Player-lock as far as practices and progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2023, 06:17 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

It's still frustrating that we have to start out at 60 OVR. I would love for that be 75 OVR instead. I made a dummy account so I can pre-set up my face scan and get idea of much VC I need. For 75 OVR, you'll need about 100K VC. At 75 OVR, I can max(or nearly max) 2 or 3 key attributes and start raising other key attributes. That way, I can start off somewhat playing the way I envision. I'm at 25K VC. My original plan was to start around the start of the NBA season, but I might push it until Start of Season 3. With the Trendsetter awards with Seasons 2 and Season 3, that's another 20K VC. I just wish they didn't stop the MYNBA2k app games they use to have. That was a good way to farm VC. I don't mind waiting. Plus with Spider-Man 2 coming out soon, that'll get my attention for a while.

There is a good little way to farm VC. With The W, I can just foul my way into the 4th quarter of games and only have to play the final quarter(5 min quarters). That's a good little way to make 500 VC in just 5 minutes. I just wish there was a quicker easier way to farm VC because I'm not trying to spend money on VC and not trying to start out at 60 OVR. Part of me believes that I should just do a Player Lock and avoid all this
Old 10-03-2023, 03:00 AM   #37
Rookie

Starting off at 60 OVR is just brutal. I'm trying not to spend any money on vc right now but I never noticed that some of the shooting animations are tied to your attribute ratings. Most all of them are locked right now smh. A side note I absolutely hate having to wait weeks in order to change my body type. I get the idea but damn 2k.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:00 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
Starting off at 60 OVR is just brutal. I'm trying not to spend any money on vc right now but I never noticed that some of the shooting animations are tied to your attribute ratings. Most all of them are locked right now smh. A side note I absolutely hate having to wait weeks in order to change my body type. I get the idea but damn 2k.
It does. I made that dummy build just set my face scan and how much VC I would need to build up. But, I played a quarter of basketball with that player and man they really want people to spend money lol. The dummy build isn't the type of player I want to play as. But, the build was a 7 ft center. The player was so slow getting up and down the court, too weak, easily boxed out. I don't mind the grind, but you can't even be impactful at 60. The back story of MyCareer is being the most hyped prospect since Bron and breaking records, and becoming the GOAT, but still starting at 60.

It should be at least 75 OVR. The W's progression is actually good. You start out at 75 or 85 OVR. At 75 OVR, the progression is a lot faster. But at 85, you start out better but progression is a lot slower. I'd rather start out at 75 OVR with near your max physicals
Old 10-03-2023, 07:51 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It does. I made that dummy build just set my face scan and how much VC I would need to build up. But, I played a quarter of basketball with that player and man they really want people to spend money lol. The dummy build isn't the type of player I want to play as. But, the build was a 7 ft center. The player was so slow getting up and down the court, too weak, easily boxed out. I don't mind the grind, but you can't even be impactful at 60. The back story of MyCareer is being the most hyped prospect since Bron and breaking records, and becoming the GOAT, but still starting at 60.

It should be at least 75 OVR. The W's progression is actually good. You start out at 75 or 85 OVR. At 75 OVR, the progression is a lot faster. But at 85, you start out better but progression is a lot slower. I'd rather start out at 75 OVR with near your max physicals
It also doesn't help that your key games are matched up against the Superstars in the NBA.
Old 10-03-2023, 10:37 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pray_iv_m3rcy
It also doesn't help that your key games are matched up against the Superstars in the NBA.
Then you're expected to either shut down the superstar and/or outscore them. All the while, expected to break legendary records while starting at 60 OVR.

Being that it seems you played MyCareer, how are the AI Teammates. In the past, AI Teammates were terrible and made the mode unplayable. I'm hoping that I don't have to carry the team because my build won't be a score first player

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »