Home

How important is franchise mode?

This is a discussion on How important is franchise mode? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How do you play most?
Exhibition against CPU 29 5.66%
Exhibition with friends offline 18 3.52%
Online 51 9.96%
Franchise 414 80.86%
Voters: 512. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-21-2007, 12:22 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: How important is franchise mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I don't find that to be true. If there's no replayability, a lot of people don't want to drop 60 bucks on a game.
A game with single season mode is still very replayable. That's all I play, and these games last me a whole year until the next version comes out. Anyway, the game will no doubt sell if the gameplay is great - that's all I'm saying. The whole Is franchise important? question is pretty goofy, given it's all just personal preference and opinion. I couldn't care less about franchise - totally unnecessary IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2007, 12:25 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
There are a lot of people who don't find franchise mode unnecessary.
See my previous post; last two sentences
Old 04-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #67
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

The very fact that we are here discussing whether or not Franchise Mode is important is extremely pathetic.

But if the purpose of the GI article (which I just read in its entirety when the mag arrived this AM) was to set the expectations for many of its core buyers disturbingly low...

..mission accomplished, 2K.

What's even more disturbing is how some of the people who think 2K can do no-wrong have pondered that there's some other kind of "thing" to replace franchise- as if there's going to be "franchise" play by some other name... or something extremely similar...

..they didn't get that from the article, that's for sure. This was how the discussion ends in the mag after the revelation that there's no franchise mode, crib, or FPF:

"Jeff is adamant on the developers approach. "You have to pick some things and focus. The idea of this game is not to encompass every feature in every football game."

END LACK OF FRANCHISE DISCUSSION. PERIOD. Nothing else is said

Nowhere is there anything to indicate that something else will be there in its place. You guys know darn well if EA did that- or said that- there would be such an grumble that the earth would shake. (And they have done that in the past..)

But- the real goof is that some of you think even 2K's OMISSIONS are brilliant! How often do we now read "We never really needed franchise anyway, we've just been conditioned to think that feature is necessary."

-give me a break.

Then, there's the people shouting, "No 1-100 ratings, BRILLIANT!"
Folks, there's still going to be a relative-ratings system, it just won't read 1-100.

But its hilarious- Some people think whatever 2K does is brilliant, some people think even the UN-included stuff in the game is brilliant.

And some of us are different than the "programmed" EA buyers how???

(with the only exception perhaps being the 2K Phanbois are smaller in number.)

But- perhaps the real wisdom of 2K was that they have completely torn-down the concept of this game to something so basic that we never would have conceived it happening like this.

I guess that's smart in that once the news hits near rock-bottom, there's only "up" from that point.

Hopefully, that positive news will come soon. I don't know if any of you noticed on page 107, near the back cover of the mag- that on April 23rd there will be bonus content on the GI site regarding specifically APF 2K8 and 3 other games. It specifically states that there you can "check out the full interview with VC president Greg Thomas."

That's Monday.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:41 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72

But- the real goof is that some of you think even 2K's OMISSIONS are brilliant! How often do we now read "We never really needed franchise anyway, we've just been conditioned to think that feature is necessary."

-give me a break.

Then, there's the people shouting, "No 1-100 ratings, BRILLIANT!"
Folks, there's still going to be a relative-ratings system, it just won't read 1-100.
i dont think most here think removing franchise mode was "brilliant", have you seen the poll up top on the importance of Franchise mode? I think its just that most are not outraged like some are. Im sure more things we like wont make it into APF.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:09 PM   #69
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

Quote:
I don't find that to be true. If there's no replayability, a lot of people don't want to drop 60 bucks on a game.
screw gameplay, It needs to be great but the Owner Mode needed to crush Maddens, now that they don't even have one I'm certain I won't have 2k8...
Old 04-21-2007, 04:12 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72

But its hilarious- Some people think whatever 2K does is brilliant, some people think even the UN-included stuff in the game is brilliant.

That's what I find so funny. The people who claim that 2k leaving things out is a great move!!! Or they are being innovative. As I said about 1000 times, if it were EA doing such things, I doubt they would be saying the same thing.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:14 PM   #71
Banned

motorcrossman1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
A game with single season mode is still very replayable. That's all I play, and these games last me a whole year until the next version comes out. Anyway, the game will no doubt sell if the gameplay is great - that's all I'm saying. The whole Is franchise important? question is pretty goofy, given it's all just personal preference and opinion. I couldn't care less about franchise - totally unnecessary IMO.
no it's not, season mode was fun in maybe 1997, now days it's a must be a good franchise, not just one that exist. NFL 2k5 had ESPN presentation in the franschise and had Mel Kiper and other things to keep you intune. This doesn't, in my eyes this is the important of a sports game.
Franchise- 50%
Gameplay- 30
Presentation- 10
Customize- 5
Visuals- 5
That the sports power rankings, and the fact that 2k is missing 50 percent already means they failed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2007, 04:29 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
That's what I find so funny. The people who claim that 2k leaving things out is a great move!!! Or they are being innovative. .
where are the posts saying this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »