Home

Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case....

This is a discussion on Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case.... within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #73
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Sixty dollars is worth paying in any case....

It is a very simple outline, and i can really give a **** if i am upsetting you. because the basics are that YOU ALL I should put it will be spending 60$ on a game with less features from a 4 year old game. It is not about how the game plays it is about what is offered and what we are paying for. bottom line.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

it's a simple outline created to skew the perception towards the negative viewpoint. people do it all the time. we have some information and are missing information so what we have can be interpreted positively or negatively and this is how you've skewed it. if you're not spending $60 good for you, man. Many people said they won't but they don't go into these biased rants to do it.

i'll be spending $60 (more if you include still needing to buy a console) for this game and it won't be for a game with less features than 2k5. The NFL license is not a feature. Franchise mode is and was said to not be there a looooong time ago. do i really need to go thru the rest of the crap with all the threads already out here?

- who said "slightly better graphics than 2k5"?
- 2k5 sold for $20 just like every other 2k5 game... it was a company promotion. like i said, if you think 2k5 was a $20 game then APF isn't made for you.
- 2k5 played a great game of football, APF is said to play a better game than any of the games put out last year AND 2k5
- you act like improved DB play is the only addition to gameplay
- the legends are just a throw in?

anyway, even people complaining about the game can see the problem with your analysis. like i said... sorry like YOU said, you're waiting for the review. please, just wait then. we've got some pretty clear previews and you don't even want to take an unbiased view of those...as a 2k5 fan. so you may not even want to bother waiting. just don't get it. rent it.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #75
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
it's a simple outline created to skew the perception towards the negative viewpoint. people do it all the time. we have some information and are missing information so what we have can be interpreted positively or negatively and this is how you've skewed it. if you're not spending $60 good for you, man. Many people said they won't but they don't go into these biased rants to do it.

i'll be spending $60 (more if you include still needing to buy a console) for this game and it won't be for a game with less features than 2k5. The NFL license is not a feature. Franchise mode is and was said to not be there a looooong time ago. do i really need to go thru the rest of the crap with all the threads already out here?

- who said "slightly better graphics than 2k5"?
- 2k5 sold for $20 just like every other 2k5 game... it was a company promotion. like i said, if you think 2k5 was a $20 game then APF isn't made for you.
- 2k5 played a great game of football, APF is said to play a better game than any of the games put out last year AND 2k5
- you act like improved DB play is the only addition to gameplay
- the legends are just a throw in?

anyway, even people complaining about the game can see the problem with your analysis. like i said... sorry like YOU said, you're waiting for the review. please, just wait then. we've got some pretty clear previews and you don't even want to take an unbiased view of those...as a 2k5 fan. so you may not even want to bother waiting. just don't get it. rent it.
I am bias in no way and I have read all the reviews and that is were i have gotten the information and have reason to believe that it will not warrant a 60$ price tag. But it is people like you that don't look at it from another angle than " A new 2K game MUST BUY" there should go more into purchasing products to have them PUSH for our support. It should not be were they release a half done game and just because of the name they make plenty of money. This is a issue with madden that will NEVER change and EA will not either because they don't have to. They have a blind customer base that will for ever buy a new roster update and 1 new feature for 60$ every year. This problem really only happens with sport titles. NBA live continued to never rasie the bar and it took 2k to finially release a product worth the money and EA's Live series took a Huge loss. Total revamp you can bet this year. That is what I am discussing. Madden 06 for 360 the first football title on 360 took a HUGE rating drop with like a 6.9 or something because of lack of features YET it still had a franchise. Yet AP2K8 can get away with it because of the blind customers. I am not bashing the game itself I am bashing the team of 2K. Terrible marketing, Terrible voice to the public (2k fans), just all around shady business
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2007, 02:48 PM   #76
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotShot232
I am bias in no way and I have read all the reviews and that is were i have gotten the information and have reason to believe that it will not warrant a 60$ price tag. But it is people like you that don't look at it from another angle than " A new 2K game MUST BUY" there should go more into purchasing products to have them PUSH for our support. It should not be were they release a half done game and just because of the name they make plenty of money. This is a issue with madden that will NEVER change and EA will not either because they don't have to. They have a blind customer base that will for ever buy a new roster update and 1 new feature for 60$ every year. This problem really only happens with sport titles. NBA live continued to never rasie the bar and it took 2k to finially release a product worth the money and EA's Live series took a Huge loss. Total revamp you can bet this year. That is what I am discussing. Madden 06 for 360 the first football title on 360 took a HUGE rating drop with like a 6.9 or something because of lack of features YET it still had a franchise. Yet AP2K8 can get away with it because of the blind customers. I am not bashing the game itself I am bashing the team of 2K. Terrible marketing, Terrible voice to the public (2k fans), just all around shady business
read through my posts and show me blindly defending this game. then read through the impressions... you can just stick to the ones here, and tell me how your list is an accurate representation of what this game has to offer. you talk about people "like me"... blind customers when you have so much crap in that post, people not happy about this game can see it.

