Home

Natural motion in 2k8? Perhaps so

This is a discussion on Natural motion in 2k8? Perhaps so within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2007, 02:11 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Natural motion in 2k8? Perhaps so

Yeah, it would be JUST like EA to sit around while another football game takes some graphical/animation leap. As was mentioned earlier, Gameday 98 blew people away, especially after EA said 3D polygonal players couldn't be done on the PS1.

I'd LOVE for 2K Sports to use this technology. It makes sense to use it across ALL the sports games they make also. You get the maximum benefit from the engine license, and it's great for the Natural Motion guys to help promote their product.

The real question would be whether 2K Sports has an exclusive on this tech, or if EA will also be buying it in 2008? Or would EA just buy an "exclusive" with Natural Motion to prevent 2K Sports from using it anymore?

Don't worry, I bet 2K has already signed carefully worded contracts that protect them from EA trying to do something like that. At worst, they'll have to share the tech with EA Sports, but they'll have an edge for a year or more in how to use it.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:47 AM   #74
Rookie

KDRIZZLE2K4's Arena

OVR: 9

I think we can just about expect All Pro to use Euphoria/Natural Motion now, Can't say it will be in 2K8, but you can bank on it being in 2K9 in all sports games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
Last February, NaturalMotion announced a partnership deal with Rockstar Games, Inc., the publishing label responsible for Grand Theft Auto. Rockstar Games is also in the same family of companies as 2K Sports. When pressed about future projects using NaturalMotion's animation technology, one of the NaturalMotion employees at GDC brought up the deal they have with Rockstar now. I commented that he must be talking about Grand Theft Auto IV, and he said no, not exactly. He mentioned the fact that 2K Sports is in the same family of companies as Rockstar, pointed out the football characters used in the animation demos, and the fact that their booth had young guys suited-up in football gear. I mentioned that he must be talking about 2K's rumored All-Pro football game that's been tightly under wraps. That's when he stopped talking.

So not only is Rockstar using the technology, but 2K Sports probably is too. Actually, 2K Sports has gone on record as saying they're using NaturalMotion technology. And with all the football allusions that the demos make, that All-Pro football game is starting to look more and more like a reality. It's clear that character motion is taking huge steps forward in the development process, and big players like Rockstar and 2K Sports are looking to make this one element an integral part of their future games.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/772/772585p1.html
Above quote is on pg 3.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:20 AM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Didn't ea already said that they weren't using it?
No.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #76
Banned

kutte's Arena

OVR: 1

I Belive @k sports will use the engine from Natural Motion. I think they learned thier lesson back in Madden 97. that was there last Madden because they were using sprits while Gameday use poly. That how they lost Madden to Tuburon. Well its already been said if they use it, its a wrap for Ea until they add it to Madden. And using Euphora is like 10,000 . anyone can get it if they have the money and its a program that works with your prexisting engine.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 32

It sound like Next Gen is really going to start. Football, Hockey, Basketball, and Baseball. Good stuff.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 16

I still don't think they will use it. If they do then great.If not then its cool because they had the best mo-cap animations out there.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #79
Banned

OVR: 32

This will force EA to step up their game.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:50 AM   #80
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

I think the most logical theory would be for 2k to use a combination of natural motion and mo-capped animation. I'm sure it would be a little difficult for them to rely on a completely physics based engine yet. They'll probbaly need a few years to iron out the kinks and go solely physics based.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »