Home
News Post

Have the Fight Night Round 4 demo? If so, post your impressions here.

Fight Night Round 4 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Fight Night Round 4Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 38 - View All
Fight Night Round 4 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 phillyfan23 @ 05/14/09 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Mixed reviews for me but more bad than good. The fighting mechanics and graphics are top notch but I do not like the camera angles (it's dizzying for me) at all and the ring seems too small.

The speed is too fast, I hope we can slow it down. I won every fight by unanimous decision but I couldn't get knockdown or knockout,. Whenever I stunned him badly he would either clinch or run away but seemed to recover too quickly.

My biggest gripe however is that you cannot stick and move. It's almost like the opponent is magnetized too you. This leads to slugging it out much too often. The videos online made it seem like the guys didn't know how to fight but it's very difficult to stick and move. When I was Manny I had alot of trouble getting away from Hatton because he was aggressive. This could be a big problem online. All I see is slugfests. It also led to me throwing around 350-400 punches per fight and connecting on over 60% almost every time. With that and the speed there really is no strategy involved.

It seems like the game is catered to guys who want to fight like Tyson and not Ali. There's no balance. If you don't fight like Tyson you're at a disadvantage. The game only felt comfortable if you are flat footed, bobbing about and tryint to counter. And like I said the camera angle is no help in trying to fight from the outside.

I'm actually pretty dissapointed. The only thing that will save it for me now is slowing it down and changing the camera angle. Unfortunately online you may not have those options.
ya i agree with the camera....it is very dizzying, but i'm sure offline will be fine. If we can't adjust it online it will be a problem.

Thing with stick and move...I can do it no problem, but in the demo you don't really need to as the cpu poses little threat to do damage to you. Also, with a static camera, we can do this better I think. Right now you lose your direction way too often due to the movving of the camera.

We will only stick and move if we FEAR the cpu, and hopefully the higher Diff. levels will provide that experience.

# 42 phillyfan23 @ 05/14/09 01:45 AM
Quote:
I can stick and move but it doesn't feel fluid at all and that is how I like to fight. It wasn't that I feared the AI but I just wasn't comfortable fighting that way. It felt unnatural and navigating around the ring was tough and you got caught in the corner way too often. I know to be successful online I'm gonna have to fight like Tyson which I don't find as fun. Not to mention with the higher skill level in the game it may be much tougher to dance around the ring if they're much more aggressive.

I don't know who said that the punching %'s were in the 40's and more realistic because I was always in the 60's and threw a ton of punches, hopefully that's the fault of the skill level in the demo and the speed being too fast. I just hope that was the easy skill level because I never lost one round but then again I never really came close to knocking him down so there could be a problem there but we do have sliders so I hope that helps.
i think with a different cam we will have much easier time fighting like ali....that's how i fight online as well, it is more fun than mindlessly brawling.

# 43 phillyfan23 @ 05/14/09 02:03 AM
Quote:
Do we know for a fact that there are different camera angles because I don't think I've read that and I'm starting to get worried because that would be a game killer for me because the demo angle is god awful and I'm thinking wouldn't EA put the best camera angle they have in the demo. I don't know why they wouldn't use the same angle as the UFC game.
I don't think they would make such a grave oversight for the final release.....but in case they do....no way I'm purchasing this game.

edit: that's the luxury of having a definite gem in another game for me....I'm not worried much...if this game flops, i got a backup plan. If this was the only fighting sports game coming, I'd be worried as hell right now because, frankly, the demo is more of a question mark rather than being a confirmation of good things to come in the gameplay dept.

# 44 Po Pimp @ 05/14/09 02:16 AM
Its weird how this Pacquiao/Hatton demo looks like crap, but the Ali/Tyson, and even the gameplay footage of Foreman, looks pretty damn good.

Its like all the punches look the same, but if u look at the Ali/Tyson gameplay footage, the punches seemed to aim at the target depending on where the target was located.

I'm not too worried about the game.

# 45 Motown @ 05/14/09 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Its weird how this Pacquiao/Hatton demo looks like crap, but the Ali/Tyson, and even the gameplay footage of Foreman, looks pretty damn good.

Its like all the punches look the same, but if u look at the Ali/Tyson gameplay footage, the punches seemed to aim at the target depending on where the target was located.

I'm not too worried about the game.
It's obvious that P/H Dem is an Alpha fo sho...i ain't worried either

# 46 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 04:14 AM
is there a two player option?

# 47 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 04:17 AM
Quote:
I don't know who said that the punching %'s were in the 40's and more realistic because I was always in the 60's and threw a ton of punches, hopefully that's the fault of the skill level in the demo and the speed being too fast.
In a few two player games I noticed the punch completion % was high.
Is there a two player option?

# 48 TequILLa @ 05/14/09 06:15 AM
TPC is better the round 3 I'll give them that, but too many time I'm trying to throw uppercut and end up throw hooks, I shouldn't have to play this for a week to get the controls down, I really wish buttons were still in, IN MY OPINION

# 49 phillyfan23 @ 05/14/09 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesRunIt
I just had a fight where i decided to go the defensive route...

I was Manny and i landed 75/96 for 78%...i was 12/14 with counters, 3/4 haymakers

I stunned him maybe 4 times with timely counters but never dropped him.

Hatton was 143/249 for 57 percent...2/13 haymakers.

I LOST IN A UNANIMOUS DECISION ......WTF

hey stones....that's actually a fair ruling. he LANDED twice as many punches as you did and he was also much more active. Judges don't judge on accuracy, they judge on quantity landed and overall activity.

if say you went 68/100 and the cpu went 60/120 then probably you will win a close one.

# 50 phillyfan23 @ 05/14/09 07:48 AM
I have another worry in this demo.....

gameplay related.

the difference of power between a regular hook and a haymaker hook is a bit too large, so it will be damn near impossible to flash KO or Flash KD unless it's with a haymaker. The balance IMO is off, so it might feel scripted when you're fighting.

It should have been like MLB the SHOW, where a contact swing ( regular hook) will give you a good fair amount of HRs , and the power swing ( haymaker) will give you more of a chance of a HR if you connect perfectly.

In the demo what i noticed is the regular hooks will net you 90 percent singles and sometimes doubles while the haymaker will give you the HRs and grand slams.

the balance is OFF, hopefully this cvan be fixed via sliders.

Another issue related to this is with Pacquiao. We know his most devastating punch is , has been and will always be his straight left. But again, there's no haymaker for a straight, so his straight left will never be as strong as his haymaker hooks/uppercuts and will not create enough KOs or KDs with that punch.

any idea about this COMM. DAY. guys ?

thanks

# 51 DaveDQ @ 05/14/09 08:42 AM
I tried my 360 c0de this morning and got a different message. "This code can not be used for this offer."

# 52 JohnnyRu31 @ 05/14/09 09:04 AM
He outlanded you by more than a 2-1 margin. I have no problem with it being a unanimous decision.

# 53 UncleO @ 05/14/09 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I tried my 360 c0de this morning and got a different message. "This code can not be used for this offer."
i got that same message myself

# 54 WILDBANKS @ 05/14/09 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleO
i got that same message myself
Same thing on the 360 code this morning. Frustrating as hell.

# 55 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Same here, minutes ago. (8:45 AM CST)

# 56 Kashanova @ 05/14/09 10:00 AM
My store didn't have the codes yet those mofo's!!

# 57 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/14/09 10:06 AM
WTF is up with the 360 codes? I just tried mine and doesn't work. I tried to go online and redeem my code that way and it says page unavailable.

From the ps3 version coming out last night to this.

# 58 SteelerSpartan @ 05/14/09 10:29 AM
yeah seriously MS get that up....you and your stupid certification process

# 59 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/14/09 10:59 AM
Quote:
The more I play the more flawed this demo is. I don't know what the developers were thinking when they tested this but my boxer feel s like he's walking in mud. It's like EA was saying "look at how cool the counterpunching and collision detection and glancing blows are. As long as you want to go toe to toe you're gonna have fun but if you want to box any other way you're not gonna enjoy yourself."

After a few hours I'm already bored of the demo because there's just no depth to the fighting. What a letdown.
By the way. This demo is probably a couple month old. I do believe it was in the Alpha stage. Regardless, it's still not done so don't compare the final build of FN3 to this demo. It's not fair to judge a unfinished product to a final one.

# 60 JayBee74 @ 05/14/09 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
WTF is up with the 360 codes? I just tried mine and doesn't work. I tried to go online and redeem my code that way and it says page unavailable.

From the ps3 version coming out last night to this.
Same here (10:10 AM CST)
"This code can not be used for this offer."

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.