Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has just posted their Madden NFL 16 presentation details. Madden fans will see "On the Field" cameras, which really get close to the action, during their biggest moments. Whether that be touchdowns, sacks or trash talking. They have also added a new Wirecam, which is similar to a broadcast Wirecam, but much better, since it is positioned right next to the QB.

Improving the crowds was one of the many improvements for Living Worlds. You will see crowd props, including rally towels for the stadiums that feature them, fan signs, foam fingers and female fans in the game. Crowd signs will be team specific, and you will see fans head track the action on the field. The stadium atmosphere has been improved with team specific chants and fight songs.

Everyone in the crowd and on the sidelines will wear official apparel from the NFL shop. This includes jackets, long sleeves, winter hats, and other weather-appropriate gear. Speaking of weather-appropriate gear, you won't see any members of the media wearing shorts or kneeling in the snow this year, you will see them in their appropriate colored media vests.

The Steadicam operator cameraman will be seen in various places during the game. He will actually come out on the field and get an ISO closeup shot after touchdowns. Some of the post play action shots will be seen from his vantage point.

Quote:
Post-play behaviors continues to get a huge push with more signature celebrations and related content, as well as the addition of opposing team post-play interactions. There was a big focus on cleaning up behavior after the play, including pile avoidance, how players decelerate, and how/when they react with one another. The team also added new animations for when players are frustrated with whomever is on the other side of the line.

All-new “Drive Starters” add more context and storytelling to our commentary this year. Drive Starters take place on each change of possession, and provide storytelling commentary and visuals to highlight key performances and game trends. With more than 200 unique story types and hundreds of commentary improvements, Drive Starters tell the story of a game like never before.

On the audio side, the team went to great lengths to ensure Madden NFL 16 is the best-sounding game in franchise history. The return of EA Trax allowed us to implement several new events to play in stadiums during games, and new IR Reverb tech gives each stadium a whole new feel.

Read more about the Madden NFL 16 presentations here.

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jmurphy31 @ 07/09/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It all sounds pretty good to me actually but I wish they'd elaborated a bit more about stats overlays. They really need to figure out a way that the user doesn't hit the main button and skip them. Why not just assign it to another button or have it in a specific place on the screen where it doesn't ever get skipped.

It's quite aggravating to think "wow such and such is having a killer day.." And a stats overlay pops up right about that time and you just hit the x button to get to the playful screen and skip the very overlay that you wanted to see...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've been saying the same thing the past few years. I'm trying to make defensive adjustments as the CPU is at the line or I hit a button to get through the third replay and I don't get to see the stat banner. Frustrates me.

# 122 kehlis @ 07/09/15 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
This may sound stupid but I want to see these female fans just because the Madden art team has always been horrible at creating females. In the past they have made some of the most horrid looking cheerleaders ever seen.
When were there cheerleaders in Madden?

# 123 redsox4evur @ 07/09/15 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
Some decent additions, but nothing overly exciting. I'm growing really tired of mediocre madden. Some mentioned console limitation. I'm really tired of that poor excuse. Let's not open that can of worms I have seen games early in these console lives that are pushing these consoles and have moving parts then madden. I want dynamic weather, team specific pro bowl helmets. Gameplay i will hold off on until I see later game builds and footage. This is the nfl and the show has more aesthetic details that madden. Football has two unique combinations movement and some pretty moments. These are details of equipment, uniforms, and degradation of fields and uniforms. I also reserve comments on commentary as well. I don't weekly show like from nfl2k, but I want to see stories from injuries, weather, and what teams should accomplish.
How is it an excuse if the technology isn't on both systems? It wouldn't make sense for a company like EA to have custom sounds or tracks on the PS4 and alienate the X1 market because the X1 doesn't have this technology on the system.

# 124 Skyboxer @ 07/09/15 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Madden 12 had them..Not sure about others

Spoiler

# 125 DeuceDouglas @ 07/09/15 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
I've been saying the same thing the past few years. I'm trying to make defensive adjustments as the CPU is at the line or I hit a button to get through the third replay and I don't get to see the stat banner. Frustrates me.
This is why I also absolutely hate the play call menu and how it works as well. I don't know how many times I would go to skip through a replay and end up choosing a play.

# 126 DeuceDouglas @ 07/09/15 08:45 PM
Quote:
The old Xbox era Madden's had them at halftime and I believe on the sidelines during games as well.

# 127 Aggies7 @ 07/09/15 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
do steeler fans bring their rally towels to away games? Notice all the rally towels in the bengals stadium?

"Terrible Towel"....Yes. Saw plenty in Denver a few years ago, but they usually stop waving them after 80 yards TD passes in OT.

# 128 brandon27 @ 07/09/15 08:53 PM
Some nice improvements from an immersion standpoint. However, it's not what I was expecting by "presentation details".

Bunch of little things here, but they will go quite a good way to making things seem more involved, and interesting, and like you're in an NFL Sunday type environment. So, I'm all for that.

# 129 berad88 @ 07/09/15 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
"Terrible Towel"....Yes. Saw plenty in Denver a few years ago, but they usually stop waving them after 80 yards TD passes in OT.
By a quaterback that people say can't even throw accurate passes.

# 130 qchris1 @ 07/09/15 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
Some decent additions, but nothing overly exciting. I'm growing really tired of mediocre madden. Some mentioned console limitation. I'm really tired of that poor excuse. Let's not open that can of worms I have seen games early in these console lives that are pushing these consoles and have moving parts then madden. I want dynamic weather, team specific pro bowl helmets. Gameplay i will hold off on until I see later game builds and footage. This is the nfl and the show has more aesthetic details that madden. Football has two unique combinations movement and some pretty moments. These are details of equipment, uniforms, and degradation of fields and uniforms. I also reserve comments on commentary as well. I don't weekly show like from nfl2k, but I want to see stories from injuries, weather, and what teams should accomplish.
Team specific pro bowl helmets is something I've always wanted back in the game!

# 131 therealsmallville @ 07/09/15 08:55 PM
Quote:

Madden 05 had the worst ones...yikes lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 132 kehlis @ 07/09/15 08:57 PM
Thanks guys, I don't remember any cheerleaders ever lol. Couldn't have been too memorable.

# 133 therealsmallville @ 07/09/15 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
How is it an excuse if the technology isn't on both systems? It wouldn't make sense for a company like EA to have custom sounds or tracks on the PS4 and alienate the X1 market because the X1 doesn't have this technology on the system.

To be fair, 2K5 on Xbox had custom soundtracks and halftime / postgame highlights while the PS2 version only got still shots. So it's not unprecedented.

However, I do agree, with EA the only football maker in town they will definitely want parity among consoles.

# 134 Brooklynbks4 @ 07/09/15 09:01 PM
Drive starters has me intrigued will be something different for the series. Hoping it won't get to stale after a while especially in CCM. But great news as far as continuing to improve the atmosphere of the game. Now give me the game already!!!!!!!!!

# 135 Aggies7 @ 07/09/15 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qchris1
Team specific pro bowl helmets is something I've always wanted back in the game!

Would be a great addition don't get me wrong, I would love to see it. But I would think that would be pretty far down their priority list as its a game that happens once a year and isn't the Super Bowl. Even the NFL seems to be downgrading the Pro Bowl.

Plus in my opinion, if they are going to work on a once a year game, they still have a ways to go Super Bowl presentation.

# 136 redsox4evur @ 07/09/15 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsmallville
To be fair, 2K5 on Xbox had custom soundtracks and halftime / postgame highlights while the PS2 version only got still shots. So it's not unprecedented.

However, I do agree, with EA the only football maker in town they will definitely want parity among consoles.

Yes we understand that 2K5 and NCAA 14 had custom stadium sounds. But what game on the PS4 or X1 has custom stadium sounds? There isn't one because the PS4 just added the function earlier this year and the X1 hasn't added the function yet.

# 137 CyberRudy25 @ 07/09/15 09:08 PM
I do realzie if the majority of fans wanted a 2nd Broadcast with weekly wrap up and sports ticker. It would be in the game. Not enough people fans, die hard are asking for this feature. If the don't want to make it in the game They should make us a cool app and website and presentation game for 19.99 that does the sports ticker, Highlight games to the ESPN network and does weekly recap and draft and free agency with radio show and magaizines and social. That way us die hard fan would pay 20 bucks for the upgrade and feature. WIN WIN,, And other fans that dont want doesnt have to purchase it.

# 138 therealsmallville @ 07/09/15 09:15 PM
Quote:
Yes we understand that 2K5 and NCAA 14 had custom stadium sounds. But what game on the PS4 or X1 has custom stadium sounds? There isn't one because the PS4 just added the function earlier this year and the X1 hasn't added the function yet.

Um...you asked why EA would put the feature on one but not the other. I was just saying it's not unprecedented for a company to do so. Calm down lol

# 139 Junior Moe @ 07/09/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
I don't think either system has mp3 ripping yet. But the XB1 does have the ability to play mp3s from an external drive. Not sure about the PS4 as I don't have one. I'm no programmer but I fail to see why music/sounds couldn't just be pulled from that source (instead of the console itself) and be utilized in games.

# 140 redsox4evur @ 07/09/15 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I don't think either system has mp3 ripping yet. But the XB1 does have the ability to play mp3s from an external drive. Not sure about the PS4 as I don't have one. I'm no programmer but I fail to see why music/sounds couldn't just be pulled from that source (instead of the console itself) and be utilized in games.
Yea we said earlier that the PS4 just added the feature earlier this year. And I'm not a programmer either so I don't know why it can't happen. But before I think you always had to go straight from the console. But with the X1 can you save them anywhere because I think that could be the issue but I have no idea really. I'm just throwing out ideas.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.