Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

Check out the latest NBA Live 14 blog, which discusses how you need to maintain a rhythm of the dribble, instead of spamming the controls. When getting into a rhythm, it becomes easier to chain from levels 1, 2 and 3.

The blog also discusses defensive controls and introduces the defensive slide feature. You will be able to attempt a dig steal, contest, and take a charge with the right stick. You will play against team specific defenses. So something that might work one night, won't work against a team that defends specific plays better on another night. You can adjust your team or specific individuals on the fly to come over the top of screens or go underneath, force players a certain direction, pressure the ball, post defense, double teams and more.

Make sure you read the entire blog here.

NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA Live 14 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 quehouston @ 11/01/13 10:51 PM
These custom defensive strategies are PERFECT. If we have the ability to set different gameplans for different teams in Dynasty.....oh my.

# 42 Jay Jay @ 11/01/13 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
The ball has complete tangibility with steals and the ball hitting the hand. Along with that, different players have different levels of on the run dribble moves. For example, Steve Blake and Kyrie Irving have different "On the run" in and out moves.
Is it possible players can loose the ball if it bounce outside the contact cage? Or what happens if I try to go to the next move before the ball make contact with the hand?

# 43 coolcras7 @ 11/01/13 11:07 PM
Quote:
The ball has complete tangibility with steals and the ball hitting the hand. Along with that, different players have different levels of on the run dribble moves. For example, Steve Blake and Kyrie Irving have different "On the run" in and out moves.
Do you see this as an issue as a result of the ball being completely tangible we have had games in the past and currently with that feature and we have seen people exploit it, how is Live 14 going to avoid this ?

# 44 tedus @ 11/01/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnate128x
I didn't see a whole lot of different animation dribble styles from player to player. I don't know who EA Sports is trying to kid...... They all looked like robots with plastic coating on their bodies. I'm trying to be positive about this game, but I just can't be at all. It doesn't look like it plays that good in the least. Maybe it'll be a little better than what I thought once it's released, but I highly doubt that.....
Come on!
Are you kidding me !
The dribble is awesome!
Big different comeparing with 2K!

# 45 Jay Jay @ 11/01/13 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirs
Nice to see spamming the charge button will be gone online. However for those that play with multiple users online I hope there is a defensive assist button and ability to manually set pics.
In my opinion a defensive assist button is weak, I would rather be rewarded for something I did than the cpu.

# 46 OGSPORTS @ 11/01/13 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Do you see this as an issue coming as a result of the ball being completely tangible we have had games in the past and currently with that feature and we have seen people exploit it, how is Live 14 going to avoid this ?
Like I mentioned on the Press Row, It's all about balance. I don't see it as a problem. I'm excited to hear your feedback on BounceTek when the game drops.

# 47 LakersForLife @ 11/01/13 11:18 PM
Doesn't seem talked about

# 48 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 11/01/13 11:21 PM
I have to say, the dribbling looks really nice. Can't wait to see real 5on5 to see how this plays out in a real situation.

# 49 qnzballa5 @ 11/01/13 11:22 PM
Was the ball even making contact with the floor on half of those dribbles?! 😂😂

# 50 Shakedowncapo @ 11/01/13 11:25 PM
I find it very disappointing that we get yet another video of dribbling, yet they couldn't dedicate video to the defensive options. That would have been great to see. Am I supposed to take them at their word that it works?

# 51 kolanji @ 11/01/13 11:28 PM
What I have heard so far is very impressive no doubt.... but I have heard no mentions of A player having a specific man to defend.... in other words can I put Tony Allen on lebron and not have to worry that Lebron moved to pf position, will let Tony still defend him and not the SF position Lebron was just playing?

# 52 OGSPORTS @ 11/01/13 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanji
What I have heard so far is very impressive no doubt.... but I have heard no mentions of A player having a specific man to defend.... in other words can I put Tony Allen on lebron and not have to worry that Lebron moved to pf position, will let Tony still defend him and not the SF position Lebron was just playing?
Yes, you also have the option for a player like Tony Allen to guard whoever you want.

# 53 mlp111 @ 11/01/13 11:35 PM
Until i actually see gameplay... i could care less what they are saying! Show me!

# 54 swac07 @ 11/01/13 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
I find it very disappointing that we get yet another video of dribbling, yet they couldn't dedicate video to the defensive options. That would have been great to see. Am I supposed to take them at their word that it works?

I agree

# 55 lakers24 @ 11/02/13 12:17 AM
Sounding real nice. I would LOVE if this works how it sounds, this is the type of thing that can change the way basketball games are played. I hope we get to see it before it drops because I want to have an idea of what it's like before I consider buying it.

# 56 kolanji @ 11/02/13 12:25 AM
Quote:
Yes, you also have the option for a player like Tony Allen to guard whoever you want.

U have my attention... and am listening
Only thing left to hear about now on the defense side and that is post defending...
So here goes...
Can u shadow defend an posting up player in the post?
Can take charge from the post?
Can u use hands up defense from the post?
Can u ball deny entry passes to the post, front post up players and box out?

# 57 El_Poopador @ 11/02/13 12:26 AM
Quote:
Like I mentioned on the Press Row, It's all about balance. I don't see it as a problem. I'm excited to hear your feedback on BounceTek when the game drops.
how does it work for example when dribbling in traffic? will there be contextual animations where the dribbler will keep the ball away from players feet and elbows etc. without needing user input?

# 58 BQ32 @ 11/02/13 12:52 AM
Huge positives: The Defensive settings and control really does sound amazing and could add a huge level of depth and strategy. Bouncetek sounds like it could really be a game changer and just plain fun with the sigs and branching into whatever you want to do. If defense is balanced well it can make for some really fun 1on1 battles and creativity coming off screens or in open space.
Negatives: Still this huge elephant in the room, where is the video of someone actually playing defense lol. It all sounds great so far, but I am concerned that the game is two weeks away and we have seen virtually nothing of real full-on gameplay. Also on the dribbling animations, the players are always hunched over which a player usually will only do if they are trying to set up their opponent or looking to explode with the dribble. Do they stand up straight when casually handling the ball up the court?

# 59 DirtyJerz32 @ 11/02/13 12:56 AM
Quote:
Thanks for taking time to answer some questions.

I have one for you that you'll probably not be able to answer. Everything is starting to come together, but when are we going to get some 5 on 5 gameplay froma playable camera?

# 60 RipCity71252 @ 11/02/13 01:34 AM
Props EA!

Been wanting these types of options on defense for a while now. But like most of you have said, it's all about the execution of these added details. If they do work thogh, I agree with bigeast...GAME CHANGER.

Excited to hear what they have in store for playcalling next week also. From the podcast with Scott a while back, he mentioned the system being free from flipping through pages of plays so it'll be interesting to see how that was achieved.

This synergy partnership could be big for EA. Hopefully they use it to not only update the D schemes but playbooks as well. So many new coaches this year, so it's going to be cool to see if they could do this for the community.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.