Home
NBA Live 10 News Post

SEPTEMBER 11, 2009 - Electronic Arts announced today that a playable demo of NBA LIVE 10 is now available for download on Xbox LIVE™ Marketplace for all Xbox LIVE Gold Subscribers. Play as the Orlando Magic or the Los Angeles Lakers and re-write, or relive, last year’s NBA Finals match-up. The demo will be available to Xbox LIVE Silver members and on the PLAYSTATION® Network™ on September 17th, 2009.

With a renewed focus on creating an authentic 5 on 5 basketball videogame experience, NBA LIVE 10 introduces a myriad of gameplay improvements to the long running franchise. Computer controlled players will now move and react like their real life counterparts with enhanced player A.I. (artificial intelligence), and authentic, team-specific playbooks. In addition, all new dribbling, passing and shooting systems now give users more control over individual players than ever before seen in the franchise. Gamers can now control every movement as they break down a defender on the perimeter, drive to the basket, and finish at the basket using their left or right hand. From dishing no look passes to releasing a step back shot early or late to avoid a block from a defender, NBA LIVE 10 lets you to create highlight reel plays on your terms.

NBA LIVE 10 also features significant improvements in the franchises overall presentation. Arena specific lighting and crowd behaviors, signature pre-game rituals and celebrations, evolving storylines, and an all new broadcast package are just some of the many enhancements that will ensure that NBA LIVE 10 looks and sounds like a real life NBA game.

Powered by Dynamic DNA, NBA LIVE 10 will use the latest stats, rosters and tendencies for all the players and teams in the NBA*. With data supplied by Synergy Sports Technology – the premier analytics provider for over 25 NBA teams, Dynamic DNA allows NBA LIVE 10 to provide the most authentic basketball simulation experience in a videogame to date.

For more information, please visit http://nba-live.easports.com/home.action.

NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 10 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 10Reader Score: 7.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PSP / Xbox 360Votes for game: 48 - View All
NBA Live 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Da_Czar @ 09/11/09 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
CONTROLLABILITY>

I can actually replicate the same difficult chained move time and time again.

LOVELY

move was a baseline spin back to the basket for a dunk with Lebron.

responsive and smooth as hell.

practice mode will take atleast 8 hours of my time today
it will be well worth your time too ruben the game gets better once you are comfortable with the controls..

also guys a tip especially on defense don't be so heavy handed on the left stick it will make it more difficult to change direction. for more precise defensive movement be very easy on the left stick. and also play position and don't think like in the past where you have to literally move at the speed of the offense. In real hoops defense is a step behind. as such move back and at angles to cut off the drives..

enjoy

# 42 DaoudS @ 09/11/09 06:52 AM
This is the year I convert to Live. These guys have really put in the work at it shows! I don't see PF/C doing stupid crossover moves that i saw in the draft combine. Haven't seen sliding. Locomotion is INSANE.

Good job, Live team! I guess it must be the Canadian prowess

# 43 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/09 06:53 AM
Just downloaded it. Now I'm in the Hangar messing around with Wade.

First and most obvious impression is that the youtube videos et al do NOT do the graphics any justice whatsoever!

This is crystal clear in HD. Beautiful visuals.

Controls are sick! The moves you can do feel soooo Smooth. Czar wasn't lying man.

They give you things to work on in the Hangar (lower left corner).

It mentions Adidas Live Run. Oneline- you pick your favorite players and join a group of friends best to 21 wins.

I'm going to mess around some more in the Hangar and then fire up a game before I head off to work.

Great Job EA!!!

# 44 Furq @ 09/11/09 06:54 AM
Could anyone compare it at all to 2k? Not the draft combine since we were playing as and against scrubs which may be why it felt a bit sluggish at times.

Previous Live games felt "strange" to me. The animations never looked smooth at all, and especially on dunks it felt like people jumped and came down way too fast. Thoughts? I hate having to wait until next week (ps3 user)

# 45 Scoop 24 @ 09/11/09 06:55 AM
The atmosphere is amazing .

Love all the control you over your player.
Post moves are nice.. i was gong to work with gasol.
Court Spacing is great as usual (great thing if you run plays)
Love the fact that players are trying to get open constanly via it Coming of screens,making cuts to the basket, even falling behind the 3 point line when i drive it in.

i like being able to size up my defender while be switching to any move on the dribble with out a hiccup.

Game is very smooth.

# 46 donkey33 @ 09/11/09 06:55 AM
Just wow at the moment. Love the movement.

Had LeBron in the hangar, went baseline and stepped back to pop the J. LeBron ended up slighty behind the backboard and normally this shot would just be flat and hit the backboard but the arc on this was beautiful and it floated over and in.

Looked amazing.

# 47 marcoyk @ 09/11/09 06:55 AM
I can't find it. I'm an Xbox Live Gold member and it isn't in the new arrivals and I couldn't find it when I searched for it...

# 48 Furq @ 09/11/09 06:56 AM
As far as graphics... I know Live had had nice graphics, but my issue has been that similar to Fifa the visual style itself was cartoonish looking. It's one reason I felt that 2k looked closer to a TV broadcast because their players had more definition to them. Could anyone comment on that too?

# 49 Furq @ 09/11/09 06:57 AM
Also hoping someone could compare using the left stick for different layups compared to the shot stick.. lol

# 50 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/09 06:57 AM
Let me tell you something-

The time you release your stationary jumpshot is SO important. I've basically had 5 foot gimmes that just rim out.

The Old Live is GONE. Enter the Mike Wang Era.

# 51 Pappy Knuckles @ 09/11/09 06:57 AM
So far, so good.

- Amazing presentation and graphics

- Ball/Rim/Net interaction is very on point.

- Loving how guys go up for rebounds and dunks with authority.

- Lot of different shot variations. Guys catching a pass and pulling a 3 in rhythm on the break looks so beautiful.

- A good amount of players to practice with in the hanger

I'm sure I'll find some things to nitpick the more I play, but my initial impressions are very good. My issues right now seem mostly due to unfamiliarity with the controls. I have to remember that this isn't 2K and there is no shot stick.

I don't know what's going on this year but I can't hate on EA. Tiger Woods, Madden, and Fight Night are among my favorite games this year. Now NBA Live appears to have exercised the demons after playing second fiddle to 2K for a long time. 2K is gonna have to step it up next year because this series is headed in the right direction.

Right now I'm actually contemplating whether or not I'll have to buy two bball games this year. That hasn't happened for me since NBA 2K5/Live 2005.

# 52 Scoop 24 @ 09/11/09 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
I can't find it. I'm an Xbox Live Gold member and it isn't in the new arrivals and I couldn't find it when I searched for it...
just use this and Queue it up from here. than startup your system it will automatically start downloading.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/zh-SG/ga...-d802454108c1/

# 53 ronnieb @ 09/11/09 06:58 AM
xbox live member here from europe no demo for the moment any info ?
devs please if you know tell us.
im not mentaly prepare to wait another week

# 54 YoungG @ 09/11/09 06:59 AM
this game can be summed up in one word...sexy

# 55 marcoyk @ 09/11/09 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop 24
just use this and Queue it up from here. than startup your system it will automatically start downloading.
Oh wow I forgot all about that. Thanks.

# 56 brownclown @ 09/11/09 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk

HERE YA GO

# 57 Tha_Kid @ 09/11/09 07:00 AM
Graphics looks great, wish the post play cuts looked better and also wish the pregame player actions (ie dwights fadeaway thing) had the other players on the court while they do it. Instantly threw it on all-star and won the first game with the Lakers by 4 or so. Thought I would throw it up to superstar but tried a game as the Magic first.

CPU Kobe is no joke. Lakers just lit me up 35-17 and Kobe had no mercy for VC. Definitely see what Da_Czar was saying in terms of individual momentum mattering so much in the one on one matchup. I took the slightest of steps right with VC and Kobe blew by me and hammered on Dwight.

Complaints I could levy after two games are that I wish it was easier to body up your man as I felt a bit helpless when i'd try to guard someone off ball. Didn't really like the responsiveness of playing the passing lanes. Still don't like the way Live handles contesting shots, and contesting inside shots where there wasn't a contact animation was pretty frustrating. Not in love with the shotblocking.

Basically most of my issues deal with playing defense, perhaps stemming from being used to 2K but I owned 09 longer than 2K9 so I don't know. The offense is fun and I haven't even peeled back the top layer on that side. Trying to freestyle towards the basket will get a charge or get you stripped (esp if Kobe/Ron are guarding you). Manual rebounding feels good despite the warp here and there (have yet to feel that a warp stole/awarded me a rebound)

# 58 Gmoney2002 @ 09/11/09 07:02 AM
Man the fact that you can branch out of any dribble animation really adds to the depth of the controls. As you said Czar, you can "signaturize" your dribble moves to your personality. Good job EA.

Still in the Hangar after an hour...haven't played a game yet.

# 59 crm968 @ 09/11/09 07:03 AM
Enjoy guys. And since i'm a PS user i promised myself i wouldn't be here for a week. Look at me now...reading over impressions early in the morning. And i have to say, you guys have got me pretty freaking excited about the game. I was afraid to hear complaints, but it seems that everyone is in some kind of Live trance and enjoying the hell out of this game. lol have fun guys, i can't wait till next thursday.

# 60 brownclown @ 09/11/09 07:03 AM
just dropped vince with kobe

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.