Home

SEASON MODE NOT BAD AT ALL.

This is a discussion on SEASON MODE NOT BAD AT ALL. within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: SEASON MODE NOT BAD AT ALL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
I doubt there'll be another APF anyway, but hope springs eternal.
That's one seriously oxymoronic sentence there

How about at the very least a multi-season mode, with trades and injuries that carry over into the next season. It would be fun to track the accumulated stats of your legends over a number of years, compared to legends on other teams. Call it Road to the HOF.

And if they're not going to have a post-championship game celebration, at least include a rendered virtual cut-scene of Finn running around in his underwear and pouring champagne over his head, C'MON!
Old 08-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 10

My big problem is that no matter which team you pick, you replace the same team and play in the same division with pretty much the same exact schedule every single time. It was fun once, but realizing that killed any desire to do it again.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnarlyKing
My big problem is that no matter which team you pick, you replace the same team and play in the same division with pretty much the same exact schedule every single time. It was fun once, but realizing that killed any desire to do it again.
At the very least, I expected the 2K5 system where you choose the division you wish to play in, and then your schedule/opponents change accordingly. Seriously, is it asking too much for just THAT?

And past that, once I heard the CPU team unis/rosters were preset and couldn't be changed, I was hoping we could change the number of teams in the league, and pick which teams we wanted to play against in each division. Not a lot to ask IMO given how limited the season mode is in every other area.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 12:47 PM   #12
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I've vented about the season mode enough. It's outright horrible. It's nothing more than a collection of exhibition games. They did nothing to make postseason games any different than a logo on the field and a few additional lines from the commentators. You get nothing for breaking records, getting to, or winning the championship. It's EA level, far below what I expected from 2k.

The lack of depth in anything but online makes me think they just wanted to cash in on the 2k5 fans and nothing more. This game is horrible offline, and the season mode is a one and done thing...something you'd never play again once you've gone through it once.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
I've vented about the season mode enough. It's outright horrible. It's nothing more than a collection of exhibition games. They did nothing to make postseason games any different than a logo on the field and a few additional lines from the commentators. You get nothing for breaking records, getting to, or winning the championship. It's EA level, far below what I expected from 2k.

The lack of depth in anything but online makes me think they just wanted to cash in on the 2k5 fans and nothing more. This game is horrible offline, and the season mode is a one and done thing...something you'd never play again once you've gone through it once.
Well I am enjoying the season mode. There are injuries during the season mode. I know my starting qb was out for 6 weeks.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 9

Why no multi-player feature for the season mode? They put it in NBA 2k7 but not for All Pro? I never understood why 2k sports force people to play their season like this. Not everyone wants to play the cpu in season mode. It's like they limit the customer on purpose. To me, this is worse then Madden having one playable camera option by far.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeslang
Why no multi-player feature for the season mode? They put it in NBA 2k7 but not for All Pro? I never understood why 2k sports force people to play their season like this. Not everyone wants to play the cpu in season mode. It's like they limit the customer on purpose. To me, this is worse then Madden having one playable camera option by far.
Yeah, there are a few poor design issues in this game. VC had such a feaar of people making this an nfl game that they lock gamers in a very small closet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 01:25 PM   #16
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Well I am enjoying the season mode. There are injuries during the season mode. I know my starting qb was out for 6 weeks.
i went through it once completely, beat the Legends and their 32 gold level players, and got nothing to reward me. It gave me the achievements, which I was going to get even if I had to sim. I was playing through the season for fun, and wanted to see what they had in store to reward me for winning. Waste of time.

It's almost guaranteed you'll play the Legends every time anyways, so it's not like it's a deep season mode. I'd understand liking injuries and the ability to play backups if they had progression and multiple seasons, but as it is, the injuries will only make it harder to win. Your season will end the same way regardless of if you had marino throw 15 TD's in the championship or if you had a backup generic QB take over for him with an injury and miss the playoffs.

Last edited by bkfount; 08-09-2007 at 01:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »