Home
Feature Article
WWE 2K15: Seven Dream Matches For Sting

Now that we know Sting will be part of WWE 2K15, and assuming all of the following Superstars are in fact playable in the game this year, here is a list of some of the top matches for Sting.

Sting vs Undertaker

A matchup almost 20 years in the making, and routinely sits at the top of fantasy bookers lists. Could this match finally happen in real life? Well it can in WWE 2K15. The Phantom of WCW as Bobby The Brain Heenan once called him, vs. the Phenom. Who will come out on top?

Sting vs Bret Hart

While these two legends have locked up before, there is a certain allure to once again pitting the Scorpion Death Lock against the Sharp Shooter. Essentially the same move, there has always been some debate on who does it better. Now you can find out for yourself.

Sting vs Triple H

The authority figure of the Authority versus the man they call Sting could be an intriguing matchup. In his WCW days, Sting was somewhat the authority of the company. Being its number one defender from the nWo. The leader of WCW vs the Leader of WWE. Scorpion Death Drop, vs the Pedigree. This should be a fun matchup to play. .

Sting vs John Cena

You can’t have a list like this without John Cena, right? Arguably the two most popular wrestlers of their respective era’s, this matchup has to happen. John Cena even said the reason he wore spiky bleach blond hair at the beginning of his career was because of Sting. Certainly we would get to use some high impact moves to prove ourself vs Cena. Could Sting finally be the one to make everyone in the crowd chant “Cena Sucks!”

Sting vs Daniel Bryan

If you take these two and pit them together while both in their prime, I think we would have one heck of a match. Both excel at telling stories in the ring, and both bring unique offense to the table. Whether it be power moves, or submissions. These guys can go. And now you can put on a clinic with them in WWE 2K15.

Sting vs Heath Slater

Ok, so no one is clamoring for this match, but if you remember back a couple of years ago when Heath Slater was getting knocked around by a bunch of legends, then, well why not let Sting take him to the woodshed.

Sting vs The Rock

Two legends that never got to square off in their prime, so why not in WWE 2K15. How many Rock bottoms, and Stinger splashes will we see in this one? And remember The Rock likes to mix in his version of the Scorpion Deathlock as well.

Which matchups are you most likely to re-create with Sting? Sound off in the comments!

WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH @ 07/22/14 02:13 PM
is sting part of the wwe now?
man i always thought he'd be a non wwf guy

# 2 Moose Factory @ 07/22/14 02:51 PM
Sting vs The Ultimate Warrior. Obviously.

# 3 bluesfan13 @ 07/22/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUH_UHHHHHHHHHHH
is sting part of the wwe now?
man i always thought he'd be a non wwf guy
He signed on with the WWE video game first, assuming there will be a HOF induction in the future, similar to the way that Ultimate Warrior did. Just happened last week. Details on if he'll wrestle at all are unclear, but they might be saving him for a dream match for WM31?

# 4 Gramps91 @ 07/22/14 04:17 PM
Heath Slater WTF? lol

I like this topic though. I want to have Sting vs Edge if Edge makes it in and Bret Hart vs Sting would be awesome.

I still hope there is more of a current roster to this years game though but I welcome Sting.

# 5 Mdnghtmgcn1 @ 07/22/14 04:59 PM
Sting vs. Shawn Michaels, Sting vs. Undertaker inside Hell in a Cell, and Sting vs. The Rock.

# 6 dOm_CaTz @ 07/22/14 08:53 PM
Sting v Punk would be cool and Sting v Ambrose or Rollins would be good.

# 7 bxphenom7 @ 07/22/14 09:07 PM
Sting vs WWF Kane

# 8 almostbobsaget @ 07/22/14 10:59 PM
Sting vs David Otunga, obviously.

# 9 Reed1417 @ 07/23/14 12:23 AM
Sting vs. Bo Dallas. Once Bo breaks Goldberg's winning streak he can say he is the best wrestler of all time. Then Sting whoops his ***.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 10 Aggies7 @ 07/23/14 02:41 AM
Good write up. Can't wait to use Sting. Easily my most anticipated match to play will be Undertaker vs Sting.

# 11 R9NALD9 @ 07/23/14 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxphenom7
Sting vs WWF Kane
Yeah Sting vs Attitude era Kane would be awesome.

# 12 ItsOrangeBaby @ 07/23/14 06:20 AM
I think a match-up against Kane or Mankind would of been list worthy as well.

# 13 DKHardee @ 07/23/14 10:26 AM
Sting vs Bray Wyatt

# 14 DBMcGee3 @ 07/23/14 03:30 PM
Ahem......I think we're forgetting about a certain Texas Rattlesnake, are we not?

# 15 Aggies7 @ 07/23/14 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Ahem......I think we're forgetting about a certain Texas Rattlesnake, are we not?

I thought that as well.

More importantly I hope they add some of the WCW match types. War Games, ect. Would be nice to see Sting take on Undertaker, Stone Cold, The Rock, ect. in those older WCW match types.

# 16 PVarck31 @ 07/23/14 06:34 PM
It was a tough list to make because there are just so many potential amazing matches. I wanted to leave a lot for others to come up with. I could have gone on all day.

Its in no particular must see order. And the Heath Slater match was more, less a joke. Although, he's a one man band baby!!

# 17 Sheba2011 @ 07/24/14 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
They already fought many times only it was Sting vs Stunning Steve Austin. He actually fought Undertake too when he was wrestling as Mean Mark Callous. Sting beat him in a NWA title fight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.