Home

Euphoria mummerings

This is a discussion on Euphoria mummerings within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #33
Pro

pistonpete's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Euphoria mummerings

so if i understand correctly, with euphoria, if two guys collided on a tackle the resulting moving images would not only reflect real life results but also never ever be the same? in other words instead of having two video clips (one of each guy) of steven jackson trucking deangelo hall, you would, dependent on a ton of physics info and each avatars size, weight and location, get different outcomes, not redundant animations? if that's true and this is in the game (get a clue EA), then this game will be revolutionary to say the least. in theory, you could play thousands of games and never see the exact same tackle, ever! that would make this game so fresh and visually amazing. if this is so, i can see why 2k isn't showing any videos of gameplay. i would do the same thing. i'd just let the masses think this is going to be a very good game, and bam!!! hit them with this and watch as they and EA's jaw drops to the floor.
(btw, i went back and read thru some threads to come up to speed)

pete
Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #34
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete
so if i understand correctly, with euphoria, if two guys collided on a tackle the resulting moving images would not only reflect real life results but also never ever be the same? in other words instead of having two video clips (one of each guy) of steven jackson trucking deangelo hall, you would, dependent on a ton of physics info and each avatars size, weight and location, get different outcomes, not redundant animations? if that's true and this is in the game (get a clue EA), then this game will be revolutionary to say the least. in theory, you could play thousands of games and never see the exact same tackle, ever! that would make this game so fresh and visually amazing. if this is so, i can see why 2k isn't showing any videos of gameplay. i would do the same thing. i'd just let the masses think this is going to be a very good game, and bam!!! hit them with this and watch as they and EA's jaw drops to the floor.

pete

the greatest thing about this, if it is in the game. You will have those moments that happen once in history, the big plays, the big hits, i dont know how many times i have dover over the line in EA football, the first time i was like "Cool" and had to show my roomates, the next 50 times i got sick of it.

The key would be that every hit is different, imagine goin up in the air to catch the ball at the 3, and the safety comes in to hit your guy, one time he might flip you over with a low hit, another spin you in the air into the endzone, and another, and so on.

Along with the injuries. Think about when you kill the QB, maybe from the side, by the knees, or hit them high and they smack the back of their heads on the turf.

Gang tackles that get legs hung up under another tackler, twisted, broken. Tons of things could happen, so i guess we will see.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonpete

pete

It's just to hard to believe. I don't want to be a pansy, and I have been reading up on NM. Maybe I am being to cynical, because if this is the direction of AP2k8, you are talking about the revolution of sport gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2007, 04:41 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull
It's just to hard to believe. I don't want to be a pansy, and I have been reading up on NM. Maybe I am being to cynical, because if this is the direction of AP2k8, you are talking about the revolution of sport gaming.
someone has to do it.....maybe this will also be used for that boxing title that was mentioned last year.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:53 PM   #37

OVR: 34

Some more evidence taken from the GI article.

"A good example of the game's blending of AI and animations is in your QB's ability to throw the ball while he's getting tackled. The resulting toss will be subject to all kinds of variables to determine how bad of a throw it is, but giving the player the option to follow through or tuck the ball before its releases shows a lot of confidence in the gameplay"

From 1Up.com:

"a defensive back tipped a ball and his teammate slid to catch it before it hit the ground"

We haven't heard much, but these examples, while not revealing that they are using Euphoria, do imply that we will see animations that have never been seen before.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:03 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 4

way to take that old info and make it new info sounds good. Nice find i can't wait to play it or see it at this point.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:07 PM   #39
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I think that the more important thing that this engine does is it completely takes momentum into effect. If there was a 300 lb DE that could run a 4.3 versus a 180 lb HB that could only run a 4.8, the resulting blow would be impenetrable. Tackle ratings will perhaps come into play as well, but I mean... creating guys with some amount of weight will actually mean something this time around.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 05-22-2007, 05:14 PM   #40
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If there was a 300 lb DE that could run a 4.3 versus a 180 lb HB that could only run a 4.8, the resulting blow would be impenetrable.

i would love to see that hit with Euphoria

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »