Home

Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

This is a discussion on Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2012, 05:25 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Stop Buying Virtual Currency, please

Facts are...the game is already $60...
Add on however much you may spend on Virtual Currency the entire time playing 2k...
Plus how much it costs to play online(depending on system)
It could possibly amount to over $100 spent...Not counting buying the game...
What you could be spending on other games... you'd be spending to play another game....
Think about it....

Is the video game itself worth as much as you're paying to play it....?

BTW...The "Virtual Currency" is just for $ to spend in the GAME...
On things that are already available & have been in the game for years...Not add ons to the game...
Paying for that on top of paying to play the game online depending on system....?
Again I say...Think about it....

I could understand buying VC to purchase new accessories/modes/players/tattoos etc that arent already in the game....
But that doesnt look like its the plan at all....
So like I ask....Is the video game itself worth as much as you will be paying to play it....? On or offline...

Sidenote. Its understood you dont HAVE to buy Virtual Currency to obtain it...
But...If there is an option to buy it...
The things Virtual Currency can buy shouldnt be limited to things already in the game...
If we could spend $20 and get 10,000 Virtual Currency to purchase NEW signature skills,animations(rituals,layups,dunks),tattoos,hi storic teams & players & etc that would make it worth buying.
And we could still have the choice of earning enough VC to buy add ons to the game
Or we could purchase VC and buy add ons to the game...
Every type of add on would be available whether you earn VC or buy it....
The key to this is having a lot more/custom add ons available if you purchase VC with real currency.

Problem solved...2k satisfies customers and their greedy pockets...lol....

Last edited by 24ct; 10-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigShot1
How lame and unrealistic is it that the #1 pick in the draft, with their ENTIRE year's worth of salary, can buy a PAIR of socks? For comparison, lets take a look at how much Anthony Davis is going to be making this year and if he were to decide to buy a $10 pair of socks.

$4,286,900/10=

428,690 pairs of socks....

I went to create a legend mode, and even in that mode, the top of the line superstars only make 1960sp/3years. That's what isn't realistic.

Everybody here can chose to ignore it and continue to buy VC, or you can show some pride as a gamer and stand up for your rights. You give someone an inch and they take a mile, this will only be the beginning....

What happened to paying $60 for a game and getting the full package? No micro transactions...and no DLC.
I don't know why you quoted me but alright. What you wrote is something I've been posting for the past few days so I agree. It truly bugs me, wish they went back. Too bad they won't, that's something that sucks. They finally get the gameplay right and they decided they had to screw something up, so lets alter the fun things in this mode.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16

I'm not spending a dime on VC.

One thing I like about it though is that I do enjoy working up towards something. If I want something I can just work up to buy it you know? It gives a purpose to everything I do in the game and I do enjoy that aspect of it.

I will not buy it though. Not when just playing the game I get it for free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

I see what the op is saying, next year they might decide to make you earn or buy vc to use the shoe creator, then the next year they might make editing legends accessible by VC only.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #53
Pro

OVR: 5

The previous page is filled with posters who, for the most part, are smart enough to realize what's going on here. We need to rise up together and make it known that we don't agree with this.

Paying for extras is one thing, paying for things that were previously free is another. If 2k has any honor as a company they should decrease the prices of all standard gear like arm bands and headbands to 25-50 VC a piece. Then after that the gear that boosts stats should start to get more expensive...100-500 VC. Additionally, VC earnings should go up too for MyCareer. An average 12 min quarters game should result in no less than 400 VC imo for a starter playing 36-40 mins.(which is still 50 games to get LeBron at this point btw) That's a lot of time to invest, and to earn less than 100 VC for it at the moment is laughable.

Milestone rewards also need to be increased. Breaking the Kareem's scoring total of slightly more than than 38000 career points earns you something like 1000 VC...it should be 20,000 minimum. The individual goals need to be scaled up too. And finally, player salary needs to go up....so I can finally buy a pair of damn socks without saving for an entire year.

This is a fair comprimise imo...we aren't asking for it to be removed, simply fixed.

Last edited by MrBigShot1; 10-06-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 12
Quote:
The previous page is filled with posters who, for the most part, are smart enough to realize what's going on here. We need to rise up together and make it known that we don't agree with this.

Paying for extras is one thing, paying for things that were previously free is another. If 2k has any honor as a company they should decrease the prices of all standard gear like arm bands and headbands to 25-50 VC a piece. Then after that the gear that boosts stats should start to get more expensive...100-500 VC. Additionally, VC earnings should go up too for MyCareer. An average 12 min quarters game should result in no less than 400 VC imo for a starter playing 36-40 mins. That's a lot of time to invest, and to earn less than 100 VC for it at the moment is laughable.

Milestone rewards also need to be increased. Breaking the Kareem's scoring total of slightly more than than 38000 career points earns you something like 1000 VC...it should be 20,000 minimum. The individual goals need to be scaled up too. And finally, player salary needs to go up....so I can finally buy a pair of damn socks without saving for an entire year.
Yeah you're right it's time consuming with little to nothing earned
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #55
Rookie

Blake1288's Arena

OVR: 4

I bought VC just for animations and accessories. I know it's the stupid thing to do, but earning 150-200 VC every game would have taken FOREVER.
NBA- San Antonio Spurs
NHL- Tampa Bay Lightning/Detroit Red Wings
NCAA- USF Bulls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Is this for real?

I really don't get the people who work at 2K, who the hell comes up with this kind of stuff. How can anyone agree with this idea, only 1000 VC when you break his score.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it. It is SO easy to improve this mode by implementing realistic stuff and change a few other things (real contracts, gameplay improvement, tattoo's/hairstyles,...). This stuff bugs me to death.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »