Home
Madden 2010 News Post

The latest Madden NFL 10 blog is online. Letting the "Wildcat" Loose.

Quote:
"Throughout the season we have witnessed many different teams use variations of the Wildcat, but no one used it more effectively and extensively as the Miami Dolphins. In the Dolphins version of this offense, they placed running back Ronnie Brown at the “Quarterback” position. They then lined up running back Ricky Williams at slot receiver, and often times brought him in motion to either receive or fake a handoff from Brown. The Dolphins also use an unbalanced line by moving the left tackle over to the right side of the formation and lining him up next to the right tackle. The Tight End moves down to replace the left tackle and is still an eligible receiver because he is on the end of the line and uncovered (You’ll see a good video example of this below) by another receiver."

Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii / Xbox 360Votes for game: 76 - View All
Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 l NErd l @ 04/27/09 08:37 PM
Mad props for adding Pat White in.
Nice vids.......

# 42 wordtobigbird @ 04/27/09 08:37 PM
if its not double team blocking, its close and both guys are trying to engage the DT. instead of just standing there looking stupid.

# 43 wordtobigbird @ 04/27/09 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Ian said something the blocking would be a little off in another thread. It will likely be fixed.
yeah but still madden has always been like that, like the guy said.

thats one thing that should just be programmed in.

BLOCK THE GUY IN FRONT OF YOU, unless the situation really calls for you to turn back.

# 44 KyGamerLT @ 04/27/09 08:39 PM
On the counter play the TE missed his assignment, he should have blocked revis but instead he turns around to block a guy who is out of the play and already being blocked.

# 45 NYyankz225 @ 04/27/09 08:40 PM
Double teaming could be the highlight of this post if Ian could just confirm that what we saw was double teaming.

I need to know big man Raji will demand a double team!

# 46 Hotlanta @ 04/27/09 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
2 things

I love the lack of high knee's here, thats what I saw on community day.

I hate the diving animation into the end zone though, players just don't get that high in a one on one situation when going for the pylon.
To also comment on the dive, is it not awkward that he can stare his direction while in the air?

# 47 adembroski @ 04/27/09 08:41 PM
Ian said the blocking was still a work in progress. When I played the lead blockers were awesome inside, but tended to get lost on sweeps/off tackles, so I assume that's not taken care of yet. It's a lot better than it has been... and this is only one play.

# 48 primetime24 @ 04/27/09 08:42 PM
IS IT ME OR DOES THE RUNNING ANIMATION AND THROWING ANIMATION LOOK ALOT BETTER THAN THE TRAILER?

AND BTW I THINK PAT WHITE SHOULD BE DARKER.

# 49 xtoddx @ 04/27/09 08:42 PM
A few things:

1. Possibly consider not using Larry Richart for anymore QB animations if that's what has been in the game for the last few years

2. The videos were legit. I could honestly care less about the Wildcat, but I guess it's cool nonetheless. Nothing real earth shattering in these vids.

3. My request is that we get more videos similar to Larry Fitzgerald/Jimmy Fallon interview. That video, out of everything release so far, has gotten me the most stoked

EDIT: Also, Dolphins helmet still looks completely off...

# 50 N51_rob @ 04/27/09 08:43 PM
I like the fact that you guys have Pat White wearing gloves on both hands.

# 51 blklightning @ 04/27/09 08:43 PM
in the last vid where the te catches the pass, when he turns up field it just doesn't look right to me. his body is too rigid, i think.

# 52 green94 @ 04/27/09 08:44 PM
Vids looked good, no dynamic pylons however

# 53 K_GUN @ 04/27/09 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
The knock on custom plays online is that the will be abused.

THIS WILL BE ABUSED. Massively. I promise you that the defensive adjustments available will be insufficient to stop the wildcat. Mark my words.

much like the fade route in the 2k series

# 54 MikeMcMahon @ 04/27/09 08:45 PM
These videos are not particularly useful. You can hardly see anything. Why not zoom out so that we can actually see the whole play and compare it to the real NFL videos? The handoff itself isn't that important. Far more important are the blocking for the play and the defensive reaction.

I'm highly appreciative of the community involvement that the Madden team is showing and I like a lot of the changes that they have been showcasing. However, this seems like a wasted opportunity.

# 55 adembroski @ 04/27/09 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime24
IS IT ME OR DOES THE RUNNING ANIMATION AND THROWING ANIMATION LOOK ALOT BETTER THAN THE TRAILER?

AND BTW I THINK PAT WHITE SHOULD BE DARKER.
Indoor voice, please

# 56 l NErd l @ 04/27/09 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
The knock on custom plays online is that the will be abused.

THIS WILL BE ABUSED. Massively. I promise you that the defensive adjustments available will be insufficient to stop the wildcat. Mark my words.

I hate to agree with this guy but he is right.
This will be abused. However, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best........

# 57 K_GUN @ 04/27/09 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGamerLT
On the counter play the TE missed his assignment, he should have blocked revis but instead he turns around to block a guy who is out of the play and already being blocked.

so you think OL/TE guys never miss blocks in a game?

# 58 SouthernBrick @ 04/27/09 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
If that was indeed double team blocking, then that's the best part of the blog for me. The wildcat is definitely not part of my Colts plans. I can wreak havoc with Freeney and Mathis due to Fili Moala taking double teams.
Yes I pray for double teams. Double teams are needed badly in madden. I think they will be there this year. I don't see why not with 9 man gang tackles why wouldn't there be double teams on the line of scrimmage.

There's gotta be double teams this year.

# 59 Mr T Xtreme @ 04/27/09 08:49 PM
This looks awesome, but I have a couple questions. First, will you be able to insert receivers as the wildcat qb, like desean jackson did for the eagles? Also, will you be able to audible out of the wildcat formation and keep the HB at QB? I hope not, because then we'll see audibles from wildcat to qb sneak to utilize the HB at QB.

# 60 NYyankz225 @ 04/27/09 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcMahon
These videos are not particularly useful. You can hardly see anything. Why not zoom out so that we can actually see the whole play and compare it to the real NFL videos? The handoff itself isn't that important. Far more important are the blocking for the play and the defensive reaction.

I'm highly appreciative of the community involvement that the Madden team is showing and I like a lot of the changes that they have been showcasing. However, this seems like a wasted opportunity.
Andddddd Ian's response before anyone even posted:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Sorry to distract you all from this conversation (which I am still laughing at) - the videos are compressing/uploading now.

Just a quick word of caution - the gameplay footage isn't much special. Our blocking is basically hosed right now (sweet day to do a blog on running)...so I had to shoot around a lot of stuff (meaning tighter shots instead of full gameplay camera). That will come in due time...but I am begging you not to give me any grief on this stuff...I have been so frustrated trying to capture stuff for this blog (spending way more time than should be needed) - so if someone just bitches about there not being enough stuff or some jerk posts a poll about "how disappointing was this blog" I will strike down on that person with a vengeance!

Or at least add him to my ignore list.

It will be up soon.
My own bolding

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.