Home

How would you rate 2k8? Review wise.

This is a discussion on How would you rate 2k8? Review wise. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:04 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: How would you rate 2k8? Review wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully
In the same token, VC could've packaged 10 Yard Fight with a APF 2K8 label, and the 2k fans would love it just because it isn't Madden.

I don't play favorites, and have been highly critical of EA's football game in the past. I'm simply calling it like it is.
You are so full of it.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:05 AM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
It's the best football sim to date IMO and it's not even close. It's amazing how a "3 year old engine" is still LIGHT YEARS ahead of any other football engine(and I would argue it has the best sports engine) to date. I'm a FOOTBALL fan first. I love FOOTBALL, so to me any game that does FOOTBALL justice can't get anything less than a 8 to me.

I love the dynasty mode and other extras in NCAA '08, but could I honestly rate it over APF if it isn't half as nice on the field? Wouldn't that contradict what I've always said over the years?
That is so true.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:21 AM   #51
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
You are so full of it.
Great post!

Then again, I've noticed that 90% of your posts in this forum are you agreeing with someone that praises APF, and disagreeing with someone that doesn't!

Way to be opinionated!

I'm all for having a discussion on this topic, and I think that's what spankdatazz is trying to do as well. As for you, you're just trolling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #52
Rookie

Quote:
Great post!

Then again, I've noticed that 90% of your posts in this forum are you agreeing with someone that praises APF, and disagreeing with someone that doesn't!

Way to be opinionated!

I'm all for having a discussion on this topic, and I think that's what spankdatazz is trying to do as well. As for you, you're just trolling.
Trolling? Hardly. Just because I like the game does not mean I am trolling. I have stated what is wrong with the game but the gameplay itself is not part of that. This guy is painting with a broad brush. He is labeling people who like the game. I have not done anything like that. This is a great game gameplay wise. to me all of the other features while nice to have are just that features. They have no effect on the actual gameplay itself which is what makes this game the best ever. Call me what you will. I tell it like it is.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:28 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMonroy
Trolling? Hardly. Just because I like the game does not mean I am trolling. I have stated what is wrong with the game but the gameplay itself is not part of that. This guy is painting with a broad brush. He is labeling people who like the game. I have not done anything like that. This is a great game gameplay wise. to me all of the other features while nice to have are just that features. They have no effect on the actual gameplay itself which is what makes this game the best ever. Call me what you will. I tell it like it is.
Yay, an opinion of your own! Good job. I knew you could do it.

What it all boils down to is what YOU expect from the game, and what YOU like/dislike about the game. Not everyone is going to share the same opinion, and you have to respect that.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #54
Rookie

I do. Like I said this guy was just lumping everybody who likes 2K together. I do not see why you are on me when he was doing that. Oh well it takes all kinds no? :P
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM   #55
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

I'll give it a solid 5.

Let's see....incredibly bare-bones game modes, including lack of franchise mode which has been in every sports title for the past five years or so. Stale animations. Very stale commentary. Braindead CPU DBs who don't react to the ball as it's moving past their heads. Ridiculous "pound on the A button" running system. (What is this, Track and Field for the NES?) Lousy playbooks with no variety. Every team pretty much plays the same. Overpowered legends who can't be tackled or caught by mere mortal default players. Overdone and overexaggerated momentum system. "Realistic" moves like charging up a QB for a super-throw by holding down the A button.

Etc, etc, etc. I could go on, but I agree with Sully's point that 2K could take a steaming dump in a box and sell it for $60 to 95% of their fanbase. So pointing out the flaws in the game is pretty much a wasted exercise at this point. But it is funny that for all the talk about the NFL license exclusivity meaning that Madden would lack innovation without any competition, 2K's fanbase is so happy with such a stale and dated game.

But I guess you can't really improve what's already perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2007, 10:00 AM   #56
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
I don't play favorites, and have been highly critical of EA's football game in the past. I'm simply calling it like it is.
Actually Sully, you are calling it like you see it, which is fine, but I still don't understand your "pricing reasoning", where you are paying $40 more for a game that is essentially 2k5. As critical as you have been of EA's football games have you ever called them to task for having the audacity to charge $50-$60 for a game? 2K should be penalized because they ridiculously lowered the price of one of their games 3 years ago? There is a greater "night and day" between 2K5 and 2K8 then the Madden and NCAA series of the last 5 YEARS. The legends, the atmosphere, the tier no number ratings, the attributes, the online factor where you're not seeing the same 3 or 4 NFL teams all the time, THE IMPROVED DB AI (hey, they don't jump 10 yards from the ball anymore do they?), and the commentary (well 6 out of 7 ain't bad).
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »