Home

SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #17
Rookie

8iron's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

Tricky is my all time favorite game. Its why I keep my ps2 hooked up and not in a box.

That said, this has the potential to unseat it and not just because I love the franchise. This is what a reboot on next gen should be. Familiar yet innovative, "accessible" yet deep.

For the multiplayer fans, I personally think the Autolog (here Ridernet) model is the absolute standard for online mp. No rage quitters, no in your face cheese. Just an old school feeling leaderboard with a modern social network sensibility. You know WHO you are duking it out with but dont have to be online with them simultaneously, battle lag or anything else. If you like head to head, cool. But i loooove this method of competition.

I had cancelled my pre order due to a busy schedule and some still shrink wrapped games backlogged since Christmas (plus Reckoning) but this is back to day 1 must have, probably day 2 "sick day".
Old 02-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: SSX Demo Available Now For 360, Later Today For PS3, Post Your Impressions Here

Glad to see the great demo feedback and really excited for this release. I love the day 2 sick day comment, may have to try that!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8iron
Tricky is my all time favorite game. Its why I keep my ps2 hooked up and not in a box.

That said, this has the potential to unseat it and not just because I love the franchise. This is what a reboot on next gen should be. Familiar yet innovative, "accessible" yet deep.

For the multiplayer fans, I personally think the Autolog (here Ridernet) model is the absolute standard for online mp. No rage quitters, no in your face cheese. Just an old school feeling leaderboard with a modern social network sensibility. You know WHO you are duking it out with but dont have to be online with them simultaneously, battle lag or anything else. If you like head to head, cool. But i loooove this method of competition.

I had cancelled my pre order due to a busy schedule and some still shrink wrapped games backlogged since Christmas (plus Reckoning) but this is back to day 1 must have, probably day 2 "sick day".

SSX for gamecube was a tie for first with f zero gx for me.

I havent had a all time favorite on 360 at all yet that compared to those two like they did on gamecube for me.

SSX is finally shaping up to be my favorite next gen game apart from maybe MLB 11 The Show due to the nature of its organicness with it's time of day etc gameplay and pure calmness you get from the tile.

But again i can't recall game where it was just instantly hitting on all parts.

SSX is THAT game.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3
Has anyone gotten the demo on PS3 yet? I still can't find it.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #21
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't think the store has updated yet.

Like Twisted Metal, I already know I'm getting this game day one so I'm going to try my best and not play a demo. It's very difficult not to lol but I feel it's necessary, though I've watched a ton of gameplay videos for it.

Can't wait till next Tuesday!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #22
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I don't think the store has updated yet.

Like Twisted Metal, I already know I'm getting this game day one so I'm going to try my best and not play a demo. It's very difficult not to lol but I feel it's necessary, though I've watched a ton of gameplay videos for it.

Can't wait till next Tuesday!
I DL'd just out of sheer excitement and still was amazed....

Yeah this game needs to reassuring. The demo just sucker punchs your heart
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

PS3 Demo is now live... Downloading now
Old 02-22-2012, 01:03 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3
It's about time, thanks for the wait SONY but I'm so excited to play this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »