Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 01:55 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
It looks rough, but I don't see the need to kick it when it's down. I'm not sure why some get joy out of that.

I don't like the player movement and how stiff everything looks. We hear so much about realtime physics but that's not the case here. Players move so awkwardly and the ball seems to still fall flat with what appears to be a lack of proper physics in ball movement.
I agree...in terms of Real Tim Physics (RTP) I'm not really seeing that in action...I know its there but it would be nice to see something that really let you know that RTP is in the game...RTP is such a huge leap from what most sports games offer that it is definitely something EA should make sure rings through when we see the game.

I also didn't like how easily jumpers were getting knocked down...It gives me visions of Mo Williams in LIVE 10 hitting 3's all day
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 24

Ugh the movements reminds me of NBA Live 2001, everything looks stiff.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 33
Simply awful. Players off the ball are static. Like they only become a part of the game when the ball is within a couple of feet of them.

Even if this was the only NBA game available many people would be far from convinced of this being a must buy. With NBA 2K11 looking so impressive this game is going to flop. The only good that comes of an EA basketball game is that it makes sure 2K don't become complacent.

EA said that Elite is a 3 year project but I would not be surprised if EA drop this. Maybe they could invest a little more into Madden & get that game where it needs to be.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:09 PM   #44
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

User vs User vids are damn near useless - imagine if the other games' videos from Germany were user vs user, the user in every one of those vids was probably worse than the users in these Elite vids. The CPU and animations (always their strength) was the saving grace in those videos.

Animations have never been a strong suite of EA basketball so I'm not surprised at how the game animates. Really, I want to see how the CPU AI is and how a sim user looks playing the game since that's all I care about.

The worst part about these videos is obviously the insane jumping ability in certain situations. Outside of that I really can't jump to many conclusions other than people don't know the controls at all, all those weird runner things (and the Kobe travel lol) where layups should have been is an obvious sign of it.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-29-2010, 02:10 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3
there were a couple of nice dribble move sequences
that was defintly a positive
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 2

First off, i'm still gonna give the demo a try and will probably purchase the game as an alternative to 2k. With that out of the way, here are a couple things to consider:

1 - Footplanting is entirely non-existant. I saw several skating sequences and pump fakes led to bumps by the defender which led to the offensive player sliding back a step like last year

2 - The rocket dunks, horrible put backs and alley oops all made my eyes bleed

3 - Online play is gonna be a nightmare for the most part. How often did you get into a quick match with somebody who played sim or realistically last year? Maybe a handful of times the whole season for me. Fact is, most people wanna just run-n-gun like in these videos. Unless you play against the cpu or somebody who is willing to slow things down and use the proper contextual animations, almost all online games are gonna look like these vids.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #47
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
User vs User vids are damn near useless - imagine if the other games' videos from Germany were user vs user, the user in every one of those vids was probably worse than the users in these Elite vids. The CPU and animations (always their strength) was the saving grace in those videos.

Animations have never been a strong suite of EA basketball so I'm not surprised at how the game animates. Really, I want to see how the CPU AI is and how a sim user looks playing the game since that's all I care about.

The worst part about these videos is obviously the insane jumping ability in certain situations. Outside of that I really can't jump to many conclusions other than people don't know the controls at all, all those weird runner things. (and the Kobe travel lol) where layups should have been is an obvious sign of it.

Yeah, I really want to see this game played against the AI with a sim user. It will be interesting to see if it can be cleaned up.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:20 PM   #48
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb
i'm sorry but the game looks terrible
This........

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »