Home

Uniwatch blog discusses APF

This is a discussion on Uniwatch blog discusses APF within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Uniwatch blog discusses APF

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I would love that but i cant guarantee it. The last two events (NBA and MLB) I went to I came home with a game but it was a lot closer to release day. If anything I will probably end up with a copy of the Bigs.

LOL, now you're really going to get the third degree tomorrow. I think you will. I really think this game is a lot closer than we think and they're going to push it out ASAP as soon MS and Sony approve it. I think they really want to beat NCAA to the market.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 PM   #34
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Which means you can spend the entire two hours on APF, right? Right?
Please. Like I said before I'll be lucky to get 15 min actually playing the game.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:40 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy Knox
we need this a-hole to get back with this information! lol. damn gotta wait...
that's not even funny, dawg. play nice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2007, 03:49 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the article and its clear that you have a huge bias. Neither game is getting a pass on this site by most OSers. Only the Madden and APF fanboys feel the need to defend every negative about their favorite games.

I swear I used to look at 2k as the plucky underdog but the excuses that people make for this game are just ridiculous. This is my most anticipated game of the year but I wont make excuses for the lack of franchise, sub par graphics and player models in the trailer and the look of the default unis. No one will be eating crow if 2k improves the game greatly from the trailer because u can only judge what 2k has given us (and thats a 1 min trailer and 15 screenshots). I hope the game playse and looks great tomorrow but I'm not going to give 2k the benefit of the doubt just because I like them better as a company.

LOL, Its clear that I have a bias because I point out what I see as some bias towards 2K ? Where are the excuses I make for anything you dont like about the game ? I pointed out the games both have improved and one gets kudos for finally being like the other and one gets the fine tooth comb.

If you the "journalist" look at the closeup pics of the uniforms of both games, you can clearly see there aint much difference. Both have high detail. You dont like the colors of the uniforms, thats cool, I dont either, but to make that seem like the game is now crap,(not saying you personally) especially when you have the option to make the uniforms look like you want is sorta not fair dont you think ? How is pointing that out being biased or making excuses ?

Lack of a franchise.
1. How would you the journalist have implemented a franchise ?
2. There ARE alot of people who dont even fool around with the franchise modes much(include me) so wouldnt a prudent "journalist" report the game has no franchise mode so for those who enjoy that mode this weill be a big let down. Not give the impression that the game is destined to fell for lack of one ? Again not saying you did that but there are those who did.

Is it bias to point that out ?

Madden dont have online leagues, alot of people wanted that for a long time and they still dont have it. Does it get beat up by the journalist for it ? I dont think Madden is crap for not having online leagues. Am I still biased ?

Hope the game is better than what you saw in the trailer. If not Ill be eating crow.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:51 PM   #37
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Dude... the guy critiques jerseys.

Jerseys. He's not even a video game guy... damn dude...

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 06-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
LOL, Its clear that I have a bias because I point out what I see as some bias towards 2K ? Where are the excuses I make for anything you dont like about the game ? I pointed out the games both have improved and one gets kudos for finally being like the other and one gets the fine tooth comb.

If you the "journalist" look at the closeup pics of the uniforms of both games, you can clearly see there aint much difference. Both have high detail. You dont like the colors of the uniforms, thats cool, I dont either, but to make that seem like the game is now crap,(not saying you personally) especially when you have the option to make the uniforms look like you want is sorta not fair dont you think ? How is pointing that out being biased or making excuses ?

Lack of a franchise.
2. There ARE alot of people who dont even fool around with the franchise modes much(include me) so wouldnt a prudent "journalist" report the game has no franchise mode so for those who enjoy that mode this weill be a big let down. Not give the impression that the game is destined to fell for lack of one ? Again not saying you did that but there are those who did.

Madden dont have online leagues, alot of people wanted that for a long time and they still dont have it. Does it get beat up by the journalist for it ? I dont think Madden is crap for not having online leagues. Am I still biased ?

Hope the game is better than what you saw in the trailer. If not Ill be eating crow.
I think your error was the thread you chose to post that in, not the post itself.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:14 PM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:

Lack of a franchise.

Ok, Ill bite. You arent biased because you point out bias. You are biased because you refuse to call APF out for its omissions while killing Madden for what its missing. I call out both games for what they are missing and dont show any kind of favortism. I'm just asking you to call it straight down the line.

Regarding franchise mode, that solution is simple: 2k could have implemented a franchise mode similar to what Winning Eleven (a unlicensed game featuring legends) does. In that game, you have the choice to include legends or play with the created players. If you chose to include legends, the legends will appear as free agents and teams can sign them (There is no draft in european soccer). The legends come in at random ages and progress from there. Its that simple. People on this board love to excuse this omission because its 2k but when EA left out a franchise mode in NBA Live 06 for the 360, people raked EA over the coals. I'm not defending EA but 2k should get the same treatment and backlash that EA did for leaving out this mode.

One last point is that if you took a poll and asked people whats more important: franchise mode or online leagues, I bet you the majority would say franchise mode. Just because it isnt important to you doesnt mean that most dont consider this a mandatory feature in a sports game. This is just speculation but the lines that 2k has been feeding as reasons for not implementing this mode are crap. I speculate that the real reason is that the NFL 2k5 franchise was so buggy that they couldnt port it over (like they have some of the animations) and they decided to create the mode from scratch and didnt have enough time to implement it
Old 06-14-2007, 04:40 PM   #40
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

Lack of a franchise.

There is poll on this site and well over 75% play franchise mode. I still can't believe 2k didnt put some kind of franchise in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »