Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 16 is available now for EA Access subscribers. To start the download process, open up the EA Access hub, scroll over to Madden NFL 16, click View in Store and download the trial.

NOTE: It appears as though it isn't showing up for everyone in the EA Access hub. If you don’t see Madden NFL 16 in the hub, try searching for it in the Store, then download the trial.

For those of you that can download it, play a few games and let us know what you think!

REMINDER: You get 10 hours of gameplay, so make sure you exit out of the game if you are not playing. Don't pause and lose those precious minutes.

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 jhoff80 @ 08/21/15 12:53 AM
Is there really no way to change the play selection to the 'legacy' face buttons this year? I mean, I know it makes way more sense for Y/X/A selection, but it's definitely screwing up my muscle memory. Last year after changing it they at least gave us the option for either way.

# 202 Skyhook71 @ 08/21/15 12:56 AM
Took forever and a day for me to dL M16. Got to play at about 86% installed and could only choose the Steelers and the Cards for a game now. everything was smooth and played rezlly nice. Nothing seemed to be missing except the gold NFL shields and 50s on the field. surprising beca7ee IMHO i felt that the grass really looks great this year.

On AP Palmer had a good game while i was terribe with Roths. I was 1/9 by the time I finally made my first completion, but I blame the new system (just bought xbox1) while learning the new feel and controls for M16.

Lost 14 to 0 with only 44yards, -3 rushing, and 1 giveaway ino. 23% comp.
Cards walked away with 88yds, 45rushing, 7.5 avg. 1td, 66.6% comp.
low stats for 4min qrts because I was being cheap with my 10hours. lol

Today was a better gam3day as I won 15-14 with the Titans over the Rams. player vs player. We both threwlot of pickx and earned a couple achievements. We were both enjoying the game even though we were playing like rookies on AM.

# 203 Skyhook71 @ 08/21/15 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp23
Anybody have issues with ea servers, can't connect. been two days
I had no problems at all. M16 downloaded very slow when I started as soon as it went live on posts here. (6pm CT) and it lingered for atleast an hour at 94%. (2-3am CT) while Titanfall, BF4 downloaded quite fast for me. 45mins each.

# 204 dkp23 @ 08/21/15 01:09 AM
ea servers so buggy, will randomly go out and say not connected anymore.

# 205 Jrocc23 @ 08/21/15 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
So does the CPU qb throw more deep balls? That's always been my pet peeve, how they always dump the ball short

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

They definitely do on my end. They used to only throw slants and things like that before. But I guess EA paid attention a little more and fixed that because of what the game is marketed on and that's the WR/DB interactions mainly on deep balls.

Like I said before, it's fun playing CB, but I believe when my offense gets on the field and I have to sim, it's something going on. My offense rarely does anything. It's usually always a 3 and out. You have your occasional scoring, but something is really up. They barely keep the chains moving. Hopefully, it gets addressed. Talked to a few people about it and they were saying the same thing.

# 206 GOBLUE_08 @ 08/21/15 01:41 AM
Loving it so far, the WR/DB interactions is a game changer for sure. My only complaint at this point is that the sound is lagging when Phil is talking and the crowd is amped up. Sounds kinda like light sabers clashing lol. I've only played a half but I'm impressed.

# 207 jpdavis82 @ 08/21/15 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBLUE_08
Loving it so far, the WR/DB interactions is a game changer for sure. My only complaint at this point is that the sound is lagging when Phil is talking and the crowd is amped up. Sounds kinda like light sabers clashing lol. I've only played a half but I'm impressed.

Not noticing any of this lag in gameplay or audio on my copy, must be something with EA Access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 208 GOBLUE_08 @ 08/21/15 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Not noticing any of this lag in gameplay or audio on my copy, must be something with EA Access.

Could very well be. The intro sequence was really choppy and pixelated during some of the cuts but cleared up during the actual gameplay. Then I got booted from online once the game was over. Haven't noticed it since though

# 209 unBEARable @ 08/21/15 07:53 AM
Are there any Pass Interference Penalties when set to 100?

# 210 aholbert32 @ 08/21/15 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable

I've seen pi penalties called with it set to 70.

# 211 Kayotick @ 08/21/15 11:02 AM
Here are some impressions after one franchise game, keep in mind I am a very casual player. I don't put a ton of time into the game as I will normally play one or two season games a week throughout the regular season. I do not play online.

To start I am not very skilled as play on Pro by default. This being said running the ball for me is going to be a challenge. I found it much harder and it's going to take some practice for me if I want to be able to get any type of success. I usually play 7 min Quarters with Acc. Clock down to 15 seconds.

In my one game I finished with about 275 yards passing and 12 yards rushing. I just kept getting stuffed each time I ran the ball. I did squeeze out a victory against the Cowboys but it was really close 17-13.

I think the new passing controls are awesome. They really add a sense of strategy to each play. One time I ended up hitting aggressive catch by accident when I should have hit possession and the computer really made me pay for it. They went up and jarred the ball out and it darn near got intercepted.

# 212 Hunkerdown @ 08/21/15 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unBEARable
I set penalties all at 60. And had 18 penalties called in game!! All kind of penalties called including PI on defense and offense! Defensive holding!! Encroaching! False starts! Holding! Facemask! Illegal block ! Roughing passer! Its all there. And sliders work! [emoji3]

# 213 fitz2k2 @ 08/21/15 11:34 AM
Quick question. I just download m16 from ea access trial and only thing I can play on there is play now/superbowl and rest are features are locked.why is that?Did I do something wrong or something?

# 214 xa0wnerx @ 08/21/15 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitz2k2
Quick question. I just download m16 from ea access trial and only thing I can play on there is play now/superbowl and rest are features are locked.why is that?Did I do something wrong or something?
gotta let it finish up downloading

# 215 zrohman @ 08/21/15 11:48 AM
I'm loving this game so far. I played a friend in madden 15 over 20 times. Only beat him once.

I played him twice in madden 16 and I'm 1-1. He constantly stuffed me in the run last year.. I had a good consistent game. He's a great passer but I managed 4 ints and won a close game.

Franchise fantasy draft menus are amazing. So smooth and look great.

Graphics are the same... Until you zoom. Way more face scans and players look way better. Players aren't just doing the bernie every first down.

Having a diverse soundtrack is GREAT. I alway hads love madden soundtracks. Glad it's back.

Negatives:

Stale commentary. We need new well known commentators, and fresh commentary.

Maybe it's just me but players like AP seem to have a lack of acceleration. I don't sense an explosiveness.

Player movement still is a little stiff looking

QB footwork and movement could look smoother

I wish I had a better explanation with the controls. Even in the settings it's vague. The QB rollout, scrambling, etc are even complex. I would like a better explanation so I don't waste my trial doing drills

# 216 fitz2k2 @ 08/21/15 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xa0wnerx
gotta let it finish up downloading
Ohh thanks

# 217 ODogg @ 08/21/15 12:29 PM
Either I've gotten older and much crappier at Madden or the AI is much better on All-Pro but my first 10 hours I won 2 games and lost 10. For my second 10 hours (yes I'm buying another 10) I am going to play on Pro I think..

# 218 sportdan30 @ 08/21/15 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Either I've gotten older and much crappier at Madden or the AI is much better on All-Pro but my first 10 hours I won 2 games and lost 10. For my second 10 hours (yes I'm buying another 10) I am going to play on Pro I think..

Ha. I started on All-Pro and dropped down to Pro. It's still challenging, except now I can actually move the ball fairly well. I'm still on default sliders.

# 219 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/21/15 02:03 PM
Question:

I just purchased another 10 hours of gameplay on another gamertag. My other one had like 15 minutes left on it. On my new gamertag, whenever I try and play Madden, it says my old gamertag has less than 15 minutes left. And now I cant get on EA Access because it's saying, "Do you own this game or app?"

Do I have to completely run out of my playing time on my original account before i can start playing my next 10 hours?

EDIT: I got it now. I had to uninstall the ea access app

# 220 Swamp Swagger @ 08/21/15 02:15 PM
Still reading through the comments but what is some your guys opinion now that you have gotten passed the "New Game" feeling

I plan on trying to tonight but have been watching videos of and it looks a lot like 15. Is something you have to actually play to really feel a difference?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.