Home

Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

This is a discussion on Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-12-2011, 01:48 AM   #33
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
I owned Forza 3 and enjoyed it a lot. I also have a Kinect. I'm not really into racing games because I'd rather play PES12 or BF3, but if it is amazing on the Kinect then it's a must have for me since I've been trying to get my money's worth with that thing.

Any Kinect impressions are appreciated. =)
Old 10-12-2011, 05:56 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
I owned Forza 3 and enjoyed it a lot. I also have a Kinect. I'm not really into racing games because I'd rather play PES12 or BF3, but if it is amazing on the Kinect then it's a must have for me since I've been trying to get my money's worth with that thing.

Any Kinect impressions are appreciated. =)
Evan, i would probably leave it if you aren't into racing games, i think Forza is quite dry - amazing - but dry for non car/racing fans, Theres so much out as well like you say. Heard some impressions that kinect made autovista a bit fiddly, anyone confirm? Also i dont like the idea of holding an invisible steering wheel which leads me on to...

Has anyone bought or used the wireless speed wheel? i don't have leg room for pedal set so thought this might be a good comprimise.
Old 10-12-2011, 08:46 AM   #35
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 Impressions From the OS Community

I love the game.

My only complaint is I wish they more of the late model muscle cars like the new 5.0 Mustang, the new Boss Mustang, the 6.4L Challenger & Charger, and the Camaro ZL1.

Since I'm nearly the last person on Earth that likes American cars I'm probably the only person that feels that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 09:08 AM   #36
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

You have all hit on the greatness of the game so I'm going to hit on what still bothers me about the game.

1.Some cars still drive as if they are on ice. I've driven a Chevy Camaro ss and it did not slide across the road at every turn. Yes I know speed is a factor, but even so I think the loss of grip is a bit over done, not as bad as Forza 3 but still bugs me. Also, I know with upgrades the handling can be improved, but the car should handle fairly well right off the showroom floor.

2. This is the 4th installment of Forza yet we still can not set up the type of race we want in free play. We can't select the number of opponents or the number of laps. I ask you, what is the point of a two lap race? That is all we can do in free play. Again, I know I can go online and set up a private race and set the laps and number of A.I. opponents, but this should be able to be done in the single player mode. You should not have to go online to do this.

3. No weather, enough said.

I played the game for several hours yesterday , I'm well into career mode, at driver level 15, I've got 321,00 CR and 29 cars in my garage and I've only bought one car, the rest were gift cars for leveling up and gifts for playing the crap out of Forza 3.

I really like is the way they let you select your gift car when you level up. This really lets you tailor your garage to suit the type of cars you like. Me, I'm a muscle car guy. I also like how the game gets more difficult as you progress. For the first 3 phases of career I was just blowing the A.I. away, now I'm having to really battle to get the win. Car choice makes a big difference in how you do in the race.

All in all Forza 4 is a very solid game, although quite often I feel like I'm playing Forza 3, same cars, same tracks for the most part. I had hoped to see a lot of new tracks. I can't go as far as saying Forza 4 is a GT5 killer, I'm not going to go into a game comparison because that is not what this thread is about. I'll just say both games are very good and each excel in their own way.

Ok I'm off, I've got the rest of the week off and I want to get to level 50, then I can go car shopping.

Hey someone should start a Forza 4 car photo thread....

Last edited by JMD; 10-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Are there pit stops in this game?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #38
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31

I was having a great time with F4 last night. I traded in F3 and GT5 for it and am happy as a clam.

I love the menu setup, and I was getting a kick out of autovista. Got to about level 4 in my career, mostly I was just doing autovista and taking some cars out for test drives, including my first real-life car, '64 Ford Fairlane 500! Can't believe that car was there (Muscle Car Pack).

Graphics are sensational, and the cars just look amazing. The IGN review was accurate in saying something to the effect of the cars 'fit' into the scenery of the game now, it all looks so damn good and realistic.

LOOOOOVE the engine sounds!!!!!!!! GT5's lifeless motors just killed it for me.

You can really tell this game was a labor of love for Turn 10. Still early on for me, but color me amazed and very happy with my purchase.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"
Old 10-12-2011, 10:45 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 6
What wheels are you guys using? I use the Logitech G27 for GT5 and want something similar (with better stick shift) for Forza 4.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:39 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonannogiovanni
Are there pit stops in this game?
Forza has pit stops but in past games i'm pretty sure the only time you would pit was during the endurance races. I haven't played Forza 4 a whole lot yet but I have not had to pit in a race yet. I alway wonder why they don't make it where you can set the number of laps for each race. It would be really cool if you could set the fuel and tire wear to like 4x like the F1 games, then do like a 8 lap race and pit once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »