Home

Is APF Getting close to simulating a game of Real Football?

This is a discussion on Is APF Getting close to simulating a game of Real Football? within the All Pro Football 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Is APF Getting close to simulating a game of Real Football?

Quote:
What was the offense doing? Were they running the ball in their first series then pass?
I pass the majority of the game. That's my offense in this game. With the blackbirds I run Ace and pass alot. With the Gladiators I run one back spread sets the entire game.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #50
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

I did something wise and held off playing this game too much so that when i play it in say sept oct it'll be fersh..i have the game but just haven't played it for along time will soon after my madden fever dies though
Old 08-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Kenny
Yea they need to make the DL stars more focused next year so guys like Reggie White will be feared. Right now i only fear the CB stars.

But i dont want them to make it where the DL are so strong that they get 6-7 sacks a game, that would be like DL Glitching.
you don't know what you're talking about. Read up on the eagles gang green defense. reggie white, jerome brown, mike golic, clyde simmons. 10 sacks on AIKMAN. It wasn't no generic O line either, it was the great cowboys OLine who gave emmitt all those yards. guess what? Put these same exact players in this game VS GENERIC OLINE and they barely get 3-4 sacks, much less 6-7.
6-7 sacks is not DL glitching. Them 90s eagles dline must be glitching then.

And I never call man vs the run. So don't say thats why my players dont contain

Last edited by dunelly; 08-12-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunelly
you don't know what you're talking about. Read up on the eagles gang green defense. reggie white, jerome brown, mike golic, clyde simmons. 10 sacks on AIKMAN. It wasn't no generic O line either, it was the great cowboys OLine who gave emmitt all those yards. guess what? Put these same exact players in this game VS GENERIC OLINE and they barely get 3-4 sacks, much less 6-7.
6-7 sacks is not DL glitching. Them 90s eagles dline must be glitching then.

And I never call man vs the run. So don't say thats why my players dont contain
10 sacks on a 15 min game yea,

But you are playing on a speeded up 5 min game.

Try playing the game on 15 mins with those guys and see what the outcome is.

It would be an interesting experiment.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I pass the majority of the game. That's my offense in this game. With the blackbirds I run Ace and pass alot. With the Gladiators I run one back spread sets the entire game.
Ace = 2 TE's = More blockers

That could be why. Try running an offense against those front 4 in a shotgun formation. With no TE help. See what the outcome is.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:59 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:

That could be why. Try running an offense against those front 4 in a shotgun formation. With no TE help. See what the outcome is.
Ace = one back
Old 08-12-2007, 10:27 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 21

I think 2K solved their Dline glitch problem with a bandaid(Random blitzs). What they should have done is given us is options to control blitzes through Oline protection audibles. If someone was constantly sending pressure up the gut their should have been a oline protection audible that handled it, OR a audible to the HB/FB thats staying in to pass protect to pay attention to a LB of your choice upon hiking the ball, then he goes through a progression after that.

Its funny, In 2K the blitz does not seem to get there fast enough alot of times and in Madden it seems like almost all my blitzs work too easy.

Also, I think we need to lab something DA-Kenny brought up about manually controling Dline Legends. I think we may find they are more effective when manually controlled. Maybe this is on purpose to keep the game balanced. If you have a game where the line is bringing heavy heat without user intervention, and they have the ability to roam the defensive backfield and kill hot reads, the game would turn into a sackfest pretty quick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 10:29 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

I don't keep Sharpe and Coates in as blockers though. That's wasting them as picks for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > All Pro Football 2K »