Home

You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

This is a discussion on You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2007, 07:38 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: You guys need to think "outside the box" on this no franchise stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep
Unless they come up with something similar to or better than franchise, it's not going to appeal to me....or probably a lot of folks.
Exactly. I enjoy playing online as much as the next guy, but starting something up in franchise mode with a few of my friends is much more fun IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #42
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackvivaldi
I dont care about any franchise...I dont get any satisfaction when I defeat computer A.I...After a few months with any sports game, you eventually figure out how to win all your games...To many of us, is all about out thinking another human being in online showdowns...It comes down to 'can you read my zone defense' or 'can you stop a skinny post' ???..The game is won in the trenches...Only little kids care about the color of the jersey or the name of a team...If you want the NFL, go and buy Madden...its as simple as that...2k didnt have to make another football game...Get it???...They didnt have to...A lot of us were quick to judgde their moxy when the exclusive rights were announced...We are getting a next generation football game from 2k sports...Next generation gameplay which will make 2k5 and Madden 07 look like childs play...why are you mad?...I have bought games and finished them in 1 week so what if you get tired of 2k after say 4-6 months??? Go online and test your skills...

Do you really get any satisfation from creating souped up players and abusing computer A.I to collect superbowl rings?...Isnt that what most people who play these franchise do?...Online gaming is where its at and if you dont know, now u know...Go and play madden if you really need to have a franchise...Nobody is asking you to buy this game...Now SHUT UP AND GO AWAY...
Isn't the souped up players really more of a problem with online players? That and using every coding glitch, exploiting it to get the win? Now if you play sim, I'm in. But of course I'll have to play you at 4 in the morning or on Sunday. Maybe you can be available instaed of my missing franchise mode. Or I can just play all of my friends VIPs until I get tired of that. Maybe I might actually get to play the Mega Bowl, which might exist. I'm not dogging this title by any stretch, but not having Franchise mode is big. And if the AI is as improved as advertised, then the whole figuring out how to win every game is minimized.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-12-2007, 08:21 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
Isn't the souped up players really more of a problem with online players? That and using every coding glitch, exploiting it to get the win? Now if you play sim, I'm in. But of course I'll have to play you at 4 in the morning or on Sunday. Maybe you can be available instaed of my missing franchise mode. Or I can just play all of my friends VIPs until I get tired of that. Maybe I might actually get to play the Mega Bowl, which might exist. I'm not dogging this title by any stretch, but not having Franchise mode is big. And if the AI is as improved as advertised, then the whole figuring out how to win every game is minimized.

Well I'm pretty sure they didn't put a ton of effort into making the CPU AI virtually indistiguishable from a human player to turn around and have no worthwhile single player modes outside of exhibition. Just because it's not what we're used to doesn't mean it won't be good.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:25 PM   #44
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzburgh
It's comments like this that keep video games from being innovative and creative! I'm 37 and have been playing sports video games longer than some of you have been alive so I can really appreciate some creativity.

If a company chooses that creating the perfect "Franchise" (which hasn't ever been done) is too time consuming and knowing in the end it will have gliches, why not scratch it and replace it with something new and different that will make you never want to play a Franchise again in any of the sports games you prefer.

We have been brain washed with these games that every game must have, this, this, this and this or else you say I'M NOT BUYING IT! It seems to me that 2K is saying you need to "shut up with all of your uncreative little minds and let us show you a new direction in sports gaming!"

I'm all for it and I welcome their new ideas. Someone needs to change the format in which games are being upgraded every year!
I can understand where you coming from, cause technically it does take alot to build a franchise mode, but you to know that simply having an exhibition is not exciting at all. I want to take a team to championships, i want to have that "play off atmosphere."

I just can't see them releasing a full flege $60 game with no deep feature to keep the players coming back. I thought that Madden 06 proved that even with decent gameplay, without other features and modes, the game gets old very quick.

I don't even mind if the franchise or dynasty mode is a bit like Blitz the league were they give us a team and a story plays out. I just don't want olny exhibition games.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:35 PM   #45
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
Well I'm pretty sure they didn't put a ton of effort into making the CPU AI virtually indistiguishable from a human player to turn around and have no worthwhile single player modes outside of exhibition. Just because it's not what we're used to doesn't mean it won't be good.
It's not really a question of good with me. Believe it or not I'm a fan. The problem is usefulness. If I have a game that lacks single player options that are compelling, I have limited use for this title. I might be able to get in 3 online games a week, with luck. I'm not trying to say that VC hasn't made a worthwhile alternative, but I need some world/league to be drawn into to make this a worthwhile purchase. Not an endless series of online games with stacked teams. Or just playing against VIPs until I can make it online. I'm not judging VC's vision and I have limited info but I know what I need from a game. I know that, while Table Tennis was a work of art with addictive gameplay, the lack of depth made it become repetitive quickly. Coaster! And I don't have to buy it. I'm not bashing it, just keeping it real. I'm a gamer with limited time available and odd hours that I can play. No ones fault, just my life.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Last edited by BrianFifaFan; 04-12-2007 at 08:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankingsfan
It's not really a question of good with me. Believe it or not I'm a fan. The problem is usefulness. If I have a game that lacks single player options that are compelling, I have limited use for this title. I might be able to get in 3 online games a week, with luck. I'm not trying to say that VC hasn't made a worthwhile alternative, but I need some world/league to be drawn into to make this a worthwhile purchase. Not an endless series of online games with stacked teams. Or just playing against VIPs until I can make it online. I'm not judging VC's vision and I have limited info but I know what I need from a game. I know that, while Table Tennis was a work of art with addictive gameplay, the lack of depth made it become repetitive quickly. Coaster! And I don't have to buy it. I'm not bashing it, just keeping it real. I'm a gamer with limited time available and odd hours that I can play. No ones fault, just my life.
OK, I was just saying don't give up on single player just because the traditional franchise mode isn't there. There will be deep single player modes, otherwise most of the CPU AI work was a colossal waste of time. They just won't be what were used to. They may be better, they may not, but they will be there. People thinking it's going to be entirely built around online are overreacting.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #47
Rookie

vegaas's Arena

OVR: 5

Didnt think I would be saying this, but if there is no type of franchise mode, this game becomes a rental. I dont play online, hate all the cheese that goes on. I was really looking forward to this game, 2k5 was great and every Madden release since 2001 has been a disappointment. My excitement for this game has waned.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:33 PM   #48
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

I changed my mind. After seeing the full spread in GI and reading the article, this game is a must have IMO. I know there will be some type of season/franchise. I'm real excited about the game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »