Home
FIFA 17 News Post

The FIFA 17 demo is available now. Queue it up from the links below, or search for them on your console:Check out the full details below.

GAME OPTIONS
For the first time ever in FIFA, live your story on and off the pitch as the Premier League’s next rising star, Alex Hunter. You'll have the opportunity to play a select experience in The Journey which will be limited to playing as one of the world's top clubs Manchester United.

Kick-Off

Own Every Moment in FIFA 17 gameplay to experience complete innovation in the way players think and move, physically interact with opponents, and execute in attack to put you in complete control of every moment on the pitch.

Skill Games

As the Kick-Off matches are loading, play brand new Skill Games that are included in the FIFA 17 Demo. You'll be able to enjoy 4 Single Player Skill Games and 3 of the brand new Multiplayer Skill Games that will be available in FIFA 17.

PLAY AS WORLD CLASS CLUBS
12 clubs included that you'll be able to play as in Kick-Off.
  • Manchester United
  • Manchester City
  • Chelsea
  • Real Madrid
  • Juventus
  • Inter
  • Paris Saint-Germain
  • Olympique Lyonnais
  • Seattle Sounders
  • Bayern München
  • Tigres U.A.N.L. (MX)
  • Gamba Osaka
3 authentic stadiums available to play in Kick-Off.
  • CenturyLink
  • Stamford Bridge
  • Suita City Football Stadium

Game: FIFA 17Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 BL8001 @ 09/13/16 09:13 PM
How are people getting the ai to be competitive?

Wherever they go with the ball on the pitch if I go there just before they always turn around and go backwards.

It's so blatantly robotic. It's like no matter who the AI has on the ball they only can do A or B computations and when you close down either they do the other.

There is no randomness to it at all. The ai is so uber cautious.

If you just play zone the cpu loses it's mind even on legendary. Getting way too many AI has 0 shots but has 93% passing matches.

I have played every fifa game made and I have never seen the AI be this pathetic.

# 102 Tomba @ 09/13/16 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
I think what fearwhatnow is saying is that global sliders and the way CTT work in FIFA are flawed in that some sliders affect the way teams play more than CTT (especially since they don't work in CM) which makes sliders have more of an impact.

For example, line height & line width IMO should be a CTT as not all teams play with the same philosophies. Some like their FBs to hug the sidelines while others like them to come inside and offer support. I know I'm preaching to the choir as your an FC Bayern fan but I get what fear's saying.

In regards to the demo...I recently bought a 4k TV so I don't know if it's the Frostbite Engine, the TV, or a combo of both but on the XB1 the lighting and detail (pitch, adboards, etc...) look incredible. I jumped back into 16 and there's a noticeable difference.
Yeah not just you it's a even better looking game that I can't even stomach the other game any more

# 103 Elite49 @ 09/13/16 09:47 PM
Enjoyed what I have played so far but anyone else think the sound is a little low? Music in menus/transitions are near silent even at 10.

# 104 Chrisx @ 09/13/16 10:00 PM
It's so hard to judge with 4 minute halves.
It obviously looks better, but it's mainly the lighting (which could be done this way in the previous engine as well if EA wanted) and the player faces when really up close. When actually playing you can safely tell it's 17 and not 16...by the different font. So wise move to change it I guess.

But that's icing, and i'm not so sure about the cake. Could be the best fifa to date with significant improvements (not very optimistic there), or it could be one to quickly forget. Wait and see for me. Maybe even wait for the first post-release patch as well. It's definitely not as bad as some comments make it out to be, but it's not super fun either.

Ball speed is comically fast at times, through balls and cutting inside the box seem too effective, and the back 4 retreat too much at times and seem to be instructed to not bother with marking strikers but to rely on their ball magnets for blocking shots. Yet it's not a goal fest, but it's hard to say whether it's because it's somehow balanced or because...4 minute halves (and if it's properly balanced it's done in a way that sucks most fun out of it, just like 16, IMHO. But again I need to play more and at a proper half length to tell).

# 105 BrianFifaFan @ 09/13/16 10:01 PM
I played with my Nvidia Control Panel, and this game now is beautiful. Really excited to see the full version.

# 106 JimmyDeicide @ 09/13/16 10:32 PM
Dunno lads , im really liking it other than the cpu pass percentage this is a really good game,fair, pretty physical, looks incredible , good player weight,Ai plays a good game for defaults, Ball weight is nice i feel , passing feels good.
Loving how the keepers come to claim crosses, lot more little deflections had some great goal mouth scrambles.
pens are fun.
marking and spacing is solid, i think this is a real solid base to start from.

Matt should have a field day with this thought he would be more excited.
Broadcast cam is a dream to play from.
Step away from the pro evo gas for a while

# 107 gopher_guy @ 09/13/16 11:16 PM
I am super pumped for FIFA 17 after playing the demo!

I love the ball physics. It feels much looser and organic.

Also really like the new free kick, corner, and penalty system. Love that you can control a player off the ball during a FK/corner.

Also really like the ground shots. I've always wanted to be able to slot home a shot in the ground, but you could never really do it effectively.

I think I'm more forgiving than most on FIFA, because I get my sim experience from Football Manager, but this demo got me even more excited to get the game.

# 108 Thrash13 @ 09/13/16 11:20 PM
I played 3 or 4 games tonight, and I really enjoyed it. I'd give the PES 2017 demo a slight edge on gameplay, but FIFA looks so damn good and plays pretty well too! With the total package of licenses and what looks to be a fun "The Journey" mode, I'm glad I chose FIFA for now. There's a solid chance I'll end up with both before 2016 is over. Haha

If they can tweak it to where there are more fouls called and the CPU pass % decreases a little, I'll be perfectly happy with it. I'm looking forward to playing more tomorrow!

# 109 kwebbvols4423 @ 09/13/16 11:38 PM
Played one match and enjoyed it. I really like the journey. I was skeptical when they first announced it but I am pumped about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 110 bigeastbumrush @ 09/14/16 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwebbvols4423
Played one match and enjoyed it. I really like the journey. I was skeptical when they first announced it but I am pumped about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same.

I had zero interest in The Journey but figured I'd give it a run since its on the demo.

I rated out a 9.2 scoring 1 goal and 1 assist. Obviously I think it's watered down so it's meant for you to score but I really liked the fact that it's not static and I can answer questions in 3 different ways.

I may play the retail version of The Journey just to give myself a change of pace. Sucks that I'm forced to play on my most hated team Man U but it is what it is.

Does anyone know how long The Journey runs? I can't imagine them having cutscenes and dialogue beyond one full PL season.

# 111 Saintslfc13 @ 09/14/16 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Same.

I had zero interest in The Journey but figured I'd give it a run since its on the demo.

I rated out a 9.2 scoring 1 goal and 1 assist. Obviously I think it's watered down so it's meant for you to score but I really liked the fact that it's not static and I can answer questions in 3 different ways.

I may play the retail version of The Journey just to give myself a change of pace. Sucks that I'm forced to play on my most hated team Man U but it is what it is.

Does anyone know how long The Journey runs? I can't imagine them having cutscenes and dialogue beyond one full PL season.
I might be wrong but I think for the retail version you can play The Journey with any premiership club

# 112 RIFRIG @ 09/14/16 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahvocado
It is the case.

You are correct, in the sense that the demo is not the same build as the launch version. However, the demo is always a very specific build that EA wants played en mass. The first gameplay patch of a new Fifa release is based off feedback and data from both the launch version and the demo.

They talked about it a few years ago, with 14 I think. Unless this changed with 17, this has been their approach for a while now as far as I'm aware.
Do you think that it's possible that the sliders have been omitted from the demo so that EA can collect more consistent data for that first patch.
They can collect data from the base difficulty levels as opposed to a gamers custom settings.

# 113 RoyceDa59 @ 09/14/16 02:07 AM
A lot of mixed reactions here just shows you everyone has a different interpretation of how the game of footy is seen through their eyes which is not a problem it is the worlds favorite sport for a reason. About to get a few matches in a see how I feel since I can't sleep right now.

# 114 Brahvocado @ 09/14/16 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Do you think that it's possible that the sliders have been omitted from the demo so that EA can collect more consistent data for that first patch.
They can collect data from the base difficulty levels as opposed to a gamers custom settings.
Yeah I'd say that's possible, especially considering that the beta had sliders and there is no logical reason for removing them.

It's also possible that EA are hopeless clownshoes as well.

# 115 ty5oke @ 09/14/16 02:25 AM
Enjoying the impressions from all.

# 116 wrestlinggod1 @ 09/14/16 03:00 AM
I played quite a few games on world class. I enjoy the game. But the thing that's killing it for me is the op shielding. Whenever the cpu shielded me, there was nothing for me to do. I was mashing the tackle button and nothing would happen. Any tips on that?
Also, the cpu occasionally throws some inaccurate passes, but more often than not, their passes are right on the money. Almost robotic. For me, if those things can get fixed, the game would be perfect.

# 117 dwnz @ 09/14/16 04:57 AM
Has anyone else noticed framerate dips during gameplay (PS4)?

Otherwise I think the game feels great, after playing this and the PES demo it feels like it has a weight to it that PES doesn't, although I realise that is an incredibly vague description.

# 118 bestbrother @ 09/14/16 05:27 AM
Not feeling it, I always try it, but it lacks for me (as a offline player). Im sure online H2H or teams etc, its good fun... but playing the AI is tiresome, I dont have that feeling from it.

# 119 bristolbob @ 09/14/16 05:33 AM
I won't get to have a play myself until later but from posts online there still seems to be a lot of 90+ min goals again this year. Is it still the case where, not necessarily ending in a goal, you nearly always seem to get a chance to score towards the end of each half. You know the scenario; all half or game the opposition centre backs have been imperious but come the 86min they part like the Red Sea and get stuck in concrete allowing you a run on goal, or, that you know that for the most part of the game 80-90% of your crosses will be collected by the keeper or headed clear, but if you break down the wing in the 90th min suddenly the odds of you getting a shot on goal (not guaranteed to score however) are reversed and its 80-90% chance you will get a headed chance?
Also is the AI finishing better? I'm not the best player by all means and usually stick to Pro level which is mostly fun, but you find the AI quite often hit their shots at 100% power and miss wildly even if they are 6 yards out. Obviously don't want them to score on every shot, but a lot of the time the AI can't hit a barn door from 6inches which is annoying on those odd games the AI is the better team but can't score.

# 120 Jacknine @ 09/14/16 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13

If they can tweak it to where there are more fouls called and the CPU pass % decreases a little, I'll be perfectly happy with it. I'm looking forward to playing more tomorrow!
My main concern from playing the beta was the amount of fouls commited by the AI, there was hardly any, the ref just wouldnt blow up ever (for them anyway).

I think they had the balance perfect in 16, so I'm hoping this get sorted out.

I will play the demo over the next few days and see if its any different.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.