Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
  • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
  • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
  • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Yung Goat 404 @ 07/19/12 05:10 PM
Can't Wait For Uniforms Update Should Be Nice. Arkansas White Helmets Are Tight

# 62 bcruise @ 07/19/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
hopefully the option is fixed in update 2 and it comes out quick instead of the end of the month. I'd like to be able to get into my dynasty. Now with this update coming July 31 i'll just stick to editing some roster and get ready to start my dynasty then.
You understand that the fix list is for the end-of-august patch, right? the July 31 patch is only to fix the two issues listed in the first paragraph.

That's why I said it appears they're not doing anything about the option - because it isn't listed for that August patch.

# 63 PowerofRed25 @ 07/19/12 05:20 PM
I've got to be honest. I didn't realize the majority of the things on that list were problems.

I really hope the "Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes" means all the numerous freezes in nearly every game mode that have now ruined my PS3's hard drive. I'm not a huge fan of my system crashing just trying to turn it off from XMB now because my hard drive has been completely corrupted by having to hard reset after this game has frozen. Also not a huge fan of having to turn my system off and back on just to get the game to start.

No option defense patch is ridiculous but I worked around it most of last year, I'll do it again this year. I'm convinced they have no clue it is happening or they broke it so much they have no clue how to fix it. So it doesn't even get mentioned.

At least zone defense is getting fixed, even though I've had no problem with it at all.

# 64 ibrokeu @ 07/19/12 05:21 PM
So for online play they won't be fixing these. No pass rush unless you blitz. You can't play man because streaks can be completed every single time. Added a uniform store though. Dynamite.

# 65 kestrel @ 07/19/12 05:25 PM
Looks like I'll be waiting until next month before I consider buying this game. The longer I wait, though, the less likely it is that it'll find its way into my library.

# 66 PowerofRed25 @ 07/19/12 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
So for online play they won't be fixing these. No pass rush unless you blitz. You can't play man because streaks can be completed every single time. Added a uniform store though. Dynamite.
I play man almost exclusively online and absolutely dominate defensively. There are a lot of problems with this game but man defense is absolutely NOT one of them, on or offline. It is the one aspect of the game where ratings actually combine to matter.

If you're struggling with it, you're using it wrong. Either your personnel don't match well with your opponent's or you are calling it in situations where you're more likely to get beat on deep balls (2nd and 3rd & Long).

You're right about 3/4 man pass rush though and I'm guessing it is contributing to your pass coverage problems. DB's cannot cover indefinitely. So just blitz. If you're getting beat anyway, you've got nothing to lose. Mix in a corner blitz with zone behind it and just change what your opponent is seeing.

I would be furious if they patched either of those things, they work just fine. It separates elite defensive players from the people who very obviously don't know what they're doing.

# 67 IUxHOOSIERS @ 07/19/12 05:31 PM
Wow no one has yet to mention the fact they didn't even mention anything about the Online Leaderboards. Flat out atrocious.

# 68 der juicen @ 07/19/12 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Wow no one has yet to mention the fact they didn't even mention anything about the Online Leaderboards. Flat out atrocious.
Jesus Christ, they are trying to have this fixed by this weekend. Check their twitter before you go on the attack about your precious e-peen-boards.

# 69 BallinVol @ 07/19/12 05:46 PM
One thing I would like to see maybe in another Tuner is to tune the Studio Update stats and simulation stats. QB's are way off in completion percentage. Not a gamebreaker, but it's really frustrating coming from a dynasty guy like myself. I know I speak for others here too. Nonetheless, i'm excited for the fixes (as long as they don't break a heaping pile of other features/gameplay).

# 70 BA2929 @ 07/19/12 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
As long as EA doesn't charge a ton for jerseys, I don't mind paying for newer stuff at all.
It'll probably be 400 microsoft points for 5 uniforms. 160 solo, if they even go that route.

Just a wild guess though.

Also, I think this should be stickied.

# 71 MUCHLUV69 @ 07/19/12 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmoney327
Nothing on White uniforms not getting as dirty as colored uniforms?
YES! What about this EA!? Please fix like u did in NCAA 11 and not do what u did in NCAA 12 regarding this issue....ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

# 72 eagskerfan @ 07/19/12 05:53 PM
In summary, it will again be impossible to pass like last year, we get new uniforms, and the game will still freeze every 2 or 3 games in the last quarter.

Thanks EA, keep up the good work!

# 73 ncaa13 @ 07/19/12 05:59 PM
i LOVE HOW WHAT THEY FIX IS RARELY ON THESE MESSAGE BOARDS.
PLUM RIDICILOUS WHAT ABOUT USER CATCHING BEING DELAYED.
AND HOW THEY ALREADY HAVE A LIST OF "THINGS THAT CAME BROKEN" TO PATCH IN AUGUST.
THANKS EA

# 74 Nick5150 @ 07/19/12 06:00 PM
So I guess there is no fix for the Stadium Sounds being unable to be heard at all despite raising the volume to 100?

# 75 ibrokeu @ 07/19/12 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I play man almost exclusively online and absolutely dominate defensively. There are a lot of problems with this game but man defense is absolutely NOT one of them, on or offline. It is the one aspect of the game where ratings actually combine to matter.

If you're struggling with it, you're using it wrong. Either your personnel don't match well with your opponent's or you are calling it in situations where you're more likely to get beat on deep balls (2nd and 3rd & Long).

You're right about 3/4 man pass rush though and I'm guessing it is contributing to your pass coverage problems. DB's cannot cover indefinitely. So just blitz. If you're getting beat anyway, you've got nothing to lose. Mix in a corner blitz with zone behind it and just change what your opponent is seeing.

I would be furious if they patched either of those things, they work just fine. It separates elite defensive players from the people who very obviously don't know what they're doing.
El oh el. You're playing scrubs. Pm your gamer tag and I'll drop 50 on you real quick.

# 76 ibrokeu @ 07/19/12 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25

And by the way I'm 54-13 so obviously "I don't know what I'm doing". Streaks are open every time in man. Period.

# 77 Skulletor @ 07/19/12 06:39 PM
big le sigh from me, i tried the "workaround" for the game loading crash, of creating a new save file, but that didn't work - this means there are at least 6 in game crashing bugs

1) the bug that gets fixed by creating a new save
2) the game loading crash by choosing your team to play
3) the game loading crash by choosing to play CPU vs CPU with CPU teams (may or may not be related to studio updates)
4) after the game loads, it crashes before showing the rece davis look-in , displaying just a black screen
5) crashes in supersim, at quarter changes
6) crashes after the game, while scrolling through photos

how many will actually be fixed by the first patch? i'm not getting my hopes up, patch #1 appears to be intended to put the game from alpha into beta quality

# 78 der juicen @ 07/19/12 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
big le sigh from me, i tried the "workaround" for the game loading crash, of creating a new save file, but that didn't work - this means there are at least 6 in game crashing bugs

1) the bug that gets fixed by creating a new save
2) the game loading crash by choosing your team to play
3) the game loading crash by choosing to play CPU vs CPU with CPU teams (may or may not be related to studio updates)
4) after the game loads, it crashes before showing the rece davis look-in , displaying just a black screen
5) crashes in supersim, at quarter changes
6) crashes after the game, while scrolling through photos

how many will actually be fixed by the first patch? i'm not getting my hopes up, patch #1 appears to be intended to put the game from alpha into beta quality
Holy hell. I've frozen once at quarter changes. Is there anyone else with your amount of crashing/freezing? The game is certainly not alpha, that is exaggerating. At some point you may have to start looking at your system. I know my slim sometimes acts up with EA, which always gives me the shivers of thinking it will fail on me.

Or like other people, you can stick your figures in your ears, stick out your tongue and make noises. Also don't forget to call me an EA shill or whatever.

# 79 kingsofthevalley @ 07/19/12 06:51 PM
The one thing thats throwing me off is the one about schools with D+ not being able to advance. So right now its broken and if I do well with akron during my dynasty its not going to matter correct?

# 80 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 07/19/12 06:51 PM
Hopefully that is just an abbreviated version of the full patch log because that is really small, generic and even misses some of the major issues as some have pointed out.

I cannot remember but does Tiburon ever give out detailed patch logs? I know that the EA PC games normally do but with Tiburon everything is usually fan unfriendly.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.