Home

Would you buy AP2k8 if it didn't allow

This is a discussion on Would you buy AP2k8 if it didn't allow within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-23-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Would you buy AP2k8 if it didn't allow

I don't care about licensing; I just want a good game of football.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

yep...i havent played any football game since the exclusivity...so im looking forward to what 2k has to offer
Old 02-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #19
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

Yes... I just want a good next gen football game but I could careless if I have Peyton Manning or Joe Blow as QB because in the long run if Joe wins games for me I'll get to like him.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:37 PM   #20
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Yes I would.

I'm playing 2k5 with old rosters. Drew Brees isn't the quarterback he is today. Tomlinson is done for his entire career it seems after getting injured in Week Two and being released by the Chargers.

But, I don't care because the football game is just plain good. I love being able to control all 30 teams and letting the CPU do as it pleases.

I just want a next-gen great football experience.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 02-23-2007, 06:57 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

I guess it depends on how good APF 2K8 is and how good Madden 08 turns out to be. Unlike some people here, I'm not closed to the idea that EA might make significant improvements to Madden next year and I would definitely prefer to play with real NFL teams and players than generics. If APF turns out to be a significantly better game, though, I'd trade the NFL for the superior game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 4

Been there, done that. The game was Blitz The League, and it was the over-the-top gameplay that grew old to me. I actually liked a lot of the team logos/team names for BTL, so it wouldn't be too hard for me to get used to a fictional league by 2K with sim gameplay.

I'd pay $60 for APF 2K8, as I think it will be a quality football game. I'll rent Madden 08 when it releases, with the faint hope that EA has gotten into gear and made a real next-gen game. I wouldn't have a problem having TWO quality football games to play this year, not at all.

I think most here would play Madden if EA simply did a better job with it. The fact even Madden fanboys are disappointed with the effort so far speaks volumes though...
Old 02-23-2007, 08:13 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7

To be honest. Im such a NFL2K fanboy and Im so excited about this game. They could print (THIS GAME SVCKS !!! ) in big bright letters on the cover and I would still buy it. For $75 bucks even. lol
Minnesota Wild
Old 02-23-2007, 09:38 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
Created Teams and players? I've heard nothing that would suggest this. I'm merely asking if people would be interested in the game if they were forced to use the fictional teams and players created by the Games developers.
YUP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »