Home

APF 2K8: Name Your Price

This is a discussion on APF 2K8: Name Your Price within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #17
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: APF 2K8: Name Your Price

Once I read reviews etc.. after the game is released, I will judge if the asking price is worth the product. If it is, I will buy no matter what the price.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:34 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

The lowest price were gonna get is $39.99. No Next-Gen game has hit market any lower. Table-Tennis was $39.99 when it hit stores. To price this game any lower would be suicide on Take-2 part..

Now what I would like to hear is if this game is $39.99 how people would feel about DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT..

DLC is a very hot topic right now within the gaming community. Some people think it's a great idea(especially when it's FREE) & some people think publishers are just trying to milk the product & feel publishers are asking DEVS to short-cut games, for the purpose of making more $ via DLC.

I didn't want to start a NEW Thread, so I pose this question here....

Discuss
Old 04-25-2007, 01:39 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 17

Should a game be priced by it's features or by how fun it is??
Old 04-25-2007, 01:43 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
DLC is a very hot topic right now within the gaming community. Some people think it's a great idea(especially when it's FREE) & some people think publishers are just trying to milk the product & feel publishers are asking DEVS to short-cut games, for the purpose of making more $ via DLC.

Discuss
While your question does sort of go hand in hand with the game's base price, it might be good to create a new thread so things don't get confusing. We'd all like DLC, if priced appropriately. I like the route VC's gone so far; stuff like the moviemaker ($5) is a great price/value without giving you the feeling it should've been included in the base game. But if they're charging for a feature add-on - say, an enhanced player editor or an additional mode (like franchise lol) - it'd probably be interesting to view people's thoughts on that.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-25-2007, 01:50 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That could be the case. Either way, $20 is a no brainer price imo, not $30. And a $20 price tag could do more harm than good. Most people are pretty set in viewing price as reflecting quality. Even with 2K5 at $20, I remember reading a ton of responses from people saying "if it's that cheap it's probably not a good game". I remember hearing someone say that in a store also. Given the game isn't licensed, I'd think that would be the first reaction - not "oh, we're getting a bargain"
I don't buy the more harm than good. I don't think it was a coincidence, that 2k's best year sales wise, by far I might note, was the year that they dropped the price to 20 bucks. Seems to me that was the smartest marketing decision TT/VC has made to this point.

Quote:
Based on this game existing. I know you probably feel it's 2K fans that prompted VC making this game, but I don't feel that's anywhere near the case. Most of us would be playing Madden next gen now if it were what it should be - the fact is it isn't. Madden was a system seller for the PS1/PS2/XBox - I think it's safe to say most people don't feel that way about the 360/PS3. Madden next gen isn't even as good as it's current gen brother - and most people know it/acknowledge it. If you want to make a valid argument to the contrary, I'd love to hear it.
I don't know where you get this. I can say this with the utmost confidence. This game coming out has zero to do with the quality of Madden. Madden could have been the greatest game ever made, and this game would still be hitting the stores.

As far as your opinion of the game quality of Madden, it's irrelevant. Sales, are all that matters to these companies. Fact of the matter is whether you want to accept it or not, Madden is not losing it's grip on the football game market.

Quote:
I don't have solid proof, but I'm pretty sure the $19.99 price tag for 2K5 wasn't announced until IGN did that blowout preview for it in May of it's release year - just before E3. Or the price was released at a later date. I don't remember us speculating beforehand why the price would be so low. I think both the price and release date weren't known until late May/late June of that year. Just because a price and release date appear on retail sites doesn't mean it's set in stone.
I hope you are right. But I don't think you are seeing this clearly and your need to defend all things 2k, is clouding your judgment. I think a $39.99 price point would be smart. But who knows. As someone pointed out so well earlier, we aren't the type of gamers 2k needs to worry about selling this game to. It's going to be EXTREMELY difficult to get the joe gamer, game buying public to invest 50 or 60 dollars in to an unlicensed football game. Especially one that hasn't been around, and that so few really know the background on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #22
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
The lowest price were gonna get is $39.99. No Next-Gen game has hit market any lower. Table-Tennis was $39.99 when it hit stores. To price this game any lower would be suicide on Take-2 part..

Now what I would like to hear is if this game is $39.99 how people would feel about DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT..

Discuss
Problem with DLC, is the number of people out there with brodband access is still relatively small. So by making a lot of the good stuff DLC, you are alienating a large portion of your customer base.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 18

Hmmm. If ea can charge full price for the next gen madden garbage that they have been putting out, then 2k should charge full price for theirs. I would pay 59.99 for it but if it is less I would'nt complain.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:55 PM   #24
All Star

OVR: 17

DLC is cool and all, but hell if you pay $40+ for a game i'd like everything possible to be inside the package.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »