Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 jpdavis82 @ 07/11/15 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VdaStampede
I think people are just giving feedback not complaining per say. I like the upgrades, but I'd have to agree they seem out of place in a blog. Makes me skeptical that they don't really have much new to show us.

I get that plenty of people are amped for this game, but it's not fair to paint others as "complainers" simply for giving their opinion on what they've seen to this point.

Who would keep coming back to a forum like this if every post was: 'Yay love the additions EA can't wait to play the game!'
I wasn't saying they were complainers, just complaining about this specific thing, to me there's a difference, I'm just saying I wonder how many people that were complaining about that actually asked for these things last year.

# 242 Fist Of Kings @ 07/11/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I wonder how many people on here complaining about these small additions to presentation were upset about "living worlds" and the crowd being lifeless, no females, and cameramen wearing shorts in the snow. Obviously there are more issues to be addressed still, but these are things many on here were asking for them to work on after Madden 15 came out.
I complained about living worlds if you were talking about me, as I didn't feel like the sidelines were 'living' as advertised, like sideline players not moving out of the way and instead gliding in a kneeling position completely unaffected by players running full speed at them. But at the same time, I didn't think that meant the addition of female fans with foamfingers either.

For me, my gripes with madden 15's presentation was covered in my last post. I do like that they're finally addressing how players behave after the play, and some of the improvements do sound good. Hopefully, a video will be shown so that we can see this in action.

# 243 jpdavis82 @ 07/11/15 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I complained about living worlds if you were talking about me, as I didn't feel like the sidelines were 'living' as advertised, like sideline players not moving out of the way and instead gliding in a kneeling position completely unaffected by players running full speed at them. But at the same time, I didn't think that meant the addition of female fans with foamfingers either.

For me, my gripes with madden 15's presentation was covered in my last post. I do like that they're finally addressing how players behave after the play, and some of the improvements do sound good. Hopefully, a video will be shown so that we can see this in action.
Yeah I definitely hope they release a video showing this stuff in game, some it doesn't translate too well in text.

# 244 Sheba2011 @ 07/12/15 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel4Reel
First of all, I wouldnt take EA's word for it. They make terrible excuses for everything. Perhaps it is true....but it doesnt excuse tons of other things that they make pitiful excuses for. On top of which, I have no idea why the NFL would have issues with THAT of all things.

Secondly, stand up to them? LMAO...huh? In the end, its an NFL product and they have a say in things. If EA stands up to them, they risk losing the NFL license....and for that reason, I hope they do stand up to them.

Seriously though...I dont really buy that the NFL is the barrier there, but I have no way of proving it, so whatever.
Would this be the same NFL that fines players for wearing headphones in interviews that don't belong to their sponsors? Yea they don't operate with an iron fist on anything...

# 245 Sheba2011 @ 07/12/15 02:46 AM
Quote:
I wonder how many people on here complaining about these small additions to presentation were upset about "living worlds" and the crowd being lifeless, no females, and cameramen wearing shorts in the snow. Obviously there are more issues to be addressed still, but these are things many on here were asking for them to work on after Madden 15 came out.
People who complained about certain features last year this year are going with the line "why should I be happy about that, it should have been there all along" or something to that effect.

# 246 jpdavis82 @ 07/12/15 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
People who complained about certain features last year this year are going with the line "why should I be happy about that, it should have been there all along" or something to that effect.
That mindset will lead to disappointment every time, no matter what they do. People also want them to do innovative things and so they try this beyond broadcast or dynamic drive goals and people complain they aren't being authentic enough. If authenticity is what we want then it will just be replicating what's already been done whether it's on tv or in another game already. If creativity and innovation is what we want, then it won't be "authentic". There's not much new and innovative about a game that's trying to replicate something that's already been done. IMO putting steadicams on the sidelines and in the middle of the field, adding this draft champions mode is probably two of the most innovative things that have been done in a sports game in a long time.

# 247 CMH @ 07/12/15 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Ugh more disappointment.

REALLY do not like the direction their going in here. With this whole super zoomed in stuff where it pretty much forces you to notice something. I can not stand the super zoomed in replays where you can't even seen what's going on. This isn't NFL Fims 16. This is Madden NFL 16. We should be getting things as they appear in real life.

[Snip]

I don't like the new stat thing were it pops up besides players. I don't see that on TV why should I see it on something that is supposed to simulate the NFL? It just reminds me I'm playing madden.
Regarding your second point, I think those stat overlays will be in broadcast presentations soon. Sometimes they need video games to do it to see how effective it could be.

I would welcome small stats popping up next to players at times while watching a live broadcast.

Re the zoomed in replays. I'm with you here but I disagree it's a bad thing if it's NFL Films-esque.

That's probably the best case scenario. So long as the zoomed in replays cover what's important, I want it.

If it's a zoomed in replay of the running back and I can't see the action around him, it's garbage. Older Madden ' s did that and I think it's what you're fearing this one will do.

But if it's zooming in on actual action, why should we focus on limitations when video games can bring us closer?

sent from my mobile device

# 248 DeuceDouglas @ 07/12/15 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
But if it's zooming in on actual action, why should we focus on limitations when video games can bring us closer?
It's just my opinion but closer doesn't always equal better. I think the zoomed in stuff can be great but I feel that it's far more effective as a compliment than a feature because it doesn't tell the "story" of the play I guess you'd call it. That's why I'd like see them nail all the basic stuff before they start trying to go beyond. I'd like to see more replay sequences like this:

Just a couple other things but I'd like to see some kind of replay slider that adjusts the frequency as well. Also, I saw someone else mention it but I too wonder whether things like the 4th quarter comebacks stat will add up over time and be correct of if incoming guys will forever be zero. And then when it comes to CFM, they need to make sure when you're starting a season and they show the kick returner or QB's, that they show the previous season's stats or preseason stats if they're a rookie or something other than straight zeroes.

# 249 SageInfinite @ 07/12/15 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It's just my opinion but closer doesn't always equal better. I think the zoomed in stuff can be great but I feel that it's far more effective as a compliment than a feature because it doesn't tell the "story" of the play I guess you'd call it. That's why I'd like see them nail all the basic stuff before they start trying to go beyond. I'd like to see more replay sequences like this:
Exactly. My main issue with Tiburon. They try to go beyond things they haven't even nailed. This reaches across almost every area in the game.

# 250 Aggies7 @ 07/12/15 04:52 PM
I agree with CMH. I really do see these stat pop ups coming to Fox or CBS soon. I think Fox already uses them pre-play.

As for the getting closer to action I disagree. The closer the camera angle the less of the play you can see developing (whether it be live or replay). Just my opinion.

# 251 CT Pitbull @ 07/12/15 09:25 PM
Im just happy to FINALLY see some improvements and effort put in to the "Living Worlds" feature we were promised 2 years ago. We'll see how well they pull it off and how these camera angles mesh together soon.

Its a start. At least EA didnt just ignore this area completely.

# 252 Madwolf @ 07/12/15 11:23 PM
I will say the "living worlds" stuff is pretty awesome. The NHL crowds feel really awesome as it is, and they apparently got much better in NHL 16 as well.

# 253 darknmild @ 07/13/15 04:13 AM
Quote:
Yes, this was at Atlanta
good find homie

# 254 DeuceDouglas @ 07/13/15 01:48 PM
One thing I'd like to see come back was the blimp shots of the stadium. That was one of my favorite things from M12 and I thought they looked great on last-gen and with the graphics where they're at now would look even better.

Spoiler

# 255 munky1307 @ 07/13/15 02:34 PM
Quote:
One thing I'd like to see come back was the blimp shots of the stadium. That was one of my favorite things from M12 and I thought they looked great on last-gen and with the graphics where they're at now would look even better.

Spoiler

Forgot how good this looked even on old gen. Would love for them to bring this back even if it were just for Primetime games to differentiate them. Great broadcast element.

# 256 SageInfinite @ 07/13/15 04:03 PM
Quote:

Spoiler
Yeah now they have that stupid looking futuristic stadium construction crap. The blimp shots were awesome. Alot of things I liked in Madden 12 are now gone, reduced, or haven't been touched since then.

I know they'll say it wasn't under this teams reign, but good elements are good elements. This team hasn't necessarily slacked, but I'd love it if they picked up the pace.

# 257 DeuceDouglas @ 07/13/15 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by munky1307
Forgot how good this looked even on old gen. Would love for them to bring this back even if it were just for Primetime games to differentiate them. Great broadcast element.
I agree. I went back and watched some old M12 games and that game had some really nice elements. They had the National Anthem and flyovers during playoff games and I think the intro music could definitely be used for some kind of primetime game intro as well. The team intros were way too repetitive but the player intros were pretty cool and if expanded upon could be really great for playoff games.

# 258 SageInfinite @ 07/13/15 04:27 PM
I really want them to amp up the presentation for the playoffs as well. They have the superbowl, which is cool(still alot more could be done), but at least they have some separate presentation. The playoffs just feel like regular games as of now.

I love it when devs make the playoffs feels special. There's a certain energy that needs to be injected into the games.

# 259 jpdavis82 @ 07/13/15 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I really want them to amp up the presentation for the playoffs as well. They have the superbowl, which is cool(still alot more could be done), but at least they have some separate presentation. The playoffs just feel like regular games as of now.

I love it when devs make the playoffs feels special. There's a certain energy that needs to be injected into the games.
I don't know how this will translate exactly, but I know that more teams have towels in the Playoffs in M16.

# 260 SageInfinite @ 07/13/15 06:46 PM
Quote:
I don't know how this will translate exactly, but I know that more teams have towels in the Playoffs in M16.
I hope next year they could actually add a playoff mode. I know they added draft champions but just an actual playoff mode where you can set up your own version, or maybe from last year's, whatever, with a separate presentation. Having it be a seperate mode they can advertise gives them reason to actually work on it and put more time into it. It would be nice for people who don't want to play CFM.

The crowd noise should be maxed out, fans should be way more in tune to whats happening on the field, sidelines should be more amped up, and commentary should be more exciting. Maybe give us super zoomed in second replays for playoffs games, like the "NBCee it" feature they do on tv. Maybe more dramatic camera angels. It should just feel like a different experience.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.