Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Hova57 @ 07/09/15 09:36 PM
If u got spotify u can play that while u play on ps4

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 142 green94 @ 07/09/15 10:30 PM
Another year of lifeless sidelines... Sigh.

I like all of the other improvements but head tracking and players on the sidelines reacting to play on the field would go a long way.

# 143 jpdavis82 @ 07/09/15 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
Another year of lifeless sidelines... Sigh.

I like all of the other improvements but head tracking and players on the sidelines reacting to play on the field would go a long way.
No reason they can't have the sidelines have head tracking next year because the players and crowds have it now.

# 144 mastershake88 @ 07/09/15 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.
I got mine preordered. Did they every say anything about gametickers? and halftime shows?

# 145 mastershake88 @ 07/09/15 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberRudy25
I do realzie if the majority of fans wanted a 2nd Broadcast with weekly wrap up and sports ticker. It would be in the game. Not enough people fans, die hard are asking for this feature. If the don't want to make it in the game They should make us a cool app and website and presentation game for 19.99 that does the sports ticker, Highlight games to the ESPN network and does weekly recap and draft and free agency with radio show and magaizines and social. That way us die hard fan would pay 20 bucks for the upgrade and feature. WIN WIN,, And other fans that dont want doesnt have to purchase it.
It's been asked for years...years. honestly, like my banner and custom championship trophy it's on the low end of the totem pole. I remember back in the day madden 02 had tickers. But idn. I'm too old to focus on a game lol it is what it is.

# 146 poulka @ 07/09/15 11:37 PM
At redsox4ever I'm not referring to what you were talking about with custom soundtracks. But in regards to things that were in madden during ps2 original Xbox era. Customs sounds are not my issue with madden. But I for once want see some individually with madden. For example lighting ever game should not have the same lighting. A game could have mix of clouds or clouds moving across the sky. A September game should not look like a December with only difference being breath coming from players. I have been a madden fan since 94 showing my age, but it is time spruce it up. Don't get me wrong I liked madden 15 a lot but it could be so much more. Sorry redsox4ever I was not calling out you. But others here, have used that excuse for other issues with madden. (An example my pet peeve players pro bowl helmets) it was stated several times on previous gen that they could not handle that because of rendering. I didn't buy that because it was ps2, features that those consoles could handle should have been a priority to get in. With our current consoles I don't think us as consumers should settle for laziness from game dev. I just don't want that to repeat itself because these consoles have plenty of upside to them. Sorry for my rant, but no attack on you redsox4ever because you are one of my FIFA buddies

# 147 bxphenom7 @ 07/09/15 11:53 PM
Good improvements, but still baby steps. Always baby steps smh.

# 148 msdm27 @ 07/10/15 01:23 AM
"Drive starters" are likely linked to drive goals, so I wouldn't really expect something very immersive. It will likely be like this:

Drive goal: Get 40 rushing yds with LeSean McCoy

Nantz: well Phil, what do you think the Bills need to do on this drive

Phil: you know Jim, eeeeeeeeem, I think if the Bills manage to give the ball to eeeeeeeem Shady eeeeeem McCoy, specifically around 40 yds, eeeeeem I think then they'll have a successful drive.

# 149 msdm27 @ 07/10/15 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
A small thing I notice which looks like is still missing is player name banners. After a big play or even a touchdown player names don't appear on the screen anywhere, and it looks like the name does not show up on the new instant stat banners for players either.
I know its a small thing but sometimes if a player makes a big play it's hard to tell who they are if they aren't a popular player or if the name on the back of the jersey isn't shown.
This is true! One of the coolest things, visually, about MLB The Show is how when you're in batting view, you can see the scoreboard behind center field with real-time stats.

It'd be cool if Madden had add stat-pop ups to the scoreboards on stadiums and used their new cut-away scenes to showcase those (and their new crowd models) between plays.

# 150 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
A small thing I notice which looks like is still missing is player name banners. After a big play or even a touchdown player names don't appear on the screen anywhere, and it looks like the name does not show up on the new instant stat banners for players either.
I know its a small thing but sometimes if a player makes a big play it's hard to tell who they are if they aren't a popular player or if the name on the back of the jersey isn't shown.
Um the players name appears on the score banner after plays in Madden 15, not sure what you mean. It definitely appears in 16 too.

# 151 jpdavis82 @ 07/10/15 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdm27
"Drive starters" are likely linked to drive goals, so I wouldn't really expect something very immersive. It will likely be like this:

Drive goal: Get 40 rushing yds with LeSean McCoy

Nantz: well Phil, what do you think the Bills need to do on this drive

Phil: you know Jim, eeeeeeeeem, I think if the Bills manage to give the ball to eeeeeeeem Shady eeeeeem McCoy, specifically around 40 yds, eeeeeem I think then they'll have a successful drive.
Nope nothing like that, Kolbe even talked about it in one of his videos how it would sound stupid if it was like that. You can hear the drive starters in a few of the E3 videos, definitely titans giants for one.

In this video at 3:34 you can hear the beginning of one of the drive starters, talking about Steelers defense

http://youtu.be/VPgON4iXWME

And here at 11:45, 13:46, 14:38, 18:46, 21:17, 27:54
http://youtu.be/oXLyYtb_dHQ

# 152 brza37 @ 07/10/15 06:25 AM
JP, could you get confirmation whether all the presentation features will be available in head-to-head CFM games? By that, I also mean features from M15 that weren't discussed in this blog, like Pre-Game and Half-time presentation.

# 153 Junior Moe @ 07/10/15 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea we said earlier that the PS4 just added the feature earlier this year. And I'm not a programmer either so I don't know why it can't happen. But before I think you always had to go straight from the console. But with the X1 can you save them anywhere because I think that could be the issue but I have no idea really. I'm just throwing out ideas.
No. You cant save them on the console itself. I put an 8gb thumb drive in with Ronyells (I think) NBA 2k12 sounds on it to test it out and everything sounds fine. I don't see why we couldn't just use that as the source and have the games pull from that. When it was announced I though it meant that we would have a way to get our music back into our games. Sony and MS need to just open these things back up so that devs can utilize it like before. We b#### about games removing features, MS and Sony are pulling some bull on us too. LOL

# 154 Junior Moe @ 07/10/15 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VdaStampede
some games even had a feature that let you stream music from your computer. why isn't that an option?
Yeah man that would be a great option as well. I'm not a fan of streaming music but I would do it in a flash it's our only option.

# 155 DeuceDouglas @ 07/10/15 06:57 AM
The thing I don't like about the commentary is that it doesn't sound like commentary, it sounds way too scripted. Obviously it's going to always sound somewhat scripted because it is but it shouldn't be too hard to make it sound less scripted than it does just by creating better lines and making sure they don't repeat too much. MVP 2005 from a substance standpoint didn't really have good commentary at all, but it for the most part sounded really natural and unless Krukow would repeat the exact same thing twice in back to back sequences or say something completely stupid, it always sounded pretty good or at least natural.

I don't really pay attention to the commentary too much but just watching the Steelers-Browns vid there's instances where it makes itself more noticeable than it needs to be and I think that's what creates problems. Good commentary should just flow and and not stick out and but it seems like they put lines that are almost like "hey, you're supposed to be paying attention to this so listen" and IMO those are the worst lines. There's also issues with there being too much dead space and when they use player names. Overall I don't think it's really that bad but I don't really pay attention to it that much and I'm not really bothered by it either way but I still think there's a lot of area for improvement there.

# 156 green94 @ 07/10/15 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
No reason they can't have the sidelines have head tracking next year because the players and crowds have it now.
I would have thought more focus would have been placed on the sidelines since they are more visible. Don't get me wrong, the fact that they are following up on their promise of living worlds gives me hope that one day they will give the sidelines the attention they deserve.

Any conversations about additional presentation features like Refs tossing their flags on penalties and whether or not they plan on adding the Orange first down markers on the field?

# 157 TDYRX @ 07/10/15 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

I know it may be a small thing, but as a Cowboys fan who lives in Pittsburgh, its AWESOME to see Terrible Towels in Cincy. Anybody that pays any attention to the AFC North knows that those things damn near fill up the Browns, Bengals and Ravens stadiums. That in and of itself increases the immersion factor at least a little to me. Hopefully Jerry World isn't filled with Texans fans when we play Houston

# 158 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I don't wanna dwell on this point but I'm just saying that Live 16 will have you scanning your face in the game with a cellphone. I think if stadium sounds was a big enough priority they could figure it out. It doesn't have to involve ripping CDs to your hdd. We have that article up about innovation becoming a thing of the past for sports games. One thing for sure is that innovation doesn't start by taking no for an answer.
Why is this directed at EA though? Like I said..."no one has figured this out yet". The Show hasnt even figured out how to do this and it is a Sony created game. I'm not aware of a single game on the X1 or PS4 that lets you access and customize music on a HD. The reason being the current architecture of each system doesnt allow you to do that (I hear that a recent update to the X1 may permit this).

Also this is another case of this community thinking that its requests are in line with what the majority of players want. The problem is it isnt. Look, I am the biggest advocate for adding custom soundtracks to games. I have THOUSANDS of music files on my computer that I used for the Show, NHL, WWE, NBA2k and NCAA Football. All of those files are pretty much useless because none of those games support next gen.

But I also realize that the people who use this feature are pretty small in numbers compared to the total audience for those games. ****, most of the people on OS dont even use those features on last gen.

You are asking EA to spend man hours looking for a workaround for a feature that most people dont use instead of using those hours to create or improve features that more people may actually use? That doesnt make sense.

# 159 fredo5020 @ 07/10/15 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sectiona21
Pure disappointment again from EA.

Another year of ignoring the community and trying to hype up a bunch of garbage.

A purchase of this is highly doubtful.
My thoughts exactly I bet 98% of this **** won't work

# 160 aholbert32 @ 07/10/15 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
No. You cant save them on the console itself. I put an 8gb thumb drive in with Ronyells (I think) NBA 2k12 sounds on it to test it out and everything sounds fine. I don't see why we couldn't just use that as the source and have the games pull from that. When it was announced I though it meant that we would have a way to get our music back into our games. Sony and MS need to just open these things back up so that devs can utilize it like before. We b#### about games removing features, MS and Sony are pulling some bull on us too. LOL
I agree. Thats the reason we cant use custom sounds on the Show is because Sony's architecture doesnt allow you to use thumb drives or move music from a thumbdrive to the HD.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.