Home

Jon Robinson- 2K Legends game is coming

This is a discussion on Jon Robinson- 2K Legends game is coming within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Jon Robinson- 2K Legends game is coming

If this game is to succeed it must have an in depth edit mode similar to Winning Eleven.

I couldn't give a **** about a game with no edit mode, as it would mean no chance of using NFL teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2006, 05:12 PM   #42
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

why not just save the money that would be spent on signing "legends" and just make a solid generic, but highly customizable football game?
Old 12-10-2006, 05:37 PM   #43
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I am still very confused as to how the Legends will be utilized. They're old when they finally become to superhuman greats that they are. Are we to play as them in their last years in our franchise? In their beginning years, and they progress exactly as they would have in real life? Will they already have their stats? I'm so confused as to how the Legends would work, and I'm honestly not for it.

The game needs customization for me to give this one an honest look. I know that to some people, 'gameplay' is everything... but it's not for me. Authenticity, presentation, and visualizations are other important things.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-10-2006, 05:42 PM   #44
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
why not just save the money that would be spent on signing "legends" and just make a solid generic, but highly customizable football game?
I guess the question would be who would take the time to customize the game. While the handful of diehards that frequent fansites might take the time, most wouldn't. I think if they release a game it's imperative the core game be solid as that's what most people will be playing. I'm sure the game will have customization options but most that want full customization want to recreate the NFL experience. A non-NFL or NCAA licensed game is a hard sell regardless.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 12-10-2006, 06:49 PM   #45
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
I guess the question would be who would take the time to customize the game. While the handful of diehards that frequent fansites might take the time, most wouldn't. I think if they release a game it's imperative the core game be solid as that's what most people will be playing. I'm sure the game will have customization options but most that want full customization want to recreate the NFL experience. A non-NFL or NCAA licensed game is a hard sell regardless.
There are people that would take the time to customize the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #46
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
Because "Legends" would appeal to a wider audience. We all want full customization and as much as I want it, I would still buy a 2K football game without it. If 2K does release this rumored game, I don't think they are looking to just sell to the EA *****, they want to grab some of the EA faithful as well.

If they can generate more sales by using legends than I am all for it. If they don't make enough money, we would be lucky to see 2 years of the game. Sell to the masses 2K, but keep the game 2K without the fluff!
Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanito
If this game is to succeed it must have an in depth edit mode similar to Winning Eleven.

I couldn't give a **** about a game with no edit mode, as it would mean no chance of using NFL teams.
Agreed... Mostly. I could live with a league of teams named after just the NFL cities (Green Bay, Miami, Pittsburgh) but let us choose logos and even better create them ourselves. As I said, I could play and enjoy of game with the Miami Sharks versus the Detroit Dragons as long as the players could be recognized as the NFL equivalent.

Never played WE, but heard great things about the custom options, and how you can create a version of ANY team with some work. Sound good.

Just like we see updated rosters for 2K5, you would be able to find "NFL-type" rosters for a Legends game after a week or two. With more and more rosters to choose from as time goes on. If EA can stop people from doing this, they'll be able to stop music and movie piracy too! LOL.

BTW, interesting that Robinson has been such a Madden fanboy... it speaks volumes to me if a guy like that is NOT happy with the exclusive deal. If EA can't please the fanboys, what about the average gamer? Seems to me that makes the chances of a 2K game selling well that much better.
Old 12-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #48
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
BTW, interesting that Robinson has been such a Madden fanboy... it speaks volumes to me if a guy like that is NOT happy with the exclusive deal. If EA can't please the fanboys, what about the average gamer? Seems to me that makes the chances of a 2K game selling well that much better.

New Flash.. average gamers don't visit messageboards

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »