Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Am I missing something?? Sounds like they just ripped 2k's career mode. Would've much rather see them make theirs stand apart in the press release with a new twist. But one game audition, draft, start as bum and work your way up... yep, par for the course. How about playing the NCAA tourney right before the combine workouts and meetings (similar tourney to high school FB in NCAA)? Maybe offering 2 or 3 different paths you can take from jump (start as bum, come in as the starter or come in as the next phenom)? You can't dethrone the champ throwing the same punches he does, AFTER he throws them at you smh.
one nba live was going to have this in 2011 before it got cancel..two the name and logos are different and the way they run that mode will be different from 2k as well..the only thing i can EA not having is the press conference after their games in this mode..if they do i will be shocked! But that style have been in any of their sports games..now i can see them doing an espn video clip with someone talking about the type of game you played..since they did this before in the past ncaa game
Old 08-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #34
Rookie

2011 Elite was going to have the jordan brand and logo but it looks like they going with rising star and uder humor for its showcase since they just made a deal with them..which i rather them do that since they not going to have jordan in the game lol
Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee Baydestrian
Not really. Just correcting some people who said that 2k had the "showcase" first.
exaxtly i was lost on this as well..i remember my roomate playing the combine before going to the draft on 2k10 it was add on mode you had to get if you wanted to give your player better chance to get drafted higher..if you didn't get that add on mode it would just been random..they didn't stick with it because it really didn't make a huge difference if you did the combine or not..but it was 2011 when i saw 2k and EA showing their showcase..being the fact EA showed it first in their demo..is saying something but they didn't come out with the full game so.....whateve..everybody just want two good games..EA is starting over and trying to start the right way..so they at the buttom and working their way back up..its a good thing they put this mode in their so this one thing they don't to worrry about as much once when comes to making 2015, they won't be that far behind 2k in certain areas of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #36
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoc85
Is that all you got, EA? Meh
This was just one piece of information, no need to start complaining.

Sent using Tap a Talk

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 08-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This sounds interesting. It will be interesting to see Live's Animations and Controls. For example, is there commands for cuts to the ball, back door cuts, jumping passing lanes, denying the ball ect. What about post moves? What about shot types, layup and dunk packages ect? Stepback Jumpers, Pull up Jumpers, Spin jumpers ect. Will it be limited.

From the bounce tek demo, it looks like they are concentrating on dribbling animations and controls. But there is more to basketball than just dribbling and shooting. Especially when we are talking about control just a single player. How much will you be able to pull off with your player and will there be control commands to pull off this stuff? Or will it just be random and limited animations?

Last edited by magicman32; 08-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #38

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

The draft combine is better than this 1 game showcase. But as far as Live 14 goes its great they are having this single player lock career mode. Im excited to see some footage. Hopefully we get gameplay footage sooner rather than later. Im really pulling for Live and really just wanna try something different from 2K this year. But Live has to show me something to warrant a $60 purchase and not get 2K. I'd like both to be honest.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 PM   #39
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

Nice addition, I mean I'm not overjoyed but I'm not disappointed either. Here's hoping they got the 5 on 5 right.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 0
How awesome would it be if it was the like the virtual pro on fifa and play people online with your friends vps. Similar to club matches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »