Home
Feature Article
NBA 2K15: The Return of the King

He’s coming home.

LeBron James has announced, via Lee Jenkins of Sports Illustrated, that he will be returning to his roots. LeBron is going back to Cleveland.

After what may have been the most anticipated sports announcement in history, Cleveland fans can finally stop forcing trades in NBA 2K14 to land the King to his original kingdom. Once 2K15 drops in October, LeBron will be on the roster in what is already shaping up to be one of the most dangerous virtual lineups in the history of sports gaming. Here’s a look at the Cavaliers’ projected starting lineup for NBA 2K15.

(BK: Before the King; AK: After the King.)

PG – Kyrie Irving (BK: 92; AK: 94) – Irving was already one of the most dangerous weapons in NBA 2K, and now he’ll have even more room to explode on any given night. Irving has great control, and a fantastic outside shot that will keep defenses honest no matter who is on the floor. Add LeBron, and it’s almost unfair.

SG – Andrew Wiggins (BK: 80; AK: 83) – The most highly-touted prospect since the King himself, Maple Jordan has all the tools you want in the 2K player. His elite athleticism will help his transition into the game, and his “lack” of offensive capabilities will be hidden behind the output from Irving and LeBron. He will get a bump in his ratings with the King playing next to him thanks to his great defensive instincts.

SF – LeBron James (He is the King: 100) – Yeah, he’s going to get the first 100 rating ever. It’s the perfect storm. LeBron only gets better every season, and he’s already sitting pretty at his 99 rating. We all know how to use the King in 2K, and nothing will change. He just has more entertaining help around him now.

PF – Tristan Thompson (BK: 74; AK: 78) – All he has to do now is rebound, screen and put the ball back in the basket. Thompson made huge strides last season as a role player playing a go-to man’s game. With the King in hand, Thompson can focus on doing the dirty work to keep his team fired up and competitive.

C – Anderson Varejao (BK: 77; AK: 82) – LeBron’s old buddy is one of the happiest players in the world right now. Varejao was already a great 2K player with his rebounding and scoring skills. Put him in the front court with LeBron and a more focused Thomspon, he will be averaging double-doubles all season long in your franchise. He’s officially relevant once again.

6 – Dion Waiters (BK: 76; AK: 81) – Waiters is about to become what Cleveland wanted him to be: Dwyane Wade 2.0. Waiters won’t need to shoot 3s anymore. It’s time for him to focus on his handle and driving. With Waiters coming off the bench in the sixth man role, the Cavaliers become much more dangerous than realized.

7 – Anthony Bennett (BK: 72; AK: 72) – Already one of the most infamous busts (yes, a bust after one year) as a No. 1 pick, Bennett needs to prove something before he gets any sort of boost in a video game. He still has potential – He’s not even 20 years old – but it’s a wait and see game that could turn out to be one of the most undervalued preseason players of all-time.

8 – Ray Allen (BK: 70; AK: 79) – It’s not official, but most believe Ray Ray wants to play with LeBron to end his career. He has lost a huge step on the defensive side of the ball, but if he’s sitting in the corner to knock down 3s he will keep you smiling. He’s one of the reasons Miami “fans” will flock to use Cleveland. Drive with LeBron, shoot with Ray.

9 – Chris “Birdman” Anderson (BK: 75; AK: 78) – Birdman is another guy who many believe will follow LeBron. The King enjoyed him as a teammate because of the effort he put forth, so if he wants to come to Cleveland he will be welcomed with open arms. And they need some more front court depth.

Bonus – Kevin Love (BK: 86; AK 91) – Everyone is thinking about it: Wiggins for Love. Sure it’d be a great move for the Cavaliers, but Minnesota isn’t going to pull the trigger until winter. But if Love was playing alongside the King, it’d be one scary lineup on the court every night. Love rebounds and shoots the ball as good as any, which are the two intangibles that fit perfectly with LeBron.

NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 turty11 @ 07/11/14 02:30 PM
is this a serious post? i stopped reading after calling someone a bust from 1 season of being hurt

# 2 49UNCFan @ 07/11/14 02:43 PM
Is that a 2k15 or 14 screen?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 3 Jadakiss88 @ 07/11/14 02:48 PM
It's not really Anthony Bennett's fault he's labeled a bust, Cleveland should have never taken him at #1 that year. His performance doesn't resemble what a #1 pick's performance should look like. Sorry Turty11 you will probably will not read alot of articles or comments because this isn't the first place that labeled Bennett a Bust....

# 4 bballshawn24 @ 07/11/14 03:08 PM
wtf is this. Lebron isnt God.

# 5 Equinox831 @ 07/11/14 03:32 PM
OS going all in on the Bron Bron Kool-Aid. I'd expect this from ESPN, but not here..

# 6 trey2k198003 @ 07/11/14 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
is this a serious post? i stopped reading after calling someone a bust from 1 season of being hurt
The guy is a bust his upside is very minimal hes a bust as a #1 overall draft pick he might be ok down the line but #1 picks in the NBA are supposed to show there super stardom immediately, for example Lebron, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Derek Rose, i could go on but you get it that kid looks to be no where near that level of potential he might be a solid NBA player some day i actually don't doubt that but he wont ever live up to that # 1 status that's fact playa@

# 7 DubTrey1 @ 07/11/14 04:03 PM
Maple Jordan was best.

# 8 STLRams @ 07/11/14 04:25 PM
Let the Cleveland bandwagon start boarding. Get your boarding passes. Well I guess if I play NBA2K15 online I will have to look forward to 90% of the online players picking the Cavs....

# 9 Equinox831 @ 07/11/14 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trey2k198003
The guy is a bust his upside is very minimal hes a bust as a #1 overall draft pick he might be ok down the line but #1 picks in the NBA are supposed to show there super stardom immediately, for example Lebron, John Wall, Kyrie Irving, Derek Rose, i could go on but you get it that kid looks to be no where near that level of potential he might be a solid NBA player some day i actually don't doubt that but he wont ever live up to that # 1 status that's fact playa@
He hasn't even played a Summer League game yet...

# 10 Halloween @ 07/11/14 04:43 PM
Never in the world of 2k Irving should have a 92 rating. He's good but he's way overhyped.

# 11 jeebs9 @ 07/11/14 05:00 PM
Terrible article.... This should be taken down.

# 12 SavoyPrime @ 07/11/14 05:49 PM
And the d***riding begins...

# 13 Andrews @ 07/11/14 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Let the Cleveland bandwagon start boarding. Get your boarding passes. Well I guess if I play NBA2K15 online I will have to look forward to 90% of the online players picking the Cavs....
Just counter with the Spurs. Let the battles begin

# 14 Equinox831 @ 07/11/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Terrible article.... This should be taken down.
I agree, this is garbage.

# 15 JBulls @ 07/11/14 07:12 PM
LeJesus, lol.

# 16 turty11 @ 07/11/14 07:17 PM
the fact this is an OS featured blog is emberassing...turning into ESPN...

# 17 bxphenom7 @ 07/11/14 09:02 PM
I'm more concerned with that 2k15 news that never came because 2k cancelled at the last minute during their livestream

# 18 Dr. Banner @ 07/12/14 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
LeJesus, lol.
LeHushup....

# 19 thedream2k13 @ 07/12/14 01:40 AM
So everyone gets ratings boost because of one man? Delete this crap

# 20 ShogunTake @ 07/12/14 07:01 AM
Hey come on Lebron/Cleveland wasn't the only change today, where is Jeremy Lin's article? Somebody show Lin some love...

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.