Home
News Post

We have identified and fixed the bug causing the game to crash when editing rosters. This bug also causes teams to disappear and team ratings to change.

The patch is being tested tonight, and assuming all goes well it will be submitted tomorrow for certification. The expected release is in 5-10 days.

Until the patch, we recommend you cease editing rosters. Rosters that have been corrupted by the bug will not work after the patch. If you have a roster in progress and have not encountered any freezes or missing teams, it will work after the patch. There is a possibility a roster can be corrupt and not have surfaced any problems yet. This is why we recommend that you stop or back up your work among multiple save files.

We are also fixing the bug where the depth chart gets reordered after editing a player with this patch.

These are the ONLY fixes in this patch. We are planning on a 2nd patch with many fixes, but we had to get this one out the door.

We appreciate everyone's patience on this matter.

Special thanks to CDJ, 21SEC, and Fairdale Kings for helping us track this down.

Game: NCAA Football 09Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS2 / PS3 / PSP / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 95 - View All
NCAA Football 09 Videos
Member Comments
# 581 simgameonly @ 07/23/08 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thats "WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN" gameplay my friend.
Yep and it wont be patched(gameplay wise) unfortunately, because it would no longer be wide open and fun. Sorry lol had to!

# 582 Phobia @ 07/23/08 05:24 PM
A bigger concern is how OMT (adam) comments on certain things. But this whole defensive dumb-down issues he has pretty much kept his mouth shut on it.

It is getting asked about over and over and over and over and yet we hear nothing from OMT.

Why is this?

I think we have supported EA and OMT enough. We should demand answers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not our fault the game has broken sliders, broken d-line, broken QB play, broken D- speed, broken D play in general. THEY (EA) should feel obligated to answer these questions because now with this "open communication" deal they have going on.

I am sure many of us will pass up on NCAA 2010 since they wanna be so closed mouth now about the gameplay issues. It makes us feel cheated and "marketed".

# 583 fistofrage @ 07/23/08 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
A bigger concern is how OMT (adam) comments on certain things. But this whole defensive dumb-down issues he has pretty much kept his mouth shut on it.

It is getting asked about over and over and over and over and yet we hear nothing from OMT.

Why is this?

I think we have supported EA and OMT enough. We should demand answers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not our fault the game has broken sliders, broken d-line, broken QB play, broken D- speed, broken D play in general. THEY (EA) should feel obligated to answer these questions because now with this "open communication" deal they have going on.

I am sure many of us will pass up on NCAA 2010 since they wanna be so closed mouth now about the gameplay issues. It makes us feel cheated and "marketed".

Most companies, and especially investors are concerned with short term profits, they'll deal with 2010 when it comes. Probably a newer fluffier mascot feature to appeal to the kids and the next generation of EA sheep. So if you got marketed into buying 2009 like we all did, I am sure there is a nice bonus coming the marketing departments way because this game is selling.

# 584 callmetaternuts @ 07/23/08 05:31 PM
Good video AA> That spawns some questions. I thought in last years NCAA or Madden (or both) they had players with progressive fatigue in a play and in a game? Obviously not in. The speed cheats you mentioned (shouldnt an 88 SPD gain on an 85 SPD?).

Its just aggravating, this whole thing is. Fatigue should be redone (i.e. you start game iwth 100% and as the game wears on, maybe you can only cap it at 92% since they are progressively more tired and have that affect the game............whoops, this isnt a wishlist thread, keep that in mind though Adam!)

I am like many others, just waiting to play the crap out of this game. Please get us some fixes on the defensive side. Id love to hear what is being worked on in the patch and what was left out and how they are fixing it.

# 585 Beardown @ 07/23/08 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwjr
Out of curiosity, those of you concerned about the poor Defensive Line play in the game: how many sacks per game were you getting in previous incarnations of the game? How many do you think you should be getting?

I haven't played the game, so I'm not casting stones. I'm just trying to get a barometirc reading.
I am a product of Buddy Ryan and the 46 defense being from Chicago, so I blitz almost every play. I use to get 4 to 5 sacks a game playing with Illinois, not a super power house team. In 09 I blitz, play man to man coverage, bring up my defenders, play as a LB, FS, it just doesn't seem to matter. I get 1 or 2 sacks in a game, against the better teams I end up with 0 sometimes. It is just frustrating when you try everything you can to get sacks and it does not amount to much usually.

# 586 callmetaternuts @ 07/23/08 05:35 PM
The bigger question i have is this.....what is EA willing to do to restore faith in the gaming community. They have admitted that there are several bugs and glitches, and some are being fixed, but to have parts of the product not work (sliders, kick off coverage etc) is just batty to put it nicely. I would think at some point EA has to step up. Adam has been doing nicely, but just communication and transparency wont work, action at some point has to be taken. Yes, the roster and dynasty stuff is being worked on, but thats like taking a dump on my couch, cleaning it up and saying "Look what i did, i cleaned up", Turd shouldve never been there anyways.

Ian keeps saying to the 2k guys "What do i have to do to get you to give me(EA) a chance, or to win you back" (Its in a Madden thread). Well, at this rate, it seems that you wont be making that comment to just 2k guys, but to alot of others.

Dont get me wrong, ive been fairly level headed i think, tried to curb the anger and alleviate the ******** questions and fanboy/flame posts, but i want a game that is awesome like any others.

If we can help, point things out, answer questions, provide insight, do anything, we will......but let us know what that is, and lets get the big issues fixed, not shy away from them. If they CANT or WONT be fixed bc the decision was made, at least let us know.

# 587 DrUrsus @ 07/23/08 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Thats "WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN" gameplay my friend.
and defensive players that run like WIIIIIIIDE loads

# 588 DrUrsus @ 07/23/08 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

Why is this?

Oh my God, MUTINY!

# 589 DrUrsus @ 07/23/08 05:55 PM
All of you have the right to voice your displeasure/pleasure with the game. Seriously though, all of you that really really hate the game should sell it and not buy NCAA Football 2010. That is the only way you can really send a message. I know it stinks because they have no competition, but that's the hand we have been dealt. We should start voiceing our concerns to the NCAA and the NFL for doing exclusive video game licenses. I don't know if they would listen to us, the fans because of the money issue.

Personally, I like the game overall if some of the gameplay issues were addressed it would be a solid game for me. I will just keep it and hope that by the second patch the gameplay issues that really bother me will be addressed. If not, just like last years game (which I HATED due to the CPU INTs) it will be sold and I will move on.

# 590 PAPERNUT @ 07/23/08 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
The bigger question i have is this.....what is EA willing to do to restore faith in the gaming community. They have admitted that there are several bugs and glitches, and some are being fixed, but to have parts of the product not work (sliders, kick off coverage etc) is just batty to put it nicely. I would think at some point EA has to step up. Adam has been doing nicely, but just communication and transparency wont work, action at some point has to be taken. Yes, the roster and dynasty stuff is being worked on, but thats like taking a dump on my couch, cleaning it up and saying "Look what i did, i cleaned up", Turd shouldve never been there anyways.

Ian keeps saying to the 2k guys "What do i have to do to get you to give me(EA) a chance, or to win you back" (Its in a Madden thread). Well, at this rate, it seems that you wont be making that comment to just 2k guys, but to alot of others.

Dont get me wrong, ive been fairly level headed i think, tried to curb the anger and alleviate the ******** questions and fanboy/flame posts, but i want a game that is awesome like any others.

If we can help, point things out, answer questions, provide insight, do anything, we will......but let us know what that is, and lets get the big issues fixed, not shy away from them. If they CANT or WONT be fixed bc the decision was made, at least let us know.
Agree 100%

# 591 janglar @ 07/23/08 06:15 PM
Whose got the latest scoop on release of the roster patch? (followed by the jauntice-yellow clapping hands)

# 592 AuburnAlumni @ 07/23/08 06:24 PM

Boy, sure would be nice to see some more responses from the EA guys.

# 593 ThatsWhatSheSaid @ 07/23/08 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janglar
Whose got the latest scoop on release of the roster patch? (followed by the jauntice-yellow clapping hands)
Also would like to know the latest scoop

# 594 Bat @ 07/23/08 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
you wont.

My guess is the decision has already been made that the gameplay issues that this community has pointed out will not be patched, they'll do everything but that.

Then next year it will be "Ncaa 2010...Hardcore Defense is back"

If they fixed the sliders and NOTHING else I'd be happy and call it a day.

I have a feeling you are spot on.

# 595 SteelerSpartan @ 07/23/08 06:31 PM
Auburn and all the guys taking the time to educate people with whats wrong with the OL/DL...I you(Im too lazy to)

Having read and paid attention to most of what Ian has been saying since he got here....It just baffles me that they got it this much worse then even last year.(Still have a good feeling about Madden 09 though)

And whats depressing about this...is that for yet another year we have to worry about them fixing the core instead of expanding it to new realms of what was supposed to be "Next Gen"

Anywho sorry I got off topic and am glad they seem to be responding somewhat faster with these fixes. Hopefully this avalanche of bugs will shake some things up down there and from now on it'll only get better from here on out

# 596 ehh @ 07/23/08 06:38 PM
Last I heard was that it was submitted for approval and will be out in 5-10 days.

# 597 edaddy @ 07/23/08 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
you wont.

My guess is the decision has already been made that the gameplay issues that this community has pointed out will not be patched, they'll do everything but that.

Then next year it will be "Ncaa 2010...Hardcore Defense is back"

If they fixed the sliders and NOTHING else I'd be happy and call it a day.
Bingo!!!..Like I stated earlier the firestorm regarding NCAA will disappear when Madden comes out ...which will in turn take the heat off OMT at least in these threads..They had to do that first patch because it was a major bug that was destroyng the game..With madden coming out the priority for a patch goes way way down...Ea did a good job again this year with the hype, spin, and marketing and the reps on this board are part of that like it or not..The gameplay issue will not be adressed at least to the extent that we want it because it's a wide open gameplay year.. I predict that the kickoff and punt issues will get fixed because thats noticeable even to casual gamers..But the lack of pass rush, speed cheats, etc will not be addressed it goes against EA offensive philosophy(OMT knows that ) ...it's been alluded to already...I rsepect him for being on these boards but after all he is a rep for a game that is being sold to the public...He should be doing what he is doing...

# 598 Herky @ 07/23/08 07:06 PM
Exclusive deals mean you don't have to try to outdo anyone. They suck 110% and it shows.

# 599 callmetaternuts @ 07/23/08 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Last I heard was that it was submitted for approval and will be out in 5-10 days.
Thats the first patch (roster patch), we are discussing the 2nd patch.

I get that its a business decision, but id at least like to hear straight from EA, "we arent fixing issue X,Y,Z because we dont want to, this is how we want the game." That would be enough to trade the game in and not buy 2010, seriously. Ive never missed an NCAA or Madden since i can remember (at least 02, but thats bc i have that game box right here), but if they come out to say that, ill be long gone. I dont boycott things, or encourage others to, but that would speak volumes to me.

I understand they have to test the issues and see whats going on, and they dont want to tell us something and not be able to deliver, but we've heard on the roster patch, weve heard about the online dynasty, weve heard about sliders and kick returns, but not a PEEP about the defensive issues (speed, DL, blitzes, angles, yellow zones). I would just like something to say "We estimate it to be out on this day, and that could change, and it will address these issues currently, and we are looking at throwing these in there too". Is that possible? Probably not bc it does expose them to some risk (im being serious). But still, the lack of acknowledgement on the 10-12 posts i made today (long ones too) and AA made on defensive issues has me a little peeved.

Again, not an EA *****, i think my posts show that, just a consumer trying to get some answers.

# 600 servo75 @ 07/23/08 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Nice try!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip2101
What are they ?

HAHAHAHAHAHA ROTFL!!!!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.