IGN has posted the following Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 updates:

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BLB34 @ 03/13/09 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinger
Agree 100%. I also hope it is possible to turn off the exaggerated (comical??) player reactions. I want my players to react naturally. I hope there is a wide range of crowd reactions too, depending on the situation. Bigger crowds as the tournament progresses. Much more varied commentary. If the developers just watch MLB 09 The Show for a while and take notes, they won't go far wrong. I'm sure that most gamers want realism and little details, not gimmicks for the sake of gimmicks, like last year's coach feature. I didn't think I'd ever buy another TW game after last year, but the prospect of a well-presented, immersive offline tournament mode (maybe!) has got my interest.
Agree 100%. Get rid of the gimmicks and make it a realistic sim. MLB 09 The Show is the gold standard.

# 22 Ryman @ 03/13/09 11:02 AM
Agreed. My issue with 09 was the unrealistic club distances. I would love to see it maxed out at the PGA Tour averages. Seemed like people would outhit the course and there was little challenge to it.

# 23 orthostud23 @ 03/13/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman
Agreed. My issue with 09 was the unrealistic club distances. I would love to see it maxed out at the PGA Tour averages. Seemed like people would outhit the course and there was little challenge to it.
That would be GREAT!! Thatsone thing that would keep the game challenging especially online!

# 24 Klocker @ 03/13/09 12:25 PM
Quote:
at least in tour mode.

Don't forget, tiger is purchased by a million people that only buy it to shoot in the 50's and hit 400yd drives.

they'll be pissed if it changes to something they can't brag about.

Me. I want a sim.

# 25 lnin0 @ 03/13/09 08:25 PM
Tiger has been a disappointing game on about every level for the past decade. I don't see it coming together this year with an even shorter than normal dev cycle.

I hate the gimmicks and so far that is all I see out of these previews. Drama, presentation, weather....how about fixing the fundamentally broken game underneath first.

I think this series would benefit from the same type of split EA made to the NFS series. Let one Tiger go all arcade and the other go sim. Then you have two larger audiences to appeal to rather than awkwardly straddling the the middle ground because that is making nobody happy.

# 26 ocat @ 03/13/09 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Tiger has been a disappointing game on about every level for the past decade. I don't see it coming together this year with an even shorter than normal dev cycle.

I hate the gimmicks and so far that is all I see out of these previews. Drama, presentation, weather....how about fixing the fundamentally broken game underneath first.

I think this series would benefit from the same type of split EA made to the NFS series. Let one Tiger go all arcade and the other go sim. Then you have two larger audiences to appeal to rather than awkwardly straddling the the middle ground because that is making nobody happy.
I totally agree 200%! Fix the actual GOLF aspect of the game, then worry about the fluff

# 27 DivotMaker @ 03/14/09 10:56 AM
Quote:
From what I saw and played, club distances have been fixed to realistic distances.

# 28 DivotMaker @ 03/14/09 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Wasn't the rubberband AI fixed last year?
I don't know about "fixed" per se, but TW09 was definitely improved over the ridiculous AI in TW08. I know because I played a pretty good amount of PGA TOUR season mode and it was much better than 08....

# 29 Ryman @ 03/15/09 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
From what I saw and played, club distances have been fixed to realistic distances.
That would be music to my ears.

# 30 DivotMaker @ 03/15/09 09:23 AM
Quote:
That would be music to my ears.
It was music to everyone's eyes and ears who attended TW Community Day. It was one of the first questions we asked....

# 31 ty5oke @ 03/15/09 04:43 PM
I find it a little funny that they talk about real-time updates from golfers during a tournament round like its a great addition. They had this in PGA Tour II for the Sega Genesis, this should of been in every Tiger game.

# 32 ComfortablyLomb @ 03/15/09 06:34 PM
So can the ball camera be shut off entirely?

# 33 DivotMaker @ 03/16/09 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
So can the ball camera be shut off entirely?
Set the camera to Presentation Cam in 09. Not sure if this completely shuts off Ball Cam, but I seem to recall that Ball Cam is diminished greatly. Did not have enough time with TW10 to see if BC was completely eliminated while using Presentation Cam, but I do remember that the PC had much improved camera angles over what 09 did

# 34 DivotMaker @ 03/16/09 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Is the Wii version gonna have all the gameplay depth and options of the PS3\360 games? I more concerned with Tour mode.
Did not have enough time with any version to make that determination, sorry. I know they are striving to offer more with each version than last year.

# 35 orthostud23 @ 03/17/09 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
I am very impressed from what I have seen so far. The PUTTING system is what will change this game

DIVOT: I am not sure if you can comment but I have a few questions?

1) If they are adding a USGA rulebook is that going to mean realistic drops??

2) Have they added OB MARKERS??

3) Have they done anything to improve the way the ball physics on certain lies. It seems that the ball flies and lands the same if you have a downhill or uphill lie? Same goes for sidehill lies.

4) AI rubberbanding. Is it still there? IF thats still there that COMPLETELY ruins the career mode.

5) Are you already pre-qualified to play in all the tourenys?? My thought is if this is my first year on the Tour I shouldnt be able to Jump into ALL the tourneys if I havent met the qualifications.

I have bought Tiger every year hoping for improvements but they have all been VERY VERY subtle improvements. Maybe this year we get a good game??
Divotmaker: I'm not sure if you saw these from pg2 but I was wondering if you can comment on any of these. Thanks!!

# 36 DivotMaker @ 03/17/09 01:15 PM
Quote:
Divotmaker: I'm not sure if you saw these from pg2 but I was wondering if you can comment on any of these. Thanks!!
In the time I was able to spend with the game, I cannot answer most of your questions, which is why I have not responded. Sorry.

I do know the AI issue was improved for 09, but am not sure any additional work was done on it and forgot to ask when I saw what they have in store for online play....if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all...and that is what I played most in 08 & 09....

Stay tuned as more details emerge....

# 37 OnlookerDelay @ 03/17/09 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
when I saw what they have in store for online play....if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all...
I'm trying not to read "72 hole online tournaments" into this statement, but I hope I'm wrong

# 38 orthostud23 @ 03/17/09 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm trying not to read "72 hole online tournaments" into this statement, but I hope I'm wrong
I still miss the old Links tourneys they had on XSN.

# 39 DivotMaker @ 03/17/09 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Can't comment on anything yet. However, Online play and tournaments received what appears to be a complete re-write from the ground up from what they showed us. Can't wait to share more on this.....

# 40 OnlookerDelay @ 03/18/09 11:41 AM
Quote:
I still miss the old Links tourneys they had on XSN.
Those were great, weren't they? Maybe now that Tiger Woods 2010's online play is going to be more "server side" oriented, something more like XSN will be possible?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.