Home

Official NASCAR 2014 Moves And Updates

This is a discussion on Official NASCAR 2014 Moves And Updates within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:58 PM   #9
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Official NASCAR 2014 Moves And Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy29
I'm a throw this out there but look for Ray Evernham to take over as Dale Jrs crew chief in 2015.

Sent from my iPhone 5 while taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.
I hate to say this but I don't think Jr. will ever win a championship. There are just too many "better" drivers out there. Having said that, he may and will most likely remain the most popular driver along side Danica, and J. Gordon. On the flip side, J. Johnson has dominated the sport the last 7 years but I bet the average person wouldn't identify him in public. (Outside of N.C., that is.)
Old 01-16-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
MVP

Ice_Cold345's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunN1st
I hate to say this but I don't think Jr. will ever win a championship. There are just too many "better" drivers out there. Having said that, he may and will most likely remain the most popular driver along side Danica, and J. Gordon. On the flip side, J. Johnson has dominated the sport the last 7 years but I bet the average person wouldn't identify him in public. (Outside of N.C., that is.)
You forget how recognized Jimmie Johnson is anymore. He's been the Athlete of the Year in 2011 and been at the top a few times more. He's not of the notability that Danica is, but you could arguably say Jimmie is as recognizable as Jr. to a regular fan.
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
NASCAR: Ryan Newman

One day, Purdue Men's Basketball and Football will become relevant again.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:34 PM   #11
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

NASCAR Planning Chase Overhaul

Quote:
The newspaper reported that the Chase field would increase from 12 to 16 drivers under the restructuring. If there were more than 16 winners during the "regular season," the 16 drivers with the most wins and highest point totals would qualify for the Chase. If there were less than 16 winners, the remaining spots would be comprised of the drivers with the most points.

The 10-race Chase playoffs then would feature a round of driver eliminations, according to the report. The proposal has the eliminations taking place after the third, sixth and ninth races of the Chase.

The four drivers with the lowest point totals after those respective races would be eliminated, leaving the Sprint Cup champion to be determined by a winner-take-all season finale between the final four remaining drivers at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Not a fan of these proposed changes. They're just making things needlessy complex.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2014, 11:47 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm fine with those... for now. If we find out they have more point resets or weird bonuses or something that goes along with the eliminations, not so much. Gives it more of a playoff feel on paper at least.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #13
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

I agree with you Burgh Brian France is changing things for the sake of changing them now. 2 years ago we had probably the greatest chase ever that ended in the first ever tie in the sports history. The past 5 years has seen some great finishes. If the proposed system was in play last season Dale Jr finishes 13th or so in points not 5th because he had a engine failure at Chicago for the first race. It takes all the hard work that the teams have put in for a whole season and tosses it out because of one bad race when it's possible to make the points up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan

Not a fan of these proposed changes. They're just making things needlessy complex.

Sent from my iPhone 5 while taking the Browns to the Super Bowl.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #14
The Legend Continues

Happy29's Arena

OVR: 31

Qualifying just got interesting.

At tracks measuring 1.25 miles in length or larger, qualifying for the Coors Light Pole Award will consist of three rounds:

• The first qualifying elimination round will be 25 minutes in duration and includes all cars/trucks. The 24 cars/trucks that post the fastest single lap from the first qualifying round will advance to the second round.

• The remaining cars/trucks will be sorted based on their times posted in the first round of qualifying in descending order.

• The second qualifying elimination round will be 10 minutes in duration and the 12 cars/trucks that post the fastest single lap time will advance to the third and final round. The fastest remaining cars/trucks earn positions 13th through 24th based on their times posted in qualifying in descending order.
• The third and final qualifying round will be five minutes in duration and the fastest single lap time will determine positions 1st through 12th in descending order.

• There will be a five-minute break between each qualifying round.

At tracks measuring less than 1.25 miles, qualifying for the Coors Light Pole Award will consist of two rounds:

• The first qualifying elimination round will be 30 minutes in duration and includes all cars/trucks. The 12 cars/trucks that post the fastest single lap time from the first qualifying round will advance to the second and final round.

• The remaining cars/trucks will be sorted based on their times posted in the first round of qualifying in descending order.

• There will be a 10-minute break between the two qualifying rounds.

• The second and final qualifying round will be 10 minutes in duration and the fastest single lap time posted will determine positions 1st through 12th in descending order.

The new qualifying format does not apply to the Daytona 500, which will preserve its historic and unique qualifying format. Additionally, it does not apply to non-points NASCAR Sprint Cup Series events or the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series event at Eldora Speedway.
Attached Images
File Type: png qual.png (487.3 KB, 94 views)
Old 01-22-2014, 04:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan

Well, I guess if they really want a playoff mentality, this is the way to do it. I don't like it, though.

The qualifying changes sound interesting, but it's hard to "solve" the fact that qualifying generally isn't that important in the long oval races that NASCAR has.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 08:11 PM   #16
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Going with the F1 style qualifying, I love it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »