Home
Feature Article
Legends of Wrestlemania Roster Wish List
Plenty of great ideas fail: Pepsi Crystal, New Coke, trading for Victor Zambrano, the original Hulk movie and…Legends of Wrestling. The concept was sound, but the gameplay did not come through. Now with WWE Legends of WrestleMania releasing in time for WrestleMania XXV, a do over is upon us.

We can go over The Rocks, Hulk Hogans, and Steve Austins forever, but they’re the obvious choices. I’m going to go over the wrestling legends who haven’t gotten their time to shine.

Randy “Macho Man” Savage

Apparently Vince McMahon doesn’t think highly of Savage, but that shouldn’t stop Yukes from including one of the most decorated and charismatic wrestlers in WWE/WCW history. “The Macho Man” won the WWE title at WrestleMania IV against Ted Dibiase and again at WrestleMania VIII against Ric Flair. His rap career wasn’t as big a success, but Randy Savage is definitely a legend of WrestleMania.

Brock Lesnar

He was only in the WWE for two years, but the mark he made was undeniable. Originally managed by Paul Heyman, Lesnar tore through the WWE in his rookie year, winning the King of the Ring, the WWE Undisputed Championship, and the Royal Rumble. He’s only 31 and he has moved on to the UFC, but a WWE return is not out of the question. Lesnar’s WWE run is highlighted by his WrestleMania XIX match with Kurt Angle.

Bruno Sammartino

Most young wrestling fans don’t know what he looks like, let alone his name and credentials. Sammartino held the WWWF title for over 10 years in two different reigns, by far the most ever. He left the WWE for good in 1987, competing in a battle royal at WrestleMania 2 at the age of 52.

The Ultimate Warrior

The Ultimate Warrior is one of the most elusive and enigmatic characters in the history of the business. With a real name of Warrior, the artist formerly known as Jim Hellwig has left quite an impression on the industry, influencing current stars like Batista. He defeated the immortal Hulk Hogan at WrestleMania VI in Toronto, becoming the first man to hold the WWE title and Intercontinental title.

Yokozuna

Upon his arrival in the WWE, Yokozuna was unbeatable. He defeated Bret Hart at WrestleMania IX in Las Vegas, before losing the belt the same night to Hulk Hogan. He further cemented his legacy when at WrestleMania X, he beat Lex Luger to defend his WWE title. Though he lost to Bret Hart later in the night, Yokozuna’s WWE career was a successful one. He passed away in 2000, which is all the more reason why WWE fans should be able to play as him in Legends of WrestleMania.

Here is a list of some other wrestlers from WWE, WCW, and ECW who have appeared in recent WWE games or should definitely be in this game as well.

Mr. Perfect
The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase
Taz (ECW version)
Bam Bam Bigelow
Bret Hart
Owen Hart
Mick Foley
Eddie Guerrero
Rowdy Roddy Piper
Dusty Rhodes
The Undertaker
Shawn Michaels
Goldberg
Sandman
Sabu
Tommy Dreamer
Terry Funk
Ric Flair
The Road Warriors
The Iron Sheik
Vader

There are plenty of wrestlers who can be a part of this game, some I listed, and some I missed. Who do you think should be in Legends of WrestleMania? Who do you think is overrated and shouldn’t be in the game? Be sure to let me know!

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania Videos
Member Comments
# 1 vernond @ 06/17/08 07:35 PM
I think you have to have ricky steamboat based on the match with savage at 3, king kong bundy he was in the main event at 2, Razor Ramon, Rick Rude, and definitely Andre the Giant. I'm not sure about licensing issues and all but i'd add these guys. I'd say Diesel too but i'm pretty sure he couldn't be in the game due to being in tna.

# 2 texbuk84 @ 06/17/08 08:33 PM
sid vicious, dean malenco,sting,physcosis. great wrestlers who defined their postions in wrestling history

# 3 bullcats @ 06/17/08 08:39 PM
Diesel, Razor Ramon, Jake Roberts

# 4 UofLCards @ 06/17/08 10:03 PM
The Franchise Shane Douglas,

# 5 bigeastbumrush @ 06/17/08 10:14 PM
Stan Hansen
Ole Andersen
Arn Andersen
Tully Blanchard
Tony Atlas
Bob Backlund
Don Muraco
Ronnie Garvin
Curt Henning
George Steele
The Missing Link
Barry Windham

# 6 SHAKYR @ 06/18/08 12:14 AM
I apologize if this list is long and some where said already.I love wrestling and I'm a old school wrestling fan.

1. Adrian Adonis
2. Paul Orndorff
3.Junkyard Dog
4.Chief Jay Strongbow
5.King Kong Bundy
6.George "The Animal" Steele
7.Tony Atlas
8.Andre the Giant
9.Iron Sheik
10.Jesse"the body" Ventura
11.Ken Patera
12."Superstar" Billy Graham
13.Jimmy"Superfly" Snuka
14.Ivan Putski
15.The Wild Samoans
16.Bob Backland
I can go on and on,but this is some.

# 7 Stormyhog @ 06/18/08 01:35 AM
British Bulldogs(Davey Boy Smith & The Dynamite Kid), Big John Studd, Nikita Koloff, Magnum T.A, Nikolai Volkoff, Adrian Adonis, Nick Bockwinkle, Vern Gagne, Kamala, Rock n roll Express, Midnight Express, Lou Thez, Harley Race, Greg Valentine.

# 8 RobtAndProud @ 06/18/08 03:53 AM
They own wcw right? I want nWo. Right now.

# 9 DJ @ 06/18/08 09:35 AM
Well, if it's Legends of Wrestlemania, then we have to ONLY include guys that actually wrestled in a Wrestlemania.

So, all those suggestions of WCW, NWA, WCCW and ECW guys don't apply to this game.

# 10 Chavez21 @ 06/18/08 01:50 PM
Knight1337, it's a game for old wrestlers. You are never going to have realism because there are going to be matches with wrestlers from different eras. Brock Lesnar and Bruno Sammartino can wrestle right now since they're both alive, but the game isn't going to have Sammartino at the age of 72.

PS. The Big Boss Man is dead and so is Terry Gordy of the Fabulous Freebirds.

# 11 adembroski @ 06/18/08 05:21 PM
Pepsi Crystal... brave man to show your age like that.

I actually liked that stuff:P

# 12 Cagney3t @ 06/18/08 07:49 PM
LONG READ because i WAS a wrestling freak back in the day.....This topic really hits home with me because two years ago I emailed IGN my draft ideas for a WWE Legends game. It was called "WWE: Prime Performers." It had a complete roster with entrances, attributes and finishing manuvers. AND each character would be created resembling the prime of their careers....I wish THQ would change the title name from Legends of Wrestlemania to Legends of the WWE. That way they could include a lot more memorable charcters. If you look at the title realistically, WCW and ECW legends have no chance of being in this game because they use the word "Wrestlemania" in the title. Guys like Sting, Shane Douglas, Vader, Terry Funk, and Diamond Dallas can not be added because they did no headline Wrestlemanias. With that said, Im sure they will mess up the roster for the game BUT here is my roster I personally would like to have for "WWE: Prime Performers."

WWF/WWWF
1. "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan (1989)
2. "Macho Man" Randy Savage" (1991)
3. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin (1998)
4. The Rock (2000)
5. Andre The Giant (1975 with the afro!!)
6. The Undertaker (1999)
7. Bret "The Hitman" Hart (1996)
8. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels (1997)
9. Triple H (2002)
10. "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff (1987)
11. Mankind (1997)
12. "The Ultimate" Warrior (1990)
13. "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith (1992)
14. King Kong Bundy (1986)
15. Jake "The Snake" Roberts (1992)
16. Yokozuna (1993)
17. Kurt Angle (2003)
18. "Road Warrior" Hawk (1991)
19. "Road Warrior" Animal (1991)
20. Bruno Sammartino (1983)
WCW
21. Sting (1994)
22. Kevin Nash (1998)
23. Scot Hall (1999)
24. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (1988)
25. Big Van Vader (1993)
26. Great Muta (1991)
27. "Ravishing" Rick Rude (1989)
28. "The Total Package" Lex Luger (1991)
29. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat (1989)
30. Goldberg (1998)
31. Ric Steiner (1991)
32. Scott Steiner (1991)
33. "The Enforcer" Arn Anderson (1991)
34. Ron Simmons (1992)
35. Diamond Dallas Page (2000)
ECW
36. Raven (1995)
37. Sandman (1997)
38. "The Franchise" Shane Douglas (1997)
39. Tommy Dreamer (1998)
40. "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam (1999)
41. Terry Funk (1997)
42. Taz (1999)
43. Sabu (1994)
44. D-Von Dudley (1997)
45. Buh Buh Ray Dudley (1997)
46. Justin Credible (2000)
47. Lance Storm (2000)
48. 2 Cold Scorpio (1995)
49. Dean Malenko
50. Mickey Whipwreck (1995)
**Honorable Mentions* : The Eliminators: Saturn and Kronus, "Mr. Perfect" Curt Henning, Rey Mysterio Jr., Rhino, "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DeBiase, Owen Hart, "The Crippler" Chris Beniot, "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan, and Sid Vicious

# 13 LinebackerU_31 @ 06/18/08 08:18 PM
I remember growing up one of my favorite wrestlers was Brian Pillman. Aside from that Snuka and The Warrior

# 14 psukylen @ 06/19/08 11:23 AM
Uncle Elmer, and the natural disasters (Earthquake and Typhoon), love the big boys.

# 15 Shadymamba @ 06/19/08 01:21 PM
anyone not associated with this era!!!!! early to mid 90's and before LOL!! even stables from back in the days ie. Hennan Family, DX, NOD, Corporation...and Manager's too Slick, Mr. Fugi like i said anyone before this ERA lol

# 16 LinebackerU_31 @ 06/19/08 05:56 PM
i dont think anyone has mentioned "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes or Jerry "The King" Lawler

# 17 Mhancock @ 07/03/08 04:47 PM
Let's not forget the little guys, too! The guys who made it possible for these Legends to become Legends. Anybody Vince McMahon owns the rights to needs to be on this game. Period.

# 18 marxxx @ 07/20/08 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisman316
I would love to have those guys in the main post with the exception of the dead guys, I cant stand to have realism with dead wrestlers. But that is just my opinion. But here's my add-on wishlist
1)Goldberg(WCW Version)
2) Degeneration X (X-Pac, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn)
3) Original 4 hourseman
4) Fabulous Freebirds
5)Big Boss Man

Uh..... The big bossman is dead!!!!

That was kind of funny really!!!!!

# 19 marxxx @ 07/20/08 12:11 PM
Sting was never part of WWE. He was part of wcw when it was purchased, but he never joined the fed.

If this is a legends of wrestlemania game, I can't see how you could consider guys who never wrestled under the wwe name.
I can see the argument for some of the wwe guys who weren't necessarily in wrestlemania, but may have taken part in storylines leading up the big day...

It would be awesome if they added some story lines to the game. You could even build in a trivia concept trying to make decisions based on what really happened in the real life story lines. I truly believe story lines should be available as dlc, that would really build on the re-playability of the game.

I would also like to see an up to date wcw game... then add some dlc of current wwe guys that you could use to build a new stable and invade nitro. Thus creating a new NWO.

The possibilities would be incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwil5050
sid vicious, dean malenco,sting,physcosis. great wrestlers who defined their postions in wrestling history

# 20 funky_chicken @ 07/20/08 04:51 PM
I will throw some names out there also (many of which have been mentioned). I am hoping this is not only people who were is Wrestlemania but a WWE legends game as well.

Randy Savage
Ricky Steamboat
Honky Tonk Man
Roddy Piper
Iron Shiek
Nikolai Volkoff
Junkyard Dog
Greg Valentine
Brutus Beefcake
Bret Hart
Jim Neidhart
Owen Hart
Davey Boy Smith
Dynamite Kid
Mr. Perfect
Rick Rude
Jake Roberts
Don Muraco
Hulk Hogan
Andre the Giant
King Kong Bundy
Yokozuna
Big Boss Man
One Man Gang
George the Animal Steele
Ax
Smash
Crush
Ted Dibiase
Sargeant Slaughter
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Doink the Clown
Hillbilly Jim
Jimmy Snuka
Bam Bam Bigelow
Hawk
Animal

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.