Home
NHL 15 News Post

Have NHL 15
? Want to know what others think of the game before you give it a buy? This is the place for you.

Once you've played the game, post your impressions here. If you have questions about the game, please post them in the Q&A thread. This thread is for impressions only.

What do you think of NHL 15 so far?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 gopher_guy @ 09/09/14 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Fellas, for those that want to tweak, the sliders are working. Haven't come across any that aren't.
Yeah I'm starting to play with them a little bit.

Seeing some very encouraging penalty numbers in my Be A GM. 3-4 penalties per team per game in the 3 I've played so far.

A lot of goals, though. Need to tune up the goalies or tune down the shooting.

# 82 Gerg04 @ 09/09/14 11:12 PM
For all its "short comings", and bs/removed content, the game is fun to play.

Is it SIM, hardcore, straight up NHL hockey? No. But it's fun. Hopefully I think that month's from now, but at this time I'm enjoying it. Loving the puck, loving the fact I can dump in and be effective (even if my AI is oblivious). Can't wait to get some more games in.

# 83 canucksss @ 09/09/14 11:30 PM
Finally my free game arrived (from my nephew who used to work with EA, his buddies there sent him a free copy in exchange to a game from the company he is now working with as game designer somewhere in Ca.). I only play BaGM and since in BAP you cant sim when you go to the bench which sucks big time. I didnt put other observations coz its already mentioned by other OS'rs.

BaGM - All-Star - Sim - 9 min/period (yea...like to put it in Hardcore but 1 year absence from EA NHL, plus my age, its hard to bring back the "skills" i have on my controller).

Adjust some sliders - max. penalty; max teammate penalty, Speed to +2, Fat. eff. +2, Fat rec. +3.

Played 2 regular games: vs Calgary and hosting Edmonton

Vs Calgary - 8-6 win by Calgary
Total shots - Van 30 - Cal 38
Total pen - Van 2 (hooking, slashing both by CPU teammates) - Cal 5 (tripping x2, slashing, interference, delay of game)

Vs Edmonton - 5-1 win by Edmonton
Total shots - Van 26 - Edmonton 42
Total Pen - Van 3 (tripping, interference, boarding *2 by me) - Edmonton 1 (tripping)

Positive:
- Layout of the screen - new and somehow i like it.....need to be used to it though
- Good riddance - improving your relationship with other GM
- Trading - comprehensive, you'll indicate how much salary you will pay in case you trade a player

Negative:
- No Create-A-Team - sucks big time for me. Since I like to move either CBJ, Coyotes to Seattle.
- Cant extend a contract of a player once you start your season
- UGLY goal celebration (scorer and 1 teammate celebrating and the rest are going back to the bench IS SO LAME!)
- Top Shelf easy to score
- Change of Lines - at times the players are not coming out of the ice even when tired.
- No player differentiation - I was not surprised..... Tom Sestito (Vancouver) can do lots of awesome dekes. And he scored 1 goal by outplaying and dekeing 2 players.....WOW he should be in Line 2 no?
- I did not notice Neutral Zone defense
- Part of the stick is missing especially if your near the board and skating with the puck
- In two games, both Doc and his partner wear same suits and tie - EA should have thought at least have them 3 different shirts and ties.
- Pregame introduction, very vague not team specific. I dont know as the BGM progress if that will change or not.
_*Addition - My Teammates, especially my D-pairings, are atrocious. I dont know is it because its the Canucks (lol) or poor CPU logic. I am controlling the D-man guarding the guy with a puck then it will be passed by to his teammates and score a 1-timer and my other d-man seems his mind is not in the game. No effort to block the pass. Other case, tried to be the d-man anticipating the pass all of a sudden the player carrying the puck will shoot top shelf...bingo!!! and my d-man did not do anything at all even a reaction of playing d.....very frustrating. I'll try to bump it to Hardcore but i dont know if that would solve this concern.

Personally, I will not buy this game at present price. Even for a brand new of $30.... gameplay is not enough for me. Its a complete package of gameplay AND features that are missing should be present out of the box. If EA will patch/tune, must be some tweaks that will add beauty to the game and not add what is supposed to be there.

I am very sure, EA and RAMMER were aware of these missing stuffs....if they were upfront like a month prior to the release....I'll be sympathetic for their cause. But not on this level.

I'll be selling this to Walmart this weekend. and if they asked me the receipt I will just say cant find it...hoping that they can give me $40 for it so I can divide it to my loving nephew.

# 84 bscbears99 @ 09/09/14 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Not sure how the post you quoted is any less of an impression than the one he quoted.

If he feels it isn't amazing does he not have the right to voice that opinion much in the same sense than those that think it is great do?
No where did I say he didnt. I didnt say his opinion was wrong did I? I just dont like people coming on these sites giving there opinion of something and someone saying no your wrong. If he likes it fine. If you dont fine.

# 85 Gagnon39 @ 09/09/14 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Fellas, for those that want to tweak, the sliders are working. Haven't come across any that aren't.
Pass accuracy doesn't seem to do much at all. And it appears that manual passing is completely broken.

# 86 gopher_guy @ 09/09/14 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Pass accuracy doesn't seem to do much at all. And it appears that manual passing is completely broken.
Yeah I don't feel like I'm controlling the speed or direction of my passes at all.

# 87 canucksss @ 09/09/14 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Yeah I don't feel like I'm controlling the speed or direction of my passes at all.
i guess one of the sliders that does not work in this game. Same issue for me in NHL 13...amazing that its still here in NG NHL 15.

# 88 Gagnon39 @ 09/09/14 11:59 PM
Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find where we can edit jersey numbers and captancies in Be A GM. I thought I read where we could do that, despite not being able to fully edit players. Niklas Hjalmarsson is wearing a visor. Ugh.

# 89 Elite49 @ 09/10/14 12:04 AM
Quote:
Am I missing something here? I can't seem to find where we can edit jersey numbers and captancies in Be A GM. I thought I read where we could do that, despite not being able to fully edit players. Niklas Hjalmarsson is wearing a visor. Ugh.
Its under one of the options to edit your team. Believe its on the screen before the settings and save screen.

My only issue with gameplay in this is, once again your A.I doesn't go for the pucks specifically the ones in corners. Then when they do, the other team is already there to greet you.

# 90 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite49
Its under one of the options to edit your team. Believe its on the screen before the settings and save screen.
Hmm. I'm really not seeing it. It's probably right in front of me. I see manage roster but all I can do there is call-up/send down players and edit lines.

# 91 gopher_guy @ 09/10/14 12:11 AM
Quote:
Hmm. I'm really not seeing it. It's probably right in front of me. I see manage roster but all I can do there is call-up/send down players and edit lines.
I know it's there.

It's the top right box on whatever screen it's on. Hold on, I'll look for it.

edit: Manage Rosters -> It's the top right box, all the way on the right hand side of the screen.

Roster Moves, Captains and Jerseys, Injury Report, Progress Reports.

# 92 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
I know it's there.

It's the top right box on whatever screen it's on. Hold on, I'll look for it.
It must be VERY well hidden, or I'm blind as a bat.

# 93 canucksss @ 09/10/14 12:12 AM
Quote:

My only issue with gameplay in this is, once again your A.I doesn't go for the pucks specifically the ones in corners. Then when they do, the other team is already there to greet you.
EVER SINCE that's the problem of EA NHL....hoping that they improved on it...but heck no.

# 94 bowld @ 09/10/14 12:12 AM
Loving this game. The new presentation and announcers are a big plus and gameplay is fun as ever. I typically only play gm or online head to head so the missing modes don't really bother me. Bottom line is the gameplay is just flat out fun

# 95 Elite49 @ 09/10/14 12:12 AM
Quote:
That is exactly where it is. Just turned mine off, but just double checked on Youtube and its under the Manage Rosters section then one of the things you can select within that menu itself.

Played 4 games, 2 close and 2 blown out. Both blow outs I lost was because the AI would not grab the puck, skate by it to allow other team to just grab it and pass in front of net for a quick goal. At least in other years, it wasn't almost always a guaranteed goal.

# 96 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 12:16 AM
Quote:
That is exactly where it is. Just turned mine off, but just double checked on Youtube and its under the Manage Rosters section then one of the things you can select within that menu itself.
I swear I must be blind. I can't find it ANYWHERE. Under manage rosters I have two large boxes. On the left is Edit Lines and the right is Roster Moves. I haven't found a way to edit jersey numbers in either of those screens. I'm going to feel really dumb when I find it... if it's there.

# 97 Elite49 @ 09/10/14 12:19 AM
Quote:
I swear I must be blind. I can't find it ANYWHERE. Under manage rosters I have two large boxes. On the left is Edit Lines and the right is Roster Moves. I haven't found a way to edit jersey numbers in either of those screens. I'm going to feel really dumb when I find it... if it's there.
You said BeAGM, did you sim to the first game of the season or play any of it yet?

# 98 Gagnon39 @ 09/10/14 12:20 AM
Quote:
You said BeAGM, did you sim to the first game of the season or play any of it yet?
I simmed the first game of the year. Yes. I'm wondering if there's some kind of setting or something that must be selected upon starting Be A GM to be able to do this. I swear I've looked everywhere and I can't find it. I'm not doubting you can do it as people would have no reason to lie about it.

# 99 Elite49 @ 09/10/14 12:22 AM
Quote:
I simmed the first game of the year. Yes.
Try backing out of the mode after saving then re-entering it. This may be a glitch because this is what it should look like.

http://youtu.be/4GsOvtGncj4?t=5m33s

# 100 gopher_guy @ 09/10/14 12:24 AM
Here's what I see under Manage Roster

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.