Home

New Gamespot APF2K8 hands on

This is a discussion on New Gamespot APF2K8 hands on within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #41
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: New Gamespot APF2K8 hands on

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
actually we did see the "pregame" and it looked good enough to me. the only "in game" presentation of that type I really think was worth copying completely was the halftime. i'm anxious to see what they did there but the post game got old after 2 times seeing it. the pregame in APF is better than 2k5 imo. i don't know how they can match the halftime show though but we'll see what they got.
Damn..I didnt see the pregame... Either way, my point was that APF is not way behind 2k5 in presentation and I think most see it that way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 PM   #42
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

go back to the gamespot vid (with the gameplay. they go thru setting up your team and then show the pregame, coin toss, kickoff, etc.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:16 PM   #43
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
actually we did see the "pregame" and it looked good enough to me. the only "in game" presentation of that type I really think was worth copying completely was the halftime. i'm anxious to see what they did there but the post game got old after 2 times seeing it. the pregame in APF is better than 2k5 imo. i don't know how they can match the halftime show though but we'll see what they got.
I'm happy with just about everything I saw except one thing...Since when did
Barry Sanders start trucking mf's, lol! But this game looks next gen to me, the gameplay looks fantastic, and....I'm just elated by what I saw.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
Damn..I didnt see the pregame... Either way, my point was that APF is not way behind 2k5 in presentation and I think most see it that way.
I think most see it the other way, especially the non-fanboy types. I'm not sure how they couldn't since this definitely looks like a lot less.

Also, after seeing the newer videos the field pass does look just like a filler. It's really nothing. It's what we've always gotten except they key on a player just a little bit closer and the player says a one-liner. However, even that other game has tight shots of single players, and sometimes they also say one liners.

It's not awful, but c'mon... this is nowhere near the kinda stuff we got in 2K5.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:52 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I think most see it the other way, especially the non-fanboy types. I'm not sure how they couldn't since this definitely looks like a lot less.

Also, after seeing the newer videos the field pass does look just like a filler. It's really nothing. It's what we've always gotten except they key on a player just a little bit closer and the player says a one-liner. However, even that other game has tight shots of single players, and sometimes they also say one liners.

It's not awful, but c'mon... this is nowhere near the kinda stuff we got in 2K5.
The presentation is also including living sidelines. I mean, which is better? The halftime show or the sidelines that stop your players from going out of bounds, working fans, talking trash to the other team. Reasonable minds may differ, but to say that one is a lot less than the other is really left to what you desire. I agree with Methlab on this one. It is a matter of taste and a matter of refocusing presentation. But any rate I wouldn't say that APF is far behind in presentation, just different.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2007, 10:02 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
The presentation is also including living sidelines. I mean, which is better?The halftime show or the sidelines that stop your players from going out of bounds, working fans, talking trash to the other team. Reasonable minds may differ, but to say that one is a lot less than the other is really left to what you desire. I agree with Methlab on this one. It is a matter of taste and a matter of refocusing presentation. But any rate I wouldn't say that APF is far behind in presentation, just different.
I've always thought of presentation being things like: Replay sequences, overlays, sideline reporting, commentary, Pregame shows, halftime shows, post game shows. You know, presentation like what's defined with a TV broadcast. 2K5 established that standard. We're not getting that this time, and to me different just doesn't mean better in this case; it means less. That doesn't mean it can't be liked, but it certainly isn't as robust.

To me, living sidelines have nothing to do with presentation as it has to do with on-field/in-game atmosphere which is something separate. Having said that, I think living sidelines are long overdue and I'm glad it's in there.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I've always thought of presentation being things like: Replay sequences, overlays, sideline reporting, commentary, Pregame shows, halftime shows, post game shows. You know, presentation like what's defined with a TV broadcast. 2K5 established that standard. We're not getting that this time, and to me different just doesn't mean better in this case; it means less. That doesn't mean it can't be liked, but it certainly isn't as robust.

To me, living sidelines have nothing to do with presentation as it has to do with on-field/in-game atmosphere which is something separate. Having said that, I think living sidelines are long overdue and I'm glad it's in there.
Yes .. and some people are not really sitting down and looking at the word presentation ..

Definition :Presentation is the process of presenting the content of a topic to an audience. Presentation software, such as OpenOffice.org Impress, Apple Keynote or Microsoft PowerPoint, is often used to generate the presentation content.

And you are right, most of 2k5's presentation isn't here this year. But tbh, the gameplay will hopefully make up for it, along with the atmosphere of the gameplay .. I am sure you will forget about the presentation from the time to come. I even forgot about it in 2k5 after while, because it became repetitive and I didn't really need to see the game I played showed to me again, but for the first few times, it was amazing. But the gameplay is what I was looking forward to, and it definetely kept me busy and satifisfied
Old 06-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Yes .. and some people are not really sitting down and looking at the word presentation ..

Definition :Presentation is the process of presenting the content of a topic to an audience. Presentation software, such as OpenOffice.org Impress, Apple Keynote or Microsoft PowerPoint, is often used to generate the presentation content.

And you are right, most of 2k5's presentation isn't here this year. But tbh, the gameplay will hopefully make up for it, along with the atmosphere of the gameplay .. I am sure you will forget about the presentation from the time to come. I even forgot about it in 2k5 after while, because it became repetitive and I didn't really need to see the game I played showed to me again, but for the first few times, it was amazing. But the gameplay is what I was looking forward to, and it definetely kept me busy and satifisfied
There is no doubt that the gameplay is what will keep you coming back. But, I'm one who loved the presentation and never got tired of it. I think I only cycled off of the halftime and Postgame show of 2K5 maybe 2 or 3 times in the 3 years I've had the game! Now that's some serious enjoying

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »