Home
Feature Article
MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Ratings Boost Predictions (7/26/15)

Things are getting back to normal in the land of Diamond Dynasty this week. We had a "normal" roster update on Monday after a couple weeks of nothing but position changes. We had three packs go up this weekend, with all three having some sort of Cooperstown feel. And now we have a more normal "predictions" article for Sunday.

However, I am going to make one change to the predictions, at least for this week, and change out the high, medium and low probability predictions and just go for one set of players I think have the best chance of being boosted. In part, I'm doing this because I'll hold out a glimmer of hope a "massive" ratings change might still happen (I still have this old predictions post in that case), and also because we're still not too far removed from the All-Star break and thus everybody's second-half stats are small. 

So after the jump, I'll post the list of players I think should be upgraded this week. 

Ratings Boost Predictions

Jose Altuve - Altuve was downgraded back on 6/22, but it might be time to turn that back around. Over the last month, he's hit .360 with four home runs and 10 stolen bases. On top of that, in July his OPS is .880 and he's got a .400 OBP.

Carlos Correa - Altuve's teammate is just a ho-hum 20-year-old shortstop who has an .870 OPS in his first 34 games in the majors. Carlos Correa has a triple slash line of .293/.341/.529. He's also got eight home runs, which means he already has as many home runs as any other AL shortstop. 

Dallas Keuchel - Keuchel just keeps dominating. In his last 37 innings pitched, he has 45 strikeouts to go with a 1.46 ERA and .95 WHIP. He's just really, really good, and it has been a month since he was last upgraded. 

Scott Kazmir - It's an Astros-heavy predictions week! Kazmir was just dealt to Houston, and in his first start all he did was dominate. Overall, he's got a 2.24 ERA on the year, and in his last 33 innings pitched he's allowing only .69 batters per inning to reach base, which is spectacular. I say give him the post-trade bump. 

Randal Grichuk - So Grichuk has four home runs and a decent 1.210 OPS since the All-Star break. Of course that's only 28 at-bats, but he does have a .912 OPS in July and has continued to play well since his last upgrade on 6/29.

Rougned Odor - Beyond the fantastic name, Odor's putting up good numbers for a middle infielder. He's got four home runs, is hitting .350 over the last month, and he's even showing a little speed. 

Chris Heston - So yeah, Chris Heston is still apparently good. In his last 34 innings pitched he's got an ERA hovering around 1.50 and a WHIP below one. He doesn't miss a ton of bats, but he's getting results still for the red-hot Giants. 

Jake Arrieta - Arrieta is the final name for this week. He was last boosted on 5/4 so it feels time for another upgrade. In his last 43 innings pitched, he's struck out over one batter per inning, his ERA is under two, and his WHIP is under one. 

MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 ty_my_shoe__ @ 07/26/15 06:31 PM
Mark Lowe really needs a big boost. He's a 59 ovr with a 1.05 era in 34 innings.

# 2 Orange Krush @ 07/26/15 07:52 PM
A developer has said on the shownation forums that the massive update is still coming. I'm guessing tomorrow.

# 3 redsox4evur @ 07/26/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krush
A developer has said on the shownation forums that the massive update is still coming. I'm guessing tomorrow.
I'm guessing it's going next week's update, after the deadline.

# 4 Baseballking888 @ 07/27/15 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
Crappy update again lol. I knew this was never going to happen regardless of what Sony or whoever said. It's been three weeks since we were supposed to get it and I hate to say it but a giant rerating spree isn't happening
I wonder if this giant ratings overhaul could be next week to coincide with the trade deadline update.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.