Home

NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

This is a discussion on NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 02:54 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 8
i really do not understand how ppl can judge something they haven't played yet and videos that were shown was not not made by EA and it was users that were playing the game for the first time, so they do not know how to play the game, being the fact its new controls. 2k on the other hand videos is simple because they posted there own videos well most of them and there controls and animations are not like Elite. An speaking of animations Elite took that out of their (animations) game so of course you not going to see what you would normally see in a basketball game. just wait for the demo like......like me and see how u like it. ......o yea i play 2k and Live.....so it really do not matter to me....lmao yall ppl is a trip
Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: NBA Elite 11 Videos and Impressions From the Boost Mobile Elite 24 Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
People will come on here just to hate on elite because it's the 'cool' thing to do but one things for certain is that elite 11 will be the best basketball sim game since live 07 and you can take that to the bank.
Best basketball sim? Good luck, brother .
Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
i really do not understand how ppl can judge something they haven't played yet and videos that were shown was not not made by EA and it was users that were playing the game for the first time, so they do not know how to play the game, being the fact its new controls. 2k on the other hand videos is simple because they posted there own videos well most of them and there controls and animations are not like Elite. An speaking of animations Elite took that out of their (animations) game so of course you not going to see what you would normally see in a basketball game. just wait for the demo like......like me and see how u like it. ......o yea i play 2k and Live.....so it really do not matter to me....lmao yall ppl is a trip
Until they have real guys in the game, the game is still animated. Elite took out two player animations for collisions.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:58 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TequILLa
I understand the developers intent of it being all up to the user, I don't know maybe they should of skipped this whole year and got every thing fine tuned. This game doesn't look nowhere near complete. The overlays of ESPN were ok. But other the that not too many good things to say, the game play way to arcady, they are sliding all over the place, the players are built funny, they run really funny, it lacks the signature likenesses of players, and I've noticed in this video and even videos that EA has released, sometimes when the player makes a basket and it's all net, the net animation will start before the ball touches it,...wow, just wow. Boozer dunking from BEHIND the freethrow line and not only that, it was TWO HANDED, that was the nail in the coffin for me(the nail happened before this), I'll still try the demo, but that's where I'll stop.
I was thinking the same thing. It seems that the devs are working 24/24 now to get the game finished but with what results? Maybe they should indeed skip a year and deliver a game that LOOKS decent, because whether you like it or not, the looks (not only graphics, but animations) are important. This game looks to be a big step back compared to Live 10, which had a decent foundation. Obviously management wants to see money, but by releasing this I honestly don't see how EA is going to lure in new costumers.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #61
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by turftickler
I will respectfully say that from the footage I saw in the videos, I am truly unimpressed. However, I am hoping that this game shapes up to be at least a good game this year. It definitely will not be as good as NBA 2k11, but I do hope that after playing the demo, I can get a good feel for it and pick NBA Elite 11 up at my local gamestop.

Thank you for uploading those vids. I think the demo will help us all in the next week or so.
I agree, I know it won't be as good as the other game but I hope I can get a good feel for the demo and enjoy the controls because I always enjoy picking up both games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdribbles25
this is really true. it doesn't feel nearly as chaotic as it looks. When I played against the cpu the pace was just fine. I still feel that without any sense of "turbo" that I can't really "go fast".

Jano is right tho, if the overall look of the animations deter you from playing it's not gonna work at all for you. Some of that will not obviously change.

Props to dre for posting all these vids. If I had not been able to go I would've been really eager to see them. I would probably be over reactin too! lol.
Thank you for being honest. I do have to admit that I am fluid animations type and that when I watch the NBA 2k11 videos, I geek out like a nerdy little girl. I don't have that same feeling when I watch the vids of NBA Elite 11 though, but I do feel that EA Sports is finally on the right track with their NBA series.

Let's all hope that the videos are just that and the demo and the final build are on point.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #63
You Dead Wrong

Jano's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkpimp007
Thanks for the info. Is it pretty fair to say these vids don't give us a true idea of what the game plays like? I mean I find it a bit hard to judge user vs user do to the fact you have to depend on two people knowing the game of basketball and knowing how to execute on the sticks. From the vids no one seems to understand how the game even works and yet they are commenting on how bad it is. The only part i hated to see really was the boozer dunk.

Oh and is there anyway to make player stays appear on the fly or is it scrolling still?
Yea I think its fair to say its not accurate representation of the game. Things like the dribble moves, RTP, and the on ball defense couldn't even be appreciated in the vids.

With a more in control player you guys will be able to see some of the bright spots. I honestly liked playing D in my short time with the game, it was good to see no canned animations.

I saw one instance where one user was all up in the offensive players grill and he was able to guide him from the basket. That animation has been in bball games for years but the fact that it was all user controlled was cool to see.

Really going to give players a lot of satisfaction when you lock a guy up with defenders like Artest. And you know it was all you no animations helping you out at all. Blocks will probably feel the same way too.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by myownsun
Yeah i think the game will show better when Ea releases some official videos being played by some of the devs.
yea it still looks great though

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »