Home

Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #961
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Official NBA 2k14 (next gen) myGM Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobebryant824
Thanks for the update man! Sorry to hear that you lost, how do you do it...do you play all the games or only some of them? I usually play the marquee games and against big rivals, all in all ends up being like 20-25 games I play. Then I play every game of the playoffs.

The FAs signing with random small market teams is annoying but at least LeBron signed with the Lakers (Go Lakers!!!!) haha

You playing on PS4? Also what upgrades have you done to your MyGM, do you plan on buying the franchise?
I played all the games. I generally can get in two games per day (three if I'm feeling sassy! ).

Yes, I'm on the PS4, playing without any patches.

My team stats on All-Star look pretty good, but after viewing my Playoff numbers I felt compelled to make some hopefully "final" slider tweaks for the upcoming year (mainly, I still gave up around 9 steals per game and neither team was getting quite enough offensive boards...about 9 a piece).

I also had to raise CPU blocks a few weeks ago but doing so pretty much eliminated my inside game so I decided to bring it back closer to Default. Just to note here, I hate sliders so my changes are pretty mild. It's crazy how very realistic this game plays out of the box. At least to me being a casual real life NBA fan.

I've upgraded quite a bit. I have the three star restaurant and the escalator thing I think. I'd say I've upgraded the business side around 50% of what's available.

I used a ton of VC for training camps, and also pretty much give in to all coach VC spending requests when reasonable.

At the moment I plan on just playing all the games. At least until The Show or some other time killing contender comes into play. PS4's a little light on games that interest me right now.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 03-06-2014 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 AM   #962
MVP

Oh. Forgot the 'buying the franchise thing.'

Ideally, yes. But it would take several years. I had 12,000 VC saved up and now have around 3,000 after allotting it to priority purchases during the offseason.

I wonder what it's like being owner though. Has anybody done it yet?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #963
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
So I haven't played a myGM yet, as I have been waiting for the rosters, and trying to learn how to actually play the game (did training camp last night--wow there's a lot of moves I was unaware of LOL).

I am assuming that you earn A LOT more VC in myGM mode vs myCareer? 10,000 VC points would take me forever to earn.

Any info is appreciated. I think I'm gonna roll with the Lakers and try to snag LBJ, and bring the Lakers back to relevance in the West!
No you don't earn A LOT more VC in MyGm than in MyCareer, you actually earn more in MyCareer...actually I should rephrase that. If you play on Superstar or HOF in MyCareer you can earn a decent amount of VC. On HOF, 10,000 VC might take 5-6 games I'd say. So it's definitely doable, the longer the quarter length you play on in MyGM, the more VC you earn per game.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #964
Banned

OVR: 20

For reference: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=810

Okay, so this has been an unmitigated disaster.

L, 86-77
L, 106-97
L, 121-93
L, 126-96
L, 106-87
L, 117-90
L, 116-74
L, 109-77
L, 100-85

Dat feel when a 15-point loss to Milwaukee is a moral victory.

6-13 overall

Infuriating at times, but I remain strong. We will right this ship.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #965
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
For reference: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=810

Okay, so this has been an unmitigated disaster.

L, 86-77
L, 106-97
L, 121-93
L, 126-96
L, 106-87
L, 117-90
L, 116-74
L, 109-77
L, 100-85

Dat feel when a 15-point loss to Milwaukee is a moral victory.

6-13 overall

Infuriating at times, but I remain strong. We will right this ship.
Now I don't feel so bad. LOL!

Are those injuries for real? My goodness! You have to be pretty much a Summer League team right now! Have you made any trades or acquired any talent to get you through at all?

You sir, are a trooper. This is what sim is all about; taking your punches like a man. I salute you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #966
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSharp
Hey guys, I'm starting to lose it here.. I have been playing with the hawks for a while now and this is by far the most fun i've had playing this game.
So 30 games into the season I decided to go for some coaching upgrades to get a better medical center (requires coaching and training lvl 10)
So after spending 10000 VC on upgrading my GM I went to look at my roster and.. WTF??? suddenly all my players ratings are up by 10 points?? How did this happen??

This is reeeally frustrating because the biggest reason I loved this hawks GM is because they had just a mediocre team. and with that we are now the 2nd best team overall.

Does this have anything to do with the coaching upgrade that said 'negative influences on player morale are reduced by 50%'?
And if so, is there any way to get the normal ratings back?
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to get there ratings back to normal. Not that I know if anyway...

The same thing happened to me in MyGm with the Celtics. I'm in the second season and didn't really sign any significant players in the off-season, yet since all my players got a boost my team overall is 87 (tied for the top team in the East). The good thing is that even with all of that, I'm still losing games, as I've started the season 2-4.

Most of the upgrades that I have yet to purchase seem somewhat cheesy, so I'm holding off on them. Call me old fashion but, I don't want my players playing well above their ratings, I want them to have to deal with injuries and low morale, etc. Also I don't want the ability to trick players or other GM's into taking less money or making bad deals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
So I haven't played a myGM yet, as I have been waiting for the rosters, and trying to learn how to actually play the game (did training camp last night--wow there's a lot of moves I was unaware of LOL).

I am assuming that you earn A LOT more VC in myGM mode vs myCareer? 10,000 VC points would take me forever to earn.

Any info is appreciated. I think I'm gonna roll with the Lakers and try to snag LBJ, and bring the Lakers back to relevance in the West!
As much as I don't like VC and think it is somewhat silly to have to do this... my advice is to download the 2k app and use it to gain VC. Between the Daily VC Bonus and the Pick and Win game I usually get anywhere from 1200 to 2000 VC a day. Plus if you play one game then you're getting another 900 or so.

Currently I'm just sitting on 50,000+ VC because, like I said earlier, I don't want some of the cheesy abilities. There's actually still some abilities that I could probably use, but I'm afraid that if I get them that it will give my player even more of a boost. And I don't want that.

I hope they're toned down or at least explained better in 2k15.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 03-06-2014, 12:20 PM   #967
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Unfortunately, I don't think there is any way to get there ratings back to normal. Not that I know if anyway...

The same thing happened to me in MyGm with the Celtics. I'm in the second season and didn't really sign any significant players in the off-season, yet since all my players got a boost my team overall is 87 (tied for the top team in the East). The good thing is that even with all of that, I'm still losing games, as I've started the season 2-4.

Most of the upgrades that I have yet to purchase seem somewhat cheesy, so I'm holding off on them. Call me old fashion but, I don't want my players playing well above their ratings, I want them to have to deal with injuries and low morale, etc. Also I don't want the ability to trick players or other GM's into taking less money or making bad deals.

As much as I don't like VC and think it is somewhat silly to have to do this... my advice is to download the 2k app and use it to gain VC. Between the Daily VC Bonus and the Pick and Win game I usually get anywhere from 1200 to 2000 VC a day. Plus if you play one game then you're getting another 900 or so.

Currently I'm just sitting on 50,000+ VC because, like I said earlier, I don't want some of the cheesy abilities. There's actually still some abilities that I could probably use, but I'm afraid that if I get them that it will give my player even more of a boost. And I don't want that.

I hope they're toned down or at least explained better in 2k15.
Great post!

Question: Does the CPU upgrade their own facilities/Trading skills/Morale boosts/etc?

I know without 30 team control it's probably impossible to tell, but I kind of assumed they did these things too (hence, spending VC didn't feel like cheating to me).

Anyone know if the CPU upgrades in a similar fashion as the VC holding user?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:26 PM   #968
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Has anyone purchased a franchise yet?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »