Home
NCAA Football 12 News Post

Lost in the NCAA Football 12 Title Update #3 announcement, released earlier today, EA Sports and the NCAA Football 12 team have stated they are working on title update #4.

Quote:
We'd also like to announce that the team is currently working on a fourth title update and we will announce details at a later date.

Game: NCAA Football 12Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 104 - View All
NCAA Football 12 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 tribefanisu2003 @ 10/20/11 12:05 PM
Wow, a lot of Indy OS'ers!

West side, here.

# 142 steelernation28 @ 10/21/11 12:40 PM
Now almost 5 months later, I might get to play some football.

# 143 WipeOut464 @ 10/21/11 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation28
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, now. The update is still probably at least a month or two away.

# 144 cbc72 @ 10/21/11 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talksnmaths
I can't thank you enough. I'm using your sliders now and it feels a little more like last year's game. I may need to bump up the CPU abilities a tad as sometimes they do some stupid stuff in coverage like run away from a receiver after he's already caught the ball. Also, I may bump up the Human INT ratings as well. I never got that many interceptions as it was. It always seemed like the CPU was very sure handed on defense, but I was always hearing the announcers saying "Man, he should have caught that one." when my team had a chance at an INT.

Anyway, I thought I was the only guy in his mid 30's with a full-time job and grad school who played NCAA football. I just want to relax and unwind. I don't expect to win every time, but I also don't have time to figure out what the money plays are or to scheme for each opponent. This thread was exactly what I needed. You may have saved the life of a new sixaxis controller
Glad to hear it is helping you enjoy the game more.

On, Wisconsin

;-)

# 145 Buckeye Country @ 10/21/11 01:36 PM
Quote:

At the rate we are going I won't be able to complete a season, I am still tweaking sliders. EA fix the sliders in this game.

# 146 mercalnd @ 10/21/11 02:23 PM
Quote:
How is a little under three and a half months almost five months? The game came out in mid July.

# 147 Buckeye Country @ 10/21/11 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
How is a little under three and a half months almost five months? The game came out in mid July.
Yeah I guess I didn't do the math, but still...3 1/2 months?

# 148 Sundown2600 @ 10/21/11 04:19 PM
Patch 4 - Tuner 2 wishlist

1. Fix the sliders. QB Acc seems to be reversed (High value for HUM allows the CPU QB to play better and smarter) and I have no doubt in my mind that the HUM Pass Cov slider is reversed (Low value better reaction time, High value lower reaction time)

2. Improve the AI ball carrier logic. Allow for more juking and spinning and use more of the field when running. Also it's strange that balanced backs seem shiftier than speed backs while speed backs behave more like power backs. Fix this please.

3. Improve the AI controlled DL ability to use their special moves

4. Make WRs more aggressive and cut down on the catch animations that don't apply to the situation. This probably can't be addressed now but at least give the option to strafe catch on AA and Heisman.

5. Fix the tendency bug in dynasty.

6. Improve the option game as a whole. Running, blocking and the AI's reading ability. The QB still hesitates for a moment after he keeps the ball as well as the RB in a Wildcat formation if he keeps the ball. This usually kills the play before it starts, especially on AA or Heisman. (Wasn't this supposed to be fixed last patch?)

7. Fix online dynasty transfer error. Surprisingly I know a few guys including myself willing to start one up if this is addressed.

8. Fix the ability to defend the 4 verts and Hail Mary's. Why should guys assigned to zones in the lower part of the field stay their if all of the receivers are headed toward the endzone? Let them join the party.

9. Passing percentages in dynasty are too low for teams across the board. Would be nice to see an adjustment close to real world stats.

10. Jersey degradation for wht jerseys

# 149 fistofrage @ 10/21/11 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600

1. Fix the sliders. QB Acc seems to be reversed (High value for HUM allows the CPU QB to play better and smarter) and I have no doubt in my mind that the HUM Pass Cov slider is reversed (Low value better reaction time, High value lower reaction time)

2. Improve the AI ball carrier logic. Allow for more juking and spinning and use more of the field when running. Also it's strange that balanced backs seem shiftier than speed backs while speed backs behave more like power backs. Fix this please.

4. Make WRs more aggressive and cut down on the catch animations that don't apply to the situation. This probably can't be addressed now but at least give the option to strafe catch on AA and Heisman.

6. Improve the option game as a whole. Running, blocking and the AI's reading ability. The QB still hesitates for a moment after he keeps the ball as well as the RB in a Wildcat formation if he keeps the ball. This usually kills the play before it starts, especially on AA or Heisman. (Wasn't this supposed to be fixed last patch?)

7. Fix online dynasty transfer error. Surprisingly I know a few guys including myself willing to start one up if this is addressed.

8. Fix the ability to defend the 4 verts and Hail Mary's. Why should guys assigned to zones in the lower part of the field stay their if all of the receivers are headed toward the endzone? Let them join the party.

9. Passing percentages in dynasty are too low for teams across the board. Would be nice to see an adjustment close to real world stats.

Need more fumbles to make game realistic.

Make all penalty sliders work including having AI players on the human team jump offsides and pass interference.

Have the AI returners try to avoid the tacklers instead of running in a straight line.

Have the AI QB try to make moves in space instead of sliding on scrambles.

# 150 BaylorBearBryant @ 10/21/11 04:28 PM
Crickets, EA... crickets.

# 151 WazzuRC @ 10/21/11 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Crickets, EA... crickets.
It'll come out just in time for Bowl Season!

# 152 mWolfe @ 10/21/11 06:43 PM
Quote:

I'll add to that as well

11) A fatigue slider would be nice
12) A injury slider as well
13) the ability to change a teams depth chart in dynasty mode without having to create a coach
14) Edit the teams game plan so we can turn their chew cloak on to force them to us up more of the time clock or have us a acceleratd clock feature that winds the play clock down even if there using no huddle.

# 153 jsquigg @ 10/22/11 02:06 AM
What are the odds that EA scraps the effort to release a patch and just put there efforts into the next glitch fest?

# 154 gamemaster-2005 @ 10/22/11 10:04 AM
Any information on the 4th patch yet?

# 155 Buckeye Country @ 10/22/11 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquigg
What are the odds that EA scraps the effort to release a patch and just put there efforts into the next glitch fest?

We are approaching November, my hopes are decreasing rapidly. I wish they would tell us one way or the other. The silence on this issue is ticking me off.

# 156 leondoggy @ 10/22/11 06:15 PM
I am not sure why EA Sports did not do a massive recall once the freezing issues started being reported. I called EA last week since I got to the end of my offline dynasty and it froze and would not let me get to week 1 off season recruiting. They told me that this was a disk related issue that has been reported by many people who bought the game on day 1. This may also explain the issues with online dynasty issue not allowing advancement although many feel it is server related. So I sent the game back using my warranty and they will send me a new one for free that was part of the later disk releases. This is what happens when a company becomes profit motivated only and takes short cuts on stuff like quality blue-ray disk. Yes, it may cost more but, it would have been worth it for EA to avoid the massive complaints about freezing. I hope this helps and for anyone else impacted I would call EA Sports to get a new disk. Maybe they will announce a mass recall for people who purchased on release day.

I have a PS3

# 157 LionsFanNJ @ 10/22/11 06:22 PM
Its pretty impossible for this year....but I'll say it anyway. NCAA needs Madden's slider breakdown. If its possible in the code architecture to do it we all would like it.

My biggest issue still is deep passes. They're never thown out far enough and with enough touch. If Tib adjusts that and the usde of backs special moves it would be great.

# 158 SoulAssassin @ 10/23/11 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Its pretty impossible for this year....but I'll say it anyway. NCAA needs Madden's slider breakdown. If its possible in the code architecture to do it we all would like it.

My biggest issue still is deep passes. They're never thown out far enough and with enough touch. If Tib adjusts that and the usde of backs special moves it would be great.
Seperating sliders for "reaction speed" and "block shedding" like it is done in Madden is very necessary imo. Especially when trying to tweak stuff like CPU run defense AI

# 159 Knight9299 @ 10/23/11 03:14 PM
Quote:

Don't forget to fix option defense logic. It's sooo much fun to see a corner just sit and watch when option is run to his side

# 160 fistofrage @ 10/23/11 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight9299
Don't forget to fix option defense logic. It's sooo much fun to see a corner just sit and watch when option is run to his side
Need to see punts biting, bouncing backwards and doing other things besides bouncing forward 20 yards every time they are not fielded. It reminds me of when I hit a golf shot and it finds the cart path.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.