Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 23 @ 05/22/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
well 2K has a lot of brand loyalty fans also. I was one of them and just didn't care to play live. I'm just happy EA are back to basketball but you don't see others saying the same thing. All I see is them bashing a CGI clip that's not even the real game. I don't know about the rest of u but i'm sick and tired of up and unders, ball going through players, shot clock cheese, players getting slid over so players can dunk, slid over so players can get a pass, step back 3pt shots that go in 100%, ect. All I want is a great basketball game and don't care who brings it. Just excited to have a choice now or if I get pissed off at one game I can go buy the other. Don't know what's the point of picking out players that don't look like themselves we have tons of players that don't look like themselves in the other game.
For the record this is not a thread for you to come here and complain about NBA 2k...

Its the same old crap every single time. FOCUS

EA decided to show us what they're game would look like, and they are the ones who presented us with this. What you're saying is people arent supposed to sit here and call out the same exact thing that just happened over the last couple of years? They did the same thing last year, look at that pic because that's where it's from, and we had people defending that garbage for days until EA finally came out and said they werent even going to release a game.

This is all about NBA Live and its been YEARS. After all of this time and a new gen coming and the game looks to have alot of the same old issues and players look like theyre in need of life support machines.

There is absolutely no reason act like fellow consumers are at fault here.

# 82 abbs2cute @ 05/22/13 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
For the record this is not a thread for you to come here and complain about NBA 2k...

EA decided to show us what they're game would look like, and they are the ones who presented us with this. What you're saying is people arent supposed to sit here and call out the same exact thing that just happened over the last couple of years? They did the same thing last year, look at that pic because that's where it's from, and we had people defending that garbage for days until EA finally came out and said they werent even going to release a game.

This is all about NBA Live and its been YEARS. After all of this time and a new gen coming and the game looks to have alot of the same old issues and players look like theyre in need of life support machines.

Well you seem to going a little over board. Remember these only video games. Also it's not like the above poster is wrong. He's actually right.

# 83 youvalss @ 05/22/13 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Anyone familiar with what they call place holders? I believe the skinny legs and everyone is skinny look is what they are using until they can flesh out the game. Lets be patient till E3 and a lil after to see the direction it is going. I think we are getting a little over excited about this.
Like you said, until we see official gameplay/in-game (untouched?) screenshots, it's hard to tell. But then again, those skinny legs have been there before more than once, actually it was some kind of a signature EA basketball thing.

I sure hope everything we've seen from EA the last couple of years are place holders for something better. Let's just hope they don't forget to replace it with the 'actual' stuff.

# 84 23 @ 05/22/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbs2cute
Well you seem to going a little over board. Remember these only video games. Also it's not like the above poster is wrong. He's actually right.
You're wrong for calling me overboard and him right.

This is an EA thread period and point blank.

# 85 23 @ 05/22/13 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Like you said, until we see official gameplay/in-game (untouched?) screenshots, it's hard to tell. But then again, those skinny legs have been there before more than once, actually it was some kind of a signature EA basketball thing.

I sure hope everything we've seen from EA the last couple of years are place holders for something better. Let's just hope they don't forget to replace it with the 'actual' stuff.
They've earned their reputation and get the backlash they've deserved.

It wont stop until they show everyone differently. Im sure we all want more choices. I think im more bothered that we had about 6 basketball games and are now down to 1 more than anybody.

That said, Its been enough years of just saying wait til E3 or whatever when we've seen this book before over and again.

The truth of the matter is, its nex gen now, and the same old excuses are still there for the same old problems. Its ridiculous.

# 86 noshun @ 05/22/13 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
well 2K has a lot of brand loyalty fans also. I was one of them and just didn't care to play live. I'm just happy EA are back to basketball but you don't see others saying the same thing. All I see is them bashing a CGI clip that's not even the real game. I don't know about the rest of u but i'm sick and tired of up and unders, ball going through players, shot clock cheese, players getting slid over so players can dunk, slid over so players can get a pass, step back 3pt shots that go in 100%, ect. All I want is a great basketball game and don't care who brings it. Just excited to have a choice now or if I get pissed off at one game I can go buy the other. Don't know what's the point of picking out players that don't look like themselves we have tons of players that don't look like themselves in the other game.
Its because the CGI clip which is supposed to be next gen is showing the same issues that were INGAME issues for Live current gen. Why would they do a CGI render of lanky gumby plastic looking hunchback players? Hunchback was a INGAME problem even shown in the leaked Live 13 footage. Please try to dispute this pict:
Long arms and legs were in the Live 06 current gen trailer with the Sonics vs Pistons. either youre in denial because im pointing it out to you, or you are turning a blind eye too it.

Again, why would EA do a CGI render with lanky players and hunchback. They had since 09 to fix this. All we've heard was Live devs having Gregorian chant/Kumbaya meetings in the hallways, along with tealight candles pat on the backs etc, and then they come full circle with this, and youre okay with it?

It would be a shame if they move to next gen with these same animations from current gen and from the looks of the CGI assets, it sure looks like they still don't get it and this stuff with carry over. I hope Im worng but my guess is it wont change.

# 87 King_B_Mack @ 05/22/13 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Anyone familiar with what they call place holders? I believe the skinny legs and everyone is skinny look is what they are using until they can flesh out the game. Lets be patient till E3 and a lil after to see the direction it is going. I think we are getting a little over excited about this.
Come on man, place holders?

NBA Live 05

NBA Live 06

NBA Live 07

NBA Live 08

Weird looking, flailing, skinny body type players is how Live always looks. That's not magically changing from this trailer either.

Dudes is crazy in here man lol. Every year it's something new for the same old stuff. Place holders...lol

# 88 jersez @ 05/22/13 11:17 PM
I agree with 23, it's been years, they've had so much time to make a decent product, the usually dev cycle for sports video games are a year, that's not barely any time compared to how other games are developed which is usually 3-4 years maybe. I would think they would have something to show by now even if it wasn't perfect with that amount of time.

But I don't know what's going on over there and this is just my assumption. I'm just saying how much time do they need?

# 89 Ermolli @ 05/22/13 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Come on man, place holders?

NBA Live 05

NBA Live 06

NBA Live 07

NBA Live 08

Weird looking, flailing, skinny body type players is how Live always looks. That's not magically changing from this trailer either.

Dudes is crazy in here man lol. Every year it's something new for the same old stuff. Place holders...lol
I still believe the first two current gen graphics looked better, the body types seemed better in Live 06 and to a lesser extent in Live 07, then it felt apart up to the point we see those terrible player body types of today (and the last games).

# 90 Jay Jay @ 05/23/13 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

if this is a cgi video demostrating where they want to go...how can you honestly say this game has a lot of the same old issues? Sounds like the typical EA hate to me.

# 91 Jay Jay @ 05/23/13 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
Its because the CGI clip which is supposed to be next gen is showing the same issues that were INGAME issues for Live current gen. Why would they do a CGI render of lanky gumby plastic looking hunchback players? Hunchback was a INGAME problem even shown in the leaked Live 13 footage. Please try to dispute this pict:
Long arms and legs were in the Live 06 current gen trailer with the Sonics vs Pistons. either youre in denial because im pointing it out to you, or you are turning a blind eye too it.

Again, why would EA do a CGI render with lanky players and hunchback. They had since 09 to fix this. All we've heard was Live devs having Gregorian chant/Kumbaya meetings in the hallways, along with tealight candles pat on the backs etc, and then they come full circle with this, and youre okay with it?

It would be a shame if they move to next gen with these same animations from current gen and from the looks of the CGI assets, it sure looks like they still don't get it and this stuff with carry over. I hope Im worng but my guess is it wont change.
Look like they corrected the hunch back to me...go google defensive stance if you dont know what it look like...typical EA hate again smh

# 92 mlp111 @ 05/23/13 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
if this is a cgi video demostrating where they want to go...how can you honestly say this game has a lot of the same old issues? Sounds like the typical EA hate to me.
cgi videos are suppose to make the game look better i thought, if thats the case were in for a rude awakening... cause even the trailer had hunchbacks, laggy stiff jerky animations... so if this was a cgi video as they say, why in the hell is the video having the same fundamental issue that previous game had? If i was todo a cgi video, i for one would have made sure none of the animations looked laggy and the stiffness surely wouldn't have been seen.... SMH at EA, somethings they do and say are just puzzling for such a major franchise or gaming industry

# 93 vtcrb @ 05/23/13 10:19 AM
I have to say I am VERY disappointed that it wont be released for Xbox 360. I understand they are trying to make a SPLASH with the Next Gen Consoles, BUT I for one WONT be buying a Next Gen Console for quite a bit. I mean WHY not get the game right on the Current Consoles, then improve upon it for the Next Gen ones. How many sales are they losing by ONLY making it for Next Gen? Time will tell, but I DO think they will be losing out on quite a few buyers by Only going Next Gen.

I have also been disappointed with the LACK of USER interaction by BOTH EA and 2k for their 2014 version of their games. I mean last year(2k13) 2k had the event where they let fans come to the event and express their feelings on what needed to be improved(not that they listened, LOL). I mean EA should have jumped ALL over that type of Opportunity and setup something Similar and got the Opinions about WHAT was NEEDED in their upcoming release to MAKE Users WANT to buy their game.

# 94 King_B_Mack @ 05/23/13 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
So does anyone like live here? Did I come to the right place? All I see is bashing a d comparisons to other said game. Bottom line, if you liked 10 stick figures and all this next game should be a treat for those that have patiently waited. Could care less what ea has done or hasn't done as far as community wants. Either buy the game or don't. But don't blame them for your basketball misfortunes. You have another game. Us true live fanboys don't.
Like I said clockwork in here. Right down to some random dude who hasn't been here coming in here slinging around the "you guys don't like Live/EA" and bashing and all these other bull**** deflections from the actual issues. You're new here so find out some background on what people really like or don't like before you come in here slinging around terms like you know everybody's history with Live/EA here.

# 95 Jay Jay @ 05/23/13 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp111
cgi videos are suppose to make the game look better i thought, if thats the case were in for a rude awakening... cause even the trailer had hunchbacks, laggy stiff jerky animations... so if this was a cgi video as they say, why in the hell is the video having the same fundamental issue that previous game had? If i was todo a cgi video, i for one would have made sure none of the animations looked laggy and the stiffness surely wouldn't have been seen.... SMH at EA, somethings they do and say are just puzzling for such a major franchise or gaming industry
The backs didnt look hunched to me compared to other Lives and I think its hard to tell if animations is jerky when the video keep switching through 4 different games and Live had the shortest clips of them all.

# 96 Valdarez @ 05/23/13 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conda
This is pre-rendered...
That's what I thought from the EA reps responses. The videos shown at the reveal were CGI and thus not representative of the engine. If that's the case, then this story needs updated to reflect it.

# 97 23 @ 05/23/13 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
The backs didnt look hunched to me compared to other Lives and I think its hard to tell if animations is jerky when the video keep switching through 4 different games and Live had the shortest clips of them all.

I can tell you haven't been around here long.

# 98 vtcrb @ 05/23/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I'm not a developer and don't know jack about this kind of stuff but assuming they tried to make 14 for current consoles could they just port over that to the new consoles next year? It would cost a lot of money to develop a game from the ground up even for the 360 or PS3 no?
I agree. You would think they would want to work out the issues on the Current Consoles, before venturing into the Next Gen. I am not a CPU guru either, but i would think it would be cheaper to Develop a Solid Model then Use it as a Base for Next Gen. I would love for Live to comeback. We NEED to have both EA and 2k making games, so that EACH of them keeps pushing the other to make a better product.

# 99 Hassan Darkside @ 05/23/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I agree. You would think they would want to work out the issues on the Current Consoles, before venturing into the Next Gen. I am not a CPU guru either, but i would think it would be cheaper to Develop a Solid Model then Use it as a Base for Next Gen. I would love for Live to comeback. We NEED to have both EA and 2k making games, so that EACH of them keeps pushing the other to make a better product.
Or, alternatively, they could sink their time, money, and resources into developing for just one generation of consoles. How many chances do you want to give EA? They haven't got it right at all this generation, but you think they'll miraculously get it right all of a sudden? Nah man. They have very little to gain by putting out a current-gen game right now considering the reputation NBA Live has received on this console.

And forget porting it to next gen. EA seriously needs to just start over once and build from there rather than starting over repeatedly. This is their best opportunity to do that.

# 100 Paulinho @ 05/23/13 10:06 PM
If EA gives me respectable gameplay & Online Team Play like the NHL & Fifa series i will purchase this. I am looking forward to this game, i have been unhappy with 2k ever since they got rid of Crew.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.