Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

EA Sports has released NCAA Football 13 title update details, which arrives on July 31st.

Quote:
The first issue was a loss of functionality on the Playcall screen, which created a situation where you couldn't change the formation without pausing the game. The second issue was a random crash in our Dynasty mode while loading into a Dynasty game. Once we became aware of these issues, we got fixes in and submitted a title update to Microsoft and Sony. The first title update in order to fix these two issues will be released on July 31st.

There is a work-around for the Dynasty crash until the patch is released. If you run into the crash loading in to game, you need to resave your dynasty file. You can do this by renaming your dynasty or making a change and triggering the auto-save feature. When you do this, it will optimize the file and you can continue playing.

They have also posted the details for NCAA Football 13 title update #2, which will be released in late August.

Gameplay
  • Zone Defense has been updated.
  • We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
  • Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
  • Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
  • No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
  • Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
  • CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
  • Change the logic of man defenders so they don't run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
  • Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
  • Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
  • Fixed sideline streak routes so they don't get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
  • Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
Dynasty
  • Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
  • Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the "Allow Time Savers" setting was turned off.
  • Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
  • In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
Custom Playbooks
  • Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
  • Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
  • Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

Update: Just received clarification from Justin, community manager at EA Sports.

Quote:
Any update to an incorrect uniform in game will be provided at no additional cost.

Source - EA Sports

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 HARTSTOPPER @ 07/19/12 02:49 PM
What about the frozen defense on option plays? Thats almost as big of a game breaker as the frozen play call screen. Do the devs honestly "read" the forums?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

# 2 Reggie16 @ 07/19/12 02:49 PM
Free Uniform updates. hopefully a lot more uniforms are implemented.

# 3 mestevo @ 07/19/12 02:49 PM
To be clear for people skimming and going by just the title, this is 2 updates, an initial one to fix some problems and then all the bullet points are for an update scheduled for August.

# 4 Ramminyou @ 07/19/12 02:52 PM
Good to see zone and coverage issues being fixed and the uniform store being added.

# 5 WazzuRC @ 07/19/12 02:52 PM
Pretty disappointed the main patch won't be released until late August and won't address the screen and option game.

# 6 BadAssHskr @ 07/19/12 02:53 PM
Since my copy and past job is basically unreadable, please, those in the know, edit this thing so it can be read without getting a headache.

# 7 The JareBear @ 07/19/12 02:58 PM
Can't wait for this patch. Zone Defense has been really bugging me, glad they looked into it

# 8 fcboiler87 @ 07/19/12 02:59 PM
Please, please fix the logic on the coaching carousel that prevents current head coaches from getting new head coaching jobs.

# 9 xOLDBHOYx @ 07/19/12 03:03 PM
how about CPU on heisman difficulty attempting 50+ yard fg's all the time when they should be punting?..

# 10 Pezell04x @ 07/19/12 03:04 PM
Quote:
In addition, we will be adding a "Uniform Store" to the game. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time. Sometimes those came in after the deadline and we would have to wait until the following year in order to get those default uniforms in. The "Uniform Store" will allow us to give you updated uniforms during the season. If it's an update to a team's default uniform, you will get those uniforms at no additional charge, via download in the store if and when available.
Awesome. I hope this gets updated regularly.

# 11 mercalnd @ 07/19/12 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
To be clear for people skimming and going by just the title, this is 2 updates, an initial one to fix some problems and then all the bullet points are for an update scheduled for August.
You just know that people will complain after the first update that they lied about fixing those bullet points.

# 12 jfsolo @ 07/19/12 03:17 PM
I wish they would have been able get the zone defense stuff fixed for the July 31 patch, or in a tuner. Late August is tough to swallow for a gameplay fix that will take the game to another level.

# 13 statum71 @ 07/19/12 03:20 PM
No custom sounds glitch fix???

# 14 jmik58 @ 07/19/12 03:21 PM
How about zone defenders letting receivers run past them instead of respecting "deeper than the deepest". Half the time it's like the safeties don't even try to do their job -- it's not just that they are beaten.

On another note, it may be a good decision to wait and buy the game at the time Madden is released for those that waited. Get the "fixed" game for the lower price.

# 15 jmik58 @ 07/19/12 03:23 PM
One other thing.. does anyone see where they are fixing the issue with running plays being blown dead randomly (especially on counters, etc)?

# 16 The JareBear @ 07/19/12 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
How about zone defenders letting receivers run past them instead of respecting "deeper than the deepest". Half the time it's like the safeties don't even try to do their job -- it's not just that they are beaten.

On another note, it may be a good decision to wait and buy the game at the time Madden is released for those that waited. Get the "fixed" game for the lower price.

I'd like to think this goes along with the "Updated Zone Defense"

# 17 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/19/12 03:25 PM
So basically in a nut shell......Game play won't be fixed until AFTER Madden 13 comes out......This is basically what they are saying.

Dynasty freezes fixed end of July
Game Play related stuff end of August, after Madden 13 comes out.

# 18 gdawg4life @ 07/19/12 03:28 PM
EA PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE bring out a PATCH 3 to fix the option and screen.... And if yall can.. throw in an EQUIPMENT STORE...If yall can do a uniform store yall can do an EQUIPMENT STORE

PLEASE COME THROUGH

# 19 Watson @ 07/19/12 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
The NCAA Football 13 team is adding a "Uniform Store" which allows them to add updated default uniforms during the season, at no charge.

# 20 jmik58 @ 07/19/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I'd like to think this goes along with the "Updated Zone Defense"
I would like to think that also, but I've learned with EA that you have to ask for specifics. They like to throw out broad sweeping generalizations like "Read and React Defensive AI" when they only did about 10% of what the concept really means.

I find it interesting they would go into detail about other fixes, but simply stated that they "updated zone defense." I'm curious to know what they think was wrong and how it will supposedly be different.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.