Home

EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

This is a discussion on EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #41
Pro

cmebfresh's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

I'm definitely getting this game.... Kinda getting real tired of 2k

MIAMI ALL THE WAY

MIAMI HEAT
MIAMI DOLPHINS
MIAMI MARLINS
AND THE U
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 12:01 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_sr
And 2k hasn't borrowed ideas from nba live? could careless about this and other modes, I just want dynasty and good presentation.
Of course they have, but when you've been as terrible as NBA Live/Elite recently you can't make announcements that are basically a rip off of the juggernaut because everyone knows yours wont measure up yet. Play up the nuances that makes your product worth buying over there's. EA/NBA Live is in no position to say "hey we have what 2k does, buy ours instead", when you haven't had anything on shelves since Lebron was in Cleveland.
Old 08-22-2013, 12:25 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0
EA may surprise us this year after all...
Old 08-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #44
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Am I missing something?? Sounds like they just ripped 2k's career mode. Would've much rather see them make theirs stand apart in the press release with a new twist. But one game audition, draft, start as bum and work your way up... yep, par for the course. How about playing the NCAA tourney right before the combine workouts and meetings (similar tourney to high school FB in NCAA)? Maybe offering 2 or 3 different paths you can take from jump (start as bum, come in as the starter or come in as the next phenom)? You can't dethrone the champ throwing the same punches he does, AFTER he throws them at you smh.
Lets not start about what 2k has stolen from live.. every year they take something from live even when live was out
Old 08-22-2013, 01:10 AM   #45
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: EA Sports Announces Rising Star, Career Mode For NBA Live 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloelite
Of course they have, but when you've been as terrible as NBA Live/Elite recently you can't make announcements that are basically a rip off of the juggernaut because everyone knows yours wont measure up yet. Play up the nuances that makes your product worth buying over there's. EA/NBA Live is in no position to say "hey we have what 2k does, buy ours instead", when you haven't had anything on shelves since Lebron was in Cleveland.
I think 2k has more EA than you think. Looking at the new 2k videos even more so fundamentally this year than just game modes and right stick. What I saw different was quicker transitions while moving, passing and shooting. However the animations look off and are a little twitchier in between. This is a good thing though because while it may not look better it controls better; something I think seperates Live and all EA sports games.

I'm excited for next gen because one of them will be able to combine the two. From what I've seen from live 14 I think they are on that path.

Last edited by Sirs; 08-22-2013 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #46
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceMoore215
Lets not start about what 2k has stolen from live.. every year they take something from live even when live was out
Oh Lord, can we all just shut up about who steals what? Every game borrows from each other. EA steals as much as it gets stolen from. So why even post it? It doesn't make one better or worse than the other.

I'm excited to check this mode out. I have not been happy with the direction of My Player. Frankly, I'm turned off by it's trend away from deep character development. One of my favorite genres is RPG and I was hoping I would get MORE of it. Instead, it seems I'm not the target audience. If Live heads more in THAT direction, if the gameplay holds up (not a given by a longshot ), I'm in!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-22-2013, 01:51 AM   #47
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14
Sounding great. Would love to have more details though, sounding way too similar to the other game's mode.
Old 08-22-2013, 02:06 AM   #48
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
Sounding great. Would love to have more details though, sounding way too similar to the other game's mode.
What else is it supposed to sound like? What is wrong with implementing a good idea as it is? Even if it sounds exactly the same, who cares? The mode is fun!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »