Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here. (DualShockers)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 roadman @ 04/30/12 01:12 AM
Thanks, JP.

I'm really digging the addition of Clint Oldenburg to EA. I've noticed on the released video material I don't see OL standing around twiddling their thumbs and wondering what they should do next like I have in previous versions and this reporter also caught that and asked Clint about it.

He said he's trying to fine tune the line as much as he can and said it should be better than 12.

Isn't this the type of person we want going forward for line play and game play development? He rated all the OL as well.

I think the OL/perhaps DL is in good hands going forward and can't wait till they overhaul it and tweak it.

Clint, next project, nest year, OL assignments and double-team pass blocking, please, but I like what you are doing currently.

I recall Mike Young from his podcast last year and he said he wanted to get Madden to more of a story telling and he brings it up again with the replays.

I don't know folks, at this stage, a bit early to tell, but it looks like Madden may have a bright future in the years ahead.

# 2 roadman @ 04/30/12 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
He said the line interaction has been "slightly tuned and should be an upgrade," does not sound too promising.
They aren't hiding anything, though.

For NCAA and Madden, they've both come out and said from the start, no overhaul for the lines, but they will be tuned.

Promising going forward. Much better than no tuning over the past few Maddens.

# 3 ultralow36 @ 04/30/12 09:39 AM
why for people think EA is going to change....He said tune o line not over haul

# 4 kjcheezhead @ 04/30/12 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Why would they overhaul the offensive line completely on possibly the last edition of current gen? Wouldn't it make more sense to do it behind the scenes for next gen then having to do it twice in a year?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I guess this depends on whether you believe the next consoles games will be a port of this Madden or a new game from scratch. If it's gonna be a port anyways, the sooner it gets addressed the better imo.

# 5 kenlovin @ 04/30/12 01:02 PM
I think the mission next year is to find an ex nfl d lineman and put him to work. While you're at it find an ex linebacker, corner, and safety to add to the gameplay.

# 6 ch46647 @ 04/30/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Yeah I'm sure they will continue to release this gen for several years.

No I'm not privy to any next gen info. I'm basing that strictly off the rumors of the next gen systems being out in 2014 Christmas season. I'm assuming also that they will port based off of what happen with this gen.

I guess my main issue that makes me want to facepalm is every year since 06 its always something. If they add 3 times more this year, its still not enough and you still hear complaints. If they would have completely rebuilt it... The same people would find something else to complain about. It just gets HIGHLY annoying seeing the same people complain about the same thing in EVERY thread. If EA could add everything everyone wanted in one year... The negative Nancy's would still search for something to complain about. I'm not aiming that at you Big. You do a good job of keeping it in the middle and being cautiously optimistic (much better than I do). I'm so pumped up I can't hardly stand it. Next week will either make or break Madden 13 for me.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Weren't you a community day member? You should know what is in the game or not shouldn't you?

Also, I am assuming you are talking about June 4th or are you real excited for the audio blog? For me, it is June 4th. If they have added physics into the game and a franchise mode on-line that mirrors the offline version then I am 100% on board.

# 7 tommyboii2008 @ 05/01/12 01:34 AM
If I hear someone talk about Jim Nantz's "Hello Friends" 1 more time.. I'm Gonna Lose My Damn Mind!!

# 8 Smoke6 @ 05/01/12 08:55 AM
To piggy back on this...

Casey, you have your complaints from yr to yr as well, you only voice them to yourself or your local peers. What's "face palming" to me is the fact that EA still doesnt get it at all to be such a "bigger" team and a more "focused" group of devs.

Its already to the point where we are hearing the "we couldnt get to it this year" blah, blah, blah.

I mean, what does the "team" at tiburon consist of and what do they do all day? Im sure the team should be broken down into other teams to work and focus on certain areas of the game and not just working on fine tuning stuff that should have been there.

Just as much as the complaining is getting old, so is the excuses and reasons EA cant get madden the way we all feel it should be at. That face palm worthy!

I hear and read all these new bits and pieces of stuff about madden 13 and I get a lil excited until I pop in madden 12,11,10, 09, etc, etc, and I realize how these things dont gel so well after the 1st week or so of playing the game online and off.

Yea, we have a feature for players having to see the ball before they catch it, but we all know good and well from past experience that for online players this will not be the case. Time is never on our side regarding madden and no matter how excited we get for news on this game, its all come down to execution of it once we get to play it

# 9 BezO @ 05/01/12 09:31 AM
I wish the questions were formatted more for getting info & less for selling the game & securing another interview. All I get from these interviews is, "So EA, what makes your game great this year? What else makes your game so great? What did you do, specifically, to add to the greatness that is Madden?

# 10 Smoke6 @ 05/01/12 10:46 AM
Its people and stuff like this http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...st-you-do.html

That kill the hard work that these devs put into madden every year only to get killed by the masses of wannabe MC players who want to take short cuts on winning instead of enjoying and playing the game the way it should.

That very forum and thread is what makes my desire for a new madden much less than it ever was before the internets. First thing people wanna do is lab glitches and gimmicks and kill online play once again!

# 11 debauchlord @ 05/01/12 12:17 PM
The thing with games is, though, people should be able to play them however the hell they want. You don't get mad if someone playing Monopoly uses actual cash, or substitutes a button for the shoe, do you? If that is how people get enjoyment, that is how people get their enjoyment. It shouldn't bother you at all. If you happen to be playing these people, quit. Find people that don't use exploits.

For instance, I can't even comprehend how people find enjoyment playing Madden online against random people. That doesn't mean, however, that you shouldn't be able to.

# 12 raguel @ 05/01/12 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I wish the questions were formatted more for getting info & less for selling the game & securing another interview. All I get from these interviews is, "So EA, what makes your game great this year? What else makes your game so great? What did you do, specifically, to add to the greatness that is Madden?

What they should ask is: "why are the OL/DL interactions hot garbage year after year?"

# 13 Smoke6 @ 05/01/12 01:15 PM
I feel you Big F, it was hard reading that first page of stuff and seeing people post about checking to see if past glitches and stuff still worked in the upcoming madden.

To the guy who says people should play how they want too,

There is no other way but to play "football" and not play "madden"! I dont see the enjoyment out of exploiting the AI against an opponent when a simple fundamental game plan can do the trick. I know people hat losing and so does your favorite team(s), but they dont go out every week and on Sunday's with the intent to "cheat" the system to their advantage.

They play within the scope of the sport and that includes rules and all.

Its funny how you make that comment, so let me point you to the games where you can have that type of enjoyment as their isnt really that many options out there for us to have the fun we would like from the moment the game is booted up and as advertised!

NFL BLITZ
Madden NFL Arcade
Tecmo Bowl
Madden NFL

Do you see where im going with this?

All the above seems to be catered to the cheese baller crowd and yet, they find better enjoyment out of madden playing the exact same way as those other titles above. What are we left with?'

Monitor the online activity from the get go and eliminate shady players period, their should be no toleration for it and since the league as say so over this game, then I feel it should really be them to enforce it with as much crap goes on in the NFL and how severe they crack down on people. Cheating just isnt right and shouldnt be accepted period, its not a style of play, its just bad character!

# 14 feeq14 @ 05/01/12 01:36 PM
One thing that i will say is that although the OL/DL interactions were problematic last year, they were not broken to the point that they needed an overhaul. If they were tuned to be more realistic then there would be a big difference.

The problem last year was that the line interatctions had 3 basic outcomes.

1- OL win which resulted in either a pancake or an extended long animation showing DLs being stuffed in their rush attempts

2- DL win which results in them completely blowing by the OL or knocking them on their buts

3- Reset/push and pull which means that either the OL will get pushed back or the DL gets pushed back followed by one of the 2 previous outcomes

the problem was that options 1 and 2 were what happened 85% of the time on run and pass plays. This created a seriously unrealistic feel of how line play works and traind users to exploit the AI tendencies moreso than any other skills or player ratings. If they tuned the current blocking system to have push/pull be more prevelant in blocking interactions then things would be much much better.

Think about it, when a guy gets a sack it is not alway becuase he blew past a blocker at the line of scrimmage. It is usually becuase he got off the ball quick and engaged the blocker in a dominat position and pushed the blocker into the backfield collapsing the pocket. THEN he makes a move to shed the blocker to make a sack. The pocket never collapses in madden it is only penetrated right at the snap. This makes pocket presence a non factor as you never have a chance actually move in the pocket, either you have perfect blocking or its an automatic sack. This is why so many players backpedal 10 yards at the snap. Completely rewriting blocking would be great, but tuning can also be an effective way to fix this.

# 15 statum71 @ 05/01/12 03:18 PM
I love the idea of 3D commentators and all. But actually, he said its been forever since a sports game has done that.

Uh no......actually UFC has had 3D announcers for a while now.

Still cool though.

# 16 ch46647 @ 05/01/12 07:33 PM
CRM, when you were down there last time did they tell you all what this "monumental" gameplay edition was going to be? Obviously you couldnt tell us what it is, but would YOU consider it a MONUMENTAL gameplay edition?

SO much hinges on June 4th for me. I want to get on board the hype train this year but I need that monumental gameplay edition to be something legit. Ideally a change to the physics engine to make it more like FIFA and NHL.

# 17 speedy9386 @ 05/01/12 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6
Its people and stuff like this http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...st-you-do.html

That kill the hard work that these devs put into madden every year only to get killed by the masses of wannabe MC players who want to take short cuts on winning instead of enjoying and playing the game the way it should.

That very forum and thread is what makes my desire for a new madden much less than it ever was before the internets. First thing people wanna do is lab glitches and gimmicks and kill online play once again!
What a heap of steaming poo

# 18 Smoke6 @ 05/02/12 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
What a heap of steaming poo
This kicker to all this is that some of these guys have direct contact with some of the devs and get their gamez early aswell for them lab these glitches and confirm to others what's in and what's not as far a glitches go.

But don't take it personal CM, most of us are tired of baby steps and where madden should be now I will detail for you in a minute when I get home.

# 19 Moegames @ 05/02/12 02:25 AM
I like a lot of what Micheal young has to say..i really think he fits his position well and has a nice vision of showing fun and exciting presentation into a NFL football video game. Most of what he said..i totally agree with. I feel that presentation plays a HUGE role in any sports game..in having to push that excitement level up ..to the point presentation is just as important as the core game play elements, seriously..its THAT important imho.

Pre-game, Post-game, pre-play, post-play,commentary, cut scenes, graphics, audio, player emotion, fan reactions,etc,etc..its all key ingredients that MUST be there in football video games..you can have prefect core game play in the game but if the presentation is not there in order to add fun and excitement..its all wasted time and effort and will result in a dull experience and you simply cant have that with ANY video game.

# 20 ch46647 @ 05/02/12 08:17 AM
Hopefully they went ALL OUT with the crowd audio this year. I want roaring crowds that react appropriately to situations on the field, crowd swells, DE-Fense chants on 3rd downs, crowd gasping when there is a big hit or sack, etc, etc, etc..

They need to take this to an all new level this year. Madden has had the worst crowd noise in ANY sports game this generation. NFL football is all about the emotion of players and fans.

« Previous1234567891516Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.