like i said, i have nothing against blind customers or people that only see what they want to (like you)... buy the game you want or don't buy the game you don't want. if you want to rant on about BS then expect a response. your facts are all screwed up.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:56 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 1

Just being able to have the ability to run like Barry sanders and throw like marino is worth $ 60
Old 06-19-2007, 02:59 PM   #78
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
read through my posts and show me blindly defending this game. then read through the impressions... you can just stick to the ones here, and tell me how your list is an accurate representation of what this game has to offer. you talk about people "like me"... blind customers when you have so much crap in that post, people not happy about this game can see it.

like i said, i have nothing against blind customers or people that only see what they want to (like you)... buy the game you want or don't buy the game you don't want. if you want to rant on about BS then expect a response. your facts are all screwed up.
Ok I must have misread all the previews, non of them stated lack of presentation. None of them stated they saw alot of the old 2k5 animations. None of them stated franchise is not in. The very own mod for this site was wary of it.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:33 PM   #79
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Do you even no what a mod (or moderator) is? All a mod does is make sure the forums stay on topic, ban people when necessary, etc. Having the title of a "mod" means nothing in terms of looking at a game here or anywhere else.

People aren't paying attention b/c Aaron and Z are "mods". Since we're obviously going to continue this conversation I might as well get some of your facts straight for you.

Did you re-read what they said? I'm sure you didn't. Aaron said the presentation as we know it in 2k5 is not there. That's the pregame report, halftime report and postgame report. Not that it matters but the halftime report is the only one that would matter to me b/c the pre and post get real old but that's my opinion. Anyway, he also stated that INSTEAD they are doing other things like FIELD PASS, interactive sidelines, etc. His feelings of field pass seem similar to mine with the pregame so we'll see... but we haven't seen yet. Z said he liked the NEW PRESENTATION. Neither said it was BAD or there was NO presentation. They said that there was less than 2k5. Outside of the pre/half/post the rest of 2k5 presentation was in franchise. We have no idea what kind of presentation will be in season mode and the cut scenes that were already in 2k5 were most likely not removed b/c they fit an "on the field" presentation style.

One person said they saw A LOT of 2k5 animations in their 30 mins of play... that's out of all the impressions we've got. Others have said how much smoother the game feels, how hot the signature styles of the Legends are, seeing at least one new gang tackling animation, how great the pocket looks, etc.

Again, you see what you want to see.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:41 PM   #80
Banned

HotShot232's Arena

Quote:
Do you even no what a mod (or moderator) is? All a mod does is make sure the forums stay on topic, ban people when necessary, etc. Having the title of a "mod" means nothing in terms of looking at a game here or anywhere else.

People aren't paying attention b/c Aaron and Z are "mods". Since we're obviously going to continue this conversation I might as well get some of your facts straight for you.

Did you re-read what they said? I'm sure you didn't. Aaron said the presentation as we know it in 2k5 is not there. That's the pregame report, halftime report and postgame report. Not that it matters but the halftime report is the only one that would matter to me b/c the pre and post get real old but that's my opinion. Anyway, he also stated that INSTEAD they are doing other things like FIELD PASS, interactive sidelines, etc. His feelings of field pass seem similar to mine with the pregame so we'll see... but we haven't seen yet. Z said he liked the NEW PRESENTATION. Neither said it was BAD or there was NO presentation. They said that there was less than 2k5. Outside of the pre/half/post the rest of 2k5 presentation was in franchise. We have no idea what kind of presentation will be in season mode and the cut scenes that were already in 2k5 were most likely not removed b/c they fit an "on the field" presentation style.

One person said they saw A LOT of 2k5 animations in their 30 mins of play... that's out of all the impressions we've got. Others have said how much smoother the game feels, how hot the signature styles of the Legends are, seeing at least one new gang tackling animation, how great the pocket looks, etc.

Again, you see what you want to see.
Well see that is what i am trying to point out, you yourself just stated that you read loss of these features yet WHY are they selling it 30$ higher. That is my point. They have admited it is being rushed and have admited that franchise will be most likly in the following title. Yet we will spend the same amount of both? That is my point

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »