Home

You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

This is a discussion on You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #49
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

I agree with the original poster 100%. Will I miss franchise? Sure I will but I waited 2 years for this game to be made, so I can surely wait one more if the gameplay is tight.

What ever happened to focus on gameplay first? Many of the posters on OS preach this but then they go ahead and complain when a company actually does it.

Are you all still happy that we got some info? I have said this from the beginning, 2K (or any company for that matter) is in a lose-lose situation when it comes to releasing info early.

If the game plays well, 2K will be back in business. If not, I really hope we get to see an All Pro Football 2K9.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #50
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

I agree with the poster as well.. Yes I will admit no franchise is a blow.. But other then a magazine article and very little info, Why in the heck is everyone blowing this game off????? I mean the way most of you are talking is that they will release a game that you fire up and play a exibition game and that's it!!! Wait until all the info is out and then decide if this game is a rent, buy, or no buy. But from 1 mag article this is plain crazy. I am a big 2k football fan and if they release a game you can only play exibition games then I will not buy this game either. Rest assured there will be some cool things that we don't know about in this game.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:26 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
I agree with the poster as well.. Yes I will admit no franchise is a blow.. But other then a magazine article and very little info, Why in the heck is everyone blowing this game off????? I mean the way most of you are talking is that they will release a game that you fire up and play a exibition game and that's it!!! Wait until all the info is out and then decide if this game is a rent, buy, or no buy. But from 1 mag article this is plain crazy. I am a big 2k football fan and if they release a game you can only play exibition games then I will not buy this game either. Rest assured there will be some cool things that we don't know about in this game.
Ditto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 3

Why are people assuming that there will not be a season mode? I haven't finished a season in a football game since 1998 by the way. Maybe the concept of the game just doesn't mesh with a franchise mode. Maybe there is no player progression. You just put your team together, play a season, a game, or online, and then change players where you see fit, in order to get the best team for your playing style. I don't think that anyone is giving 2k a free pass. The people that don't mind not having a franchise mode, like myself, just don't play franchise. If they said that there would be no gang tackling, I think that they would get blasted by everyone. For the people who play franchise the majority of the time, this is a real dissapointment and nobody should be telling them to 'just shut up and play'. For the people who don't play franchise and are all about realistic gameplay, nobody should be calling them fanboys and saying that they are giving 2k a free pass.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Well I'm pretty sure they didn't put a ton of effort into making the CPU AI virtually indistiguishable from a human player to turn around and have no worthwhile single player modes outside of exhibition. Just because it's not what we're used to doesn't mean it won't be good.
Tru Dat.I was initially dissapointed.But in the end I'll give this game a fair shot,bcuzz 2k has a damn good track record.I'll juss look forward to some spectacular animations game play and presentations.I'll give them a little pass. At least I can play a real next gen fb game.Outro
Old 04-16-2007, 10:39 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have to disagree with the original poster. I do not have access to high speed internet in my area, so I can't play online, but I love sports games. The only thing that makes them enjoyable to me now is building up a team and creating a power house or at least a contender. Having no franchise mode, and then the developers have the audacity to say "shut up and just play" have made me turn away from the game, and I will simply have to go to Madden and end my boycott on the game. At least EA, in all of their lazy glory, has a franchise mode.
Old 04-16-2007, 12:31 PM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir
If screwing up important features wanted by the fans is innovation... Then EA are some of the most creative people of all time, and it looks like 2K is about to catch up!

It only took 3 posts to bring EA into the mix. We are getting faster

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #56
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm sure they'll have some worthwhile offline game mode. While appealing to those 6 million with XBL is important, it would just be foolish to ignore the 6 million without it...and I'd like to believe VC would know better than to do that. I think we can look forward to a more storyesque season mode ala Blitz. Or maybe they will try to implement a version of the 24/7 mode from the NBA 2k games into APF 2k8. Create a character, run him through practice, play games, form friendships with teammates, get trained by Legends, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »