Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

When the Xbox One launches this fall, it will be launching with two likely NBA titles with EA Sports showing off NBA Live today during the Microsoft Xbox Reveal -- ending all speculation about when we were going to see EA's NBA game. We posted several screenshots earlier from the Ignite Engine Trailer, which you can find here.

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 23 @ 05/25/13 03:16 AM
It was apart of the xbox conference but EA had it pulled.

# 122 da ThRONe @ 05/25/13 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
Come on man, I can understand peoples distaste for EA and there tactics, but post like this are way off base. It not that bad, and I've definitely seen much worse from them and their competitor, stop the hate just for the sake of it.
This is making NBA Elite look progressive.

I've been extremely fair with EA. I actually thought the direction for NBA Elite was a good idea. I some what enjoyed the demo for the game. However if this is the best they can do with all the power of the XBOne(Don't steal that people LOL) or the PS4 after not putting a game out for several years this game is dead and EA needs to stop lying to themselves.

And you say you've seen worse from EA's competitor on the 360/PS3. Which year would you say even comes close to being visually this cartoonish?

edit: It's so bad that after viewing them I wouldn't be surprised if Live is another non-release this year.

# 123 thedream2k13 @ 05/25/13 10:39 AM
looks like CGI is confused for gameplay yet again by the critics lol.

# 124 thedream2k13 @ 05/25/13 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
http://www.gamespot.com/video/xbox-o...ealed-6408678/
it was never pullled, it starts at 33 minutes

# 125 23 @ 05/25/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
http://www.gamespot.com/video/xbox-o...ealed-6408678/
it was never pullled, it starts at 33 minutes
Dude there were NBA Live only videos out there and they were pulled

# 126 MIPG1 @ 05/25/13 01:13 PM
This should end all the criticism that has been made towards NBA LIVE 14! This is a TRAILER, NOT gameplay footage. Why do you guys just bash it?! None you guys are giving EA SPORTS any credit for what they've done to the jerseys! The jerseys move off their bodies in a certain way that is completely authentic to the players movement. The facial expressions, when Kyrie Irving went up for that layup, did you see his facial expression, looked completely AUTHENTIC! I understand that some aspects of a trailer, can be in the actual game. MAYBE those aren't the player models, MAYBE EA SPORTS made this video a few months back before they even changed the player models! @EASPORTSNBA has tweeted time after time that this is PRE-RENDERED footage made for just the Xbox One Reveal Conference! Maybe the player models are going to be bad, thats going to make you guys not buy this game because of the PLAYER MODELS?! They are going to have full ESPN presentation (They have the license for it, something that 2K doesn't have), great online servers, FIBA modes (They have the license for it, something that 2K doesn't have), and beautiful gameplay because of this new IGNITE engine! Now me I love NBA 2K, I think it is a great game, but I like NBA LIVE also, but when you guys when you criticize NBA LIVE, for stupid reasons like this, I can't stand it! 2K guys, don't you guys want competition?! I WANT to be at GameStop, BestBuy, Walmart, Target, having two games NBA 2K and NBA LIVE and saying "this is a hard decision which one should I buy?" Wait till a time where EA SPORTS releases gameplay footage and they say that is where they are right now to start nitpicking! What if EA SPORTS releases gameplay footage at E3 and it looks amazing, are you 2K guys still going to pick out every little thing about the game and criticize it? So you guys are going to tell me that PLAYER MODELS is what is going to make this game bad?!?! So you guys are saying if they have amazing ESPN presentation, a great FIBA mode, great online servers and beautiful gameplay you guys are not going to buy this game?!?!?!?!!? It just PLAYER MODELS, you guys are completely stressing PLAYER MODELS!

# 127 ccoaxum @ 05/25/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
its the sim vs arcade . NBA live is in the arcadish realm . You cant like something that's been missing for 3 years
not true, people love celebs never seen them in their lives at most point, people love God and never seen him, for u to say someone cant like something just cause it wasn't made in three years does not mean they going to stop liking that brand..just sounds crazy lmao

# 128 ccoaxum @ 05/25/13 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Get out of here man. What has EA done that brings on the blind loyalty, Especially with this series?

I personally saw NBA Elite after they decided not to listen to the one sane man and his group in the company post Live 10. Carlos Boozer jumping from the Free throw line, Ice Hockey controls, timed jumpshots from anywhere on the court, and a host of buzzword is all EA was about.

I cant even believe you'd sit here and claim how much you love a game that hasnt been worth a dime to even release since freaking 2009 and you come in here bashing a game that you absolutely cannot deny that can boast the best basketball game ever created.

Its not that I hate EA, but its posts like yours that keep giving passes on complete manure while the rest of us are asking for the right thing to be done.

It doesnt even matter if this video like all of the others shoot up tons of red flags or you see players running around like stiff wax statues, it doesn't even matter if the players hardly resemble freaking people, you just want to continue to get stabbed in the backside because of brand loyalty.

and you want me to be convinced this is right and im supposed to believe this is exactly how Paul Pierce looks?

i been saying for while now that this site loves 2k which is fine, and like someone said only reason half the people got 2k is because they just wanted to play a basketball game, we should want EA to come out with another game and do better. But everytime they try nobody give them any time of good response it always negative like yall don't want it to do good..why is that, you said you want competition but you always try to run it off smh...the pic by the way face wise does look like paul he just making a facial expression in a still shot which not fair to say that don't look like him. An everybody have the right to like what the they regardless if it sucks or haven't been around for years...this site is laker fans, if u don't like them then its kinda like fxxk you since dnt like the lakers(2k) lmao yall r crazy period, do yall even know what arcade came is cause i'm tired of ppl calling games arcade when there really not smh

# 129 ccoaxum @ 05/25/13 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
For the record this is not a thread for you to come here and complain about NBA 2k...

Its the same old crap every single time. FOCUS

EA decided to show us what they're game would look like, and they are the ones who presented us with this. What you're saying is people arent supposed to sit here and call out the same exact thing that just happened over the last couple of years? They did the same thing last year, look at that pic because that's where it's from, and we had people defending that garbage for days until EA finally came out and said they werent even going to release a game.

This is all about NBA Live and its been YEARS. After all of this time and a new gen coming and the game looks to have alot of the same old issues and players look like theyre in need of life support machines.

There is absolutely no reason act like fellow consumers are at fault here.
dude that wasnt even the actual game so how can say it looks the same? really lol

# 130 ccoaxum @ 05/25/13 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
no they didn't cause it still on EA's site smh

# 131 ccoaxum @ 05/25/13 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No its that bad. It's not hate its a genuine post about what he sees.

Galaxy Note 2
naw thats straight over board i don't see anybody looking green or alien like heads...freaking 2k fanboys smh

# 132 King_B_Mack @ 05/25/13 02:07 PM

These last posts man. Do a little searching on this forum. Calling people 2K guys and all this. The reasons why people are done giving EA the benefit of the doubt for doing the same stuff over and over aren't hard to find at all.

# 133 ccoaxum @ 05/25/13 02:10 PM
lol neither r 2kfanboys so i guess none of us is going to change right...dang Obama promise us change!

# 134 King_B_Mack @ 05/25/13 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
lol neither r 2kfanboys so i guess none of us is going to change right...dang Obama promise us change!
The **** is this sentence even mean? I don't even know if it can be called a sentence actually.

# 135 23 @ 05/25/13 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccoaxum
Keep calling people fanboys if you want to and Ill ban you faster than you can type it

# 136 MIPG1 @ 05/25/13 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

These last posts man. Do a little searching on this forum. Calling people 2K guys and all this. The reasons why people are done giving EA the benefit of the doubt for doing the same stuff over and over aren't hard to find at all.
I apologize for using that term, I meant it by gamers who support 2K and pick out every little bad thing that EA SPORTS does and use it to say NBA LIVE is "a disgrace".

# 137 ffaacc03 @ 05/25/13 04:32 PM
Some people seem to think that the reason why there has been no Live/Elite games the past few years is solely due to the competition customers that go and exagerate the game flaws ... that might be partially right, even if so, they are part of the market they are trying to shoot for ... yet mostly, if not solely, the failure to deliver those games it was due to EA own actions.

This whole prerendered video stuff we get, what we dont get is how do they choose to present it if it would be showcasing most of our visual complaints, complaints that have been fervently expressed over and over through the past few years.

Lets detail some of them:
- EA decided to showcase Live along some of their other brands, which were either more prepared for this occasion or at least better rendered, therefor deminishing Lives outlook.
- EA went with preserving its last gen player models (stick like), when most consumers didnt want them to.
- EA kept its current gen lightning over player skins (plastic like look), when most consumers didnt want them to.
- EA chose to stick with some of the players stance (defensive hunchback lookalike stance), when most consumers didnt want them to.
- EA decided to praise an engine that it didnt showed up at all with Live rendered video.

As you can see, it is not gameplay some of us are judging, but the presented video ... purely based of what was shown and going of past experience with the brand other cancelled tittles, there are some implications that one can educately inffer (such as they possibly also ignoring gameplay complaints) after seeing such questionable direction.

EA, once again, keeps taking bad decissions, keeps showing exactly the opposite of what people is looking to see ... even if the game is an early build, more so if the game is the opposite of what was presented on the video, you dont "show of" all the bad things that custumers have been criticizing since, ever.

I personaly liked the arena ambience and the players facial animations (not the players faces) but I will tell you this tho, given the recurrent miss timed showings, missguided directions and general repetition of mistakes, EA is solely raising to absurd levels its game expectations and moreso, hindering its costumers tolerance all while not been able to release a game for the past few years.

Here is to hope for a worthy showing at E3, then again, at this point, I am merely being either naive or taking my videogame bball fanatism over my rationalism. EA has yet to show that we were taken (even slightly) in account.

# 138 jersez @ 05/25/13 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPG1
I apologize for using that term, I meant it by gamers who support 2K and pick out every little bad thing that EA SPORTS does and use it to say NBA LIVE is "a disgrace".
Who is doing this?

# 139 MIPG1 @ 05/25/13 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Who is doing this?
Doing what? Lol

# 140 magicman32 @ 05/25/13 06:34 PM
The NBA Live footage was really terrible. Definitely the low point of the video. Why are the players so skinny and the animations so stiff? It's like night and day compared to Fifa and Madden.

SMH at Live for showcasing that horrible footage for Xbox's Reveal presentation. Very underwhelming.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.