Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2011, 08:32 PM   #49
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

There's a total of 290 events in the game, and I'm not even counting the Rivals challenges. Unbelievable. Even after I beat the World Tour mode, I'm gonna have all those events waiting for me.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32
For those worried about the difficulty of the AI.. Don't... They really start to race you around level 32
Old 10-12-2011, 11:01 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 11

Finally got a chance to install this and play a bit. Generally speaking, I've usually preferred and played GT over Forza throughout the years, but that's changed for me now. IMHO, this has now become the GT killer.

Graphics are stunning, physics are the best yet on a console, maybe rivaled only by Race Pro. Fully modeled cockpit for EVERY car. Sound is incredible. Menus are arranged in a very logical, useful manner.

There are no "wasted" cars here. The selection is great. Turn 10 really thought this game through.

I could barely get into Forza 3. With Forza 4, though, hours pass by and barely even notice it.

Leaderboards are addictive.

Last edited by Flamehead; 10-12-2011 at 11:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 11:54 PM   #52
Rookie

Goblowsoup's Arena

OVR: 2

Pretty Solid. Still missing the full on sim feeling but one of the best arcade sims on the market. I call it an arcade sim, but a lot of you would call it a sim, but after running iRacing it's just not quite at the same level.

A lot of fun though and having the ALMS license was a huge bonus this time around (one I kept hoping they'd grab). Cars feel strong, the tire model is vastly improved from FM3, and weight transfer is somewhat more noticeable than in years past. It's still light on car weight and the g-forces you feel in the corners (although that's tough to sim on your body, it's been done through car physics in games like NFS Shift).

FM4 is really easy with a controller. I had an xbox wheel I just sold in order to get a new Fanatec, but so far I'm enjoying a controller just as much as a wheel. I've been able to run on Sim settings without aids and be competitive. It should be pretty easy for new racers to pick up and compete at lower levels as well.

I don't have a Kinect, so I can't comment on that, I have however tried the new MS Wireless Wheel. I will say that it is extremely responsive and easy to use. Although you look ridiculous, as long as you're having fun who cares. If any one is looking for an affordable wheel solution for driving games, check this option out. I know a few places are giving nice deals if you buy both FM4 and the Wirless Wheel.

Oh, and if you haven't tried it yet, give the Soccer mode a twirl. It's only online, but you can do private matches and such if you'd prefer. It's a lot of fun, and made me laugh pretty hard throughout the game.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:03 AM   #53
LSX
Rookie

LSX's Arena

OVR: 3

Like everyone else, I am very impressed with the game. AWD cars performed significantly better than RWD cars in Forza 3, but it feels like they have made the "muscle" cars drive a lot more realistic, and less like the "tanks without traction" that many of them felt like in Forza 3. I took a 2010 Camaro SS and did nothing but add sport shocks/springs and wider tires, and I thought the car drove really well.

The car selection is great, even with the absence of Porsche. I wish the game had more mid level performance cars from the 80's and 90's, but I'm not complaining. I was pumped to see that there was a GMC Syclone, and the DeLorean as well.

One of my first races, I was in 3rd watching the two cars ahead of me fight for the lead. The NSX in front of me tried to overtake the leader but he over drove the car, and lost control going into a turn. It was really cool to see him get out of shape, attempt to correct, then lose it and slide off track. DEFINITELY adds a sense of realism to the game, so it feels like you're not just racing robots.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:30 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

How do you split players into teams in soccer mode?

I tried to go 1 vs. 1 with a friend, but it put us on the same team (red).

I checked the options to see if there was some setting I could change, but I never found one.
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 1

Forza 4 is fantastic. All of the car models have been revamped, the new lighting system is phenomenal, and the cars drive beautifully. I haven't had one complaint with this game so far and I've spent well over 6 hours in actual races. This does not include menu navigation or time spent in Autovista Mode. And speaking of Autovista mode when you unlock all of the cars you'll be rewarded with a nice little suprise from one of Xbox's big name franchises. I really want to tell everyone what it is but it's not worth spoiling the suprise.

Every car is this game handles in its own unique way and you're actually rewarded for taking your turns properly and not trying to cut corners or ramming into people as a buffer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #56
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Patch/title update is out for Forza 4.....have no idea what it's for though.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »