Home

Uniwatch blog discusses APF

This is a discussion on Uniwatch blog discusses APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #57
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Uniwatch blog discusses APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
One note about editing your logo, you cant create a logo but you can select one (there are about 200 total) and edit the colors. I asked Chau about this limitation and he said they did it for 2 reasons. First, they didn’t want people to create vulgar logos. Second, they don’t want people to create NFL logos because 2k would potentially like to bid for the NFL license in a few years and doesn’t want to upset the NFL.

That hadn't occured to me, but Chau is absolutely right on this one. God knows what some people might come up with (and try to use online). If my experiences playing fantasy football are any indication, there would be some unbelievably filthy names and logos floating around.

Last edited by coogrfan; 06-15-2007 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #58
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
I think what appears to be hurting the style of this game is that there isn't a base to build on. Is there a league name, with logos that represent that league in a consistent color scheme? If so, these logos need to be on all the teams uniforms and also on the fields. Heck, call it the APFL.

From what we have seen so far, there doesn't appear to be a central focus to draw from. Maybe they are leaving it up to us to design things, but I feel that there needs to be a league name and then wrap that up in the presentation that is the 2K Sports Network.

Is it possible that they are very concerned about this game looking anything like the NFL that they are very barebones with it? That would be odd simply because you have 240 likenesses of guys that played there.
It's a difficult/huge endeavor and a huge accomplishment imo regardless of how sales or the game itself turns out. I think your idea is a good one, but try to get ten other people's opinions and you're likely to get ten different answers. That's why this is such a tough road for them to take. From what it sounds like, they may have nailed the stadiums, giving them their own unique feel - something I thought they'd have a tough time with since there's no team history to draw on. I don't think the uniforms are horrid; just think they could've been better. I think with the images VC has put out so far VC may have been trying (in part) to show the level of customization we'll have w/the uniforms. Even the shoes are extremely varied. I just think they had so much they could've used for inspiration, given the number of cool designs out there - you could come up with many variations just off the Miami Hurricanes unis alone. Either way, hopefully it isn't something that people will use to dog the game

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-15-2007, 04:51 PM   #59
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

That hadn't occured to me, but Chau is absolutely right on this one. God knows what some people might come up with.
Really. Hadn't thought of that myself

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »