Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

In listening to the podcast, the team announced while there are some free NCAA Football 13 DLC uniforms coming (to fix default home and away uniforms), there are also plans for paid DLC for specialty uniforms (one-offs).

Cost, details and the list of teams for the paid DLC specialty uniforms will be announced at a later date. EA Sports will try to make them available as they debut at their games in real life.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 261 speedtrucker @ 09/05/12 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgocubsgo
Um, I think that EA can follow the release of an SEC school, who's uni change was promoted nationally, yes
ESPN didn't even make an announcement on a SEC schools uniform change until 2 days later on April 16... with no images though...

Fox Sports Midwest made the announcement in an article on april 14th, a single paragraph midway through their spring game coverage.

so if national media, ESPN, and regional coverage, FSmw, barely covered it BUT the local media, St.Louis Today and Kansas City Today covered it with great detail then EA should be watching all forms of news wires to make sure that all 124 schools are up to the minute correct prior to the deadline?

or would it be wise to think/assume that the explanation "In addition, you will see a "Uniform Store" added to the menu. In the past, we have had a cut off of mid-April for uniform submissions from schools in order to get them onto our disc in time." means that if there are potential changes coming in later than normal that they need to be submitted to EA rather than EA following Shaggybevo.com, texags.com, tigerboard.com to know up to the minute that so-n-so changed their uniforms right before the deadline.

again, there are quite a few examples where EA has no excuse(TCU still being wrong 2 years later) and a few examples where they were purely excusable because of solid deadline misses(Aggy). Mizzou, to me, falls in the excusable because it was up against the deadline and there is no proof that Mizzou officials submitted the uniforms to EA prior to the mid-april deadline. we just have that the uniforms were announced at the half of their spring game on April 14th and EA saying that they aren't in the game but will be included.

# 262 MrRudy @ 09/05/12 04:27 PM
“@CMcLeod_EA: Exciting stuff happening in @EANCAAFootball 13 tomorrow. That is all, carry on. ;-)”

Uniform store?

# 263 Ramminyou @ 09/05/12 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
“@CMcLeod_EA: Exciting stuff happening in @EANCAAFootball 13 tomorrow. That is all, carry on. ;-)”

Uniform store?
Has to be the first batch of jerseys. It would be pretty reckless to be that vague when they are aware of how much the fanbase is anticipating the uniforms.

# 264 Ramminyou @ 09/05/12 04:33 PM
Just noticed this from EA NCAA's twitter. Tweeted an hour ago.

@fusionstyle We will have uniform information very soon. Stay tuned.

# 265 MrOctober430 @ 09/05/12 04:39 PM
Finally some answers. Can't wait for this!

# 266 TMuss @ 09/05/12 05:06 PM
We are so getting Horse Armor tomorrow!!!

# 267 Stats85 @ 09/05/12 05:22 PM
Cool can't wait 2 use Oregon's unis from this past game on my season with real schedule

# 268 superxero27 @ 09/05/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Just noticed this from EA NCAA's twitter. Tweeted an hour ago.

@fusionstyle We will have uniform information very soon. Stay tuned.
Could that possibly be any vaguer?

And to guard against disappointment, it doesn't say we will have "uniforms available" it says "uniform information available." Might just be the long-awaited list of uni pieces included in the first update.

And "very soon" is an extremely loose phrase. Could be in five hours, could be in five days, could be in five weeks.

# 269 jakeywakey911 @ 09/05/12 06:24 PM
EA NCAA Football 13 tweeted earlier: "@fusionstyle We will have uniform information very soon. Stay tuned."

So idk what they mean by that lol, could be a week, could be a few hours or a day. So I guess stay tuned everyone

MY bad I didnt see it was already posted :/

# 270 BadAssHskr @ 09/05/12 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeywakey911
EA NCAA Football 13 tweeted earlier: "@fusionstyle We will have uniform information very soon. Stay tuned."

So idk what they mean by that lol, could be a week, could be a few hours or a day. So I guess stay tuned everyone

MY bad I didnt see it was already posted :/
it means the whining and crying will evolve from "when are we getting this", to "there's not enough free stuff, this jersey is missing, there is no equipment, such and such should be free, why do i have to pay for that.."

# 271 jakeywakey911 @ 09/05/12 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
it means the whining and crying will evolve from "when are we getting this", to "there's not enough free stuff, this jersey is missing, there is no equipment, such and such should be free, why do i have to pay for that.."

Well that's not me, but ok thanks I''ll fork the money if need be, I just wanna use the new jerseys. And true EA will never be able to make everyone happy, and I believe they should update equipment lol considering there's no Under Armour gloves, Crappy Adidas cleats that no one wears in real life, and no Adidas Gloves.... hmmmmm

# 272 loccdogg26 @ 09/05/12 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeywakey911
Well that's not me, but ok thanks I''ll fork the money if need be, I just wanna use the new jerseys. And true EA will never be able to make everyone happy, and I believe they should update equipment lol considering there's no Under Armour gloves, Crappy Adidas cleats that no one wears in real life, and no Adidas Gloves.... hmmmmm
If it is not Nike its not getting updated.

# 273 gamemaster-2005 @ 09/05/12 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
If true that sucks Tennessee Volunteers have had orange collar for two seasons yet EA still has white collars.

# 274 Pezell04x @ 09/05/12 08:37 PM
Please tell us we are getting these this week. I can see EA telling us what jerseys we are getting and not when we are getting them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 275 ChangeUp106 @ 09/05/12 09:20 PM
Shoot my PS3 cannot connect to the Internet on campus. Please tell me there's a way to get them on PS3 via USB. I've waited all summer for these new unis.

# 276 speedtrucker @ 09/05/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loccdogg26
... Not sure if serious...

Most of the late releases this summer were adidas uniforms.

Aggy, miss st, neb, wisky and I believe northwestern are also adidas.

# 277 The_Rick_14 @ 09/05/12 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
... Not sure if serious...

Most of the late releases this summer were adidas uniforms.

Aggy, miss st, neb, wisky and I believe northwestern are also adidas.
He was talking about equipment (gloves, cleats)

# 278 dramachild11 @ 09/05/12 10:40 PM
Lol I'm nervous about this "exciting news" cause I have a sneaking suspicion that this is foreplay.. If the uni store is gonna open tomorrow wouldn't they just say so?

# 279 BadAssHskr @ 09/05/12 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
Lol I'm nervous about this "exciting news" cause I have a sneaking suspicion that this is foreplay.. If the uni store is gonna open tomorrow wouldn't they just say so?
I hope its conversion of OD to CCM, all online exclusive.

There you have ot, thats wishful thinking!

# 280 tackle74 @ 09/05/12 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
And was the released uniform change presented to EA or are we expecting EA to follow every schools press releases to ensure 100% accuracy?

EA has made it known that there is a deadline that has to be met for school updates, when 30 schools a year are adding, tweaking or removing uniforms I'd imagine it'd be hard to make sure a new uniform released near the deadline made it in at launch...
Simply put YES that is their job if they expect people to shell out $60 bucks for a game. Plus as someone else said these were an SEC team with not an alt-uni but there new standard uniform. To make matters worse the uniform release was CFB news around the country. So yes all the EA apologist can make excuses but face it they AGAIN drop the ball, just ask Washington about their "care" of getting the correct unis in the game.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